LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Official* Tacoma Mudflaps

Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Official* Tacoma Mudflaps

I am now making mudflaps for the 2nd gen tacomas(6 lug), not the 5 lug as they have different mounting for their mudflaps. The material is a black rubber/plastic mix that will withstand chemicals and cold temps but also be very flexible to cater to the offroads guys on here and those off us who go over a speed bump and scrape mudflaps. These are also made in the mind set of larger tires to protect your paint. They are meant to be very flexible for the offroading and speed bumps so they will no break off like oem. Another issue with stock is that it diggs into your fenders and will make a very noticeable indent and ruins the paint.

These are rally inspired and are similar to what they put on Subarus, except these are made to compensate for bigger tires and the fact that it is a truck. This material is very durable and I have been running it on my tacoma and other vehicles with out issues after months of use.

Price is $85 shipped(lower 48 only)
Which includes the set of four mudflaps and all the mounting hardware that will replace your oem mounting hardware and instructions to mount them. Pm me for more information or to order a set. Again these will not fit 5 lugs.
I was also considering making bigger and smaller version if I had enough interest in both, and possibly making universal ones where you drill your own holes to fit any vehicle.
I will also be selling non drilled versions for people that have aftermarket fenders, you will have to drill and get your own hardware for these flaps. Pm me for pricing.

1. sofiasdad11 SHIPPED
2. 2005Techoma SHIPPED
3. tisher49 SHIPPED
4. Ben c SHIPPED
5. commando SHIPPED
6. Wallygater SHIPPED
7. 06yoda SHIPPED
8. yotatoy SHIPPED
9.Mountaindog SHIPPED
10.EATABULLETCOM SHIPPED
11. serbousek SHIPPED
12.BuzzardsGottaEat SHIPPED
13. whopper SHIPPED
14. Texas Taco Shipped
15. Taco-NB Shipped
16. qwertynerd Shipped
17. TACODOC1 SHIPPED
18. Cnew SHIPPED
19. drade SHipped
20. KenLyns SHIPPED
21. PlanoTaco SHIPPED
22.Tacomavols SHIPPED
23. dhdan SHIPPED

Close up pictures:

Customer installs:

Old 01-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
R.A.M.F (Rad Ass Mutha Fu$ka)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ You should design them exactly the same shape as the OEM ones and the shorten it as well.

You'll get more bites as the shape is kinda off. Love the approach and idea. This was long needed.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I didnt use an oem look alike as I wanted a wider mudflap with a different look and more offroad like profile. Also the Oem mudflaps are more "3d" and do not have nearly the clearance or more protection(with bigger tires) my mudflaps offer.

Here is an example of a similar style on an actual dakar truck.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I've been slowly and quietly watching this take off from ur first post about them........much much nicer than I had pictured.

Major props OP
Thank you, I appreciate the good feedback. Been working pretty hard on getting just the way I had pictured them.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
definitely similar to the rally armor flappies for subarus. not a bad design, simple yet effective. and would be adequate for a larger tire as well.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
Wallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard:
Wallygater's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for future purchase.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
definitely similar to the rally armor flappies for subarus. not a bad design, simple yet effective. and would be adequate for a larger tire as well.
Yes exactly
Old 01-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
I like the molded look of the original oem mudflaps. Thus, I plan to eventually cut the existing mudflaps shorter and then rivet rubber flaps below that similar to the original shape and length. This will offer the best of both - the molded look of the original and flexibility to avoid damage.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
Petrol head

You can see in my pictures what 20k miles with mudflaps did to my fenders . It dug into them and is quite ugly and noticeable with no paint.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
Petrol head

pm replied
Old 01-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
Petrol head

bump
Old 01-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
^^^^The oem top part will still gouge into ur paint^^^^
Surprised Toyota didn't insert a rubber gasket, chalk, or something similar between the mudflaps and body. Looks like another project for me.

Anyway, here's a philosophical question (for anyone reading). If it doesn't actually flap, can it really be called a mudflap?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
they should be called mudfaps
Old 01-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #16

I was thinking more along the lines of mudstiffs or mudstops. Some stores call them mudguards, but that's a cop-out since they don't actually guard the mud.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #17
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
OP, Do you know if the shipping would be more to Alaska...zip 99645?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
OP, Do you know if the shipping would be more to Alaska...zip 99645?
I pmed you.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #19
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
I pmed you.
Received and replied ... I'll be in touch. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Petrol head

Update for every one, it snowed and had a chance to do some testing, driving around the snowy roads and romping around. Also got some pictures