Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

wtb lightest steel plate bumper made, not aluminum

Old 01-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Raymond is on a distinguished road
Name: Raymond
Raymond's Tacoma Gallery
wtb lightest steel plate bumper made, not aluminum

baically i am looking for the lightest steel plate bumper around.But it cant sacrifice stength. Let me know who your favorites are and the lightest one on the market, not including alunimum
Old 01-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Aluminum is pretty damn strong and will be stronger than a steel bumper of equal weight , just sayin .

Oh , and either way , RelentlessFab
Old 01-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go aluminum relentless but that's just me.

allpro are pretty light because the steel is thinner than most, and still strong enough for light wheeling.

Have you looked into tube bumpers?
Old 01-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
research....

Why does everyone require spoon fed answers?

Put your time in and you will learn whats better by reading about them. Don't trust someone on a forum when you have no idea who they are.

Hell someone even took the time to put every bumper made into 1 thread so all you need to do is start there. It's even a sticky.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
Raymond's Tacoma Gallery
well i really dont want an aluminum bumper simply because aluminum cracks when smacked hard enough. I would still like to see what every body recommends
Old 01-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
well i really dont want an aluminum bumper simply because aluminum cracks when smacked hard enough. I would still like to see what every body recommends
So you want the lightest steel bumper you can get , but you intend to ram it into a lot of shit ?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
Banned
MBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to all
MBTaco21's Tacoma Gallery
Elite fab hands down makes the best looking 2nd gen bumper out there
Old 01-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My recommendation is to look at the bumper thread.
Find one you like.
Look at peoples builds who have them.
If they actually beat it up good then PM them and ask them how they like it.

You will find many of the people on here just have bumpers cause they look cool and they haven't even used it to pull someone out, smacked it against a rock, hit a deer, took down a tree with it, etc etc.

ATO and Relentless offer the stoutest bumper I have personally seen, but who am I

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTaco21 View Post
Elite fab hands down makes the best looking 2nd gen bumper out there
Is it the lightest ?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #10
Raymond's Tacoma Gallery
i dont plan to ram it into shit at all man. I want one for protection not to play bumper cars
Old 01-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
Raymond's Tacoma Gallery
i really like the arb alot but it is one of the heavier ones on the market and i feel that it is a lil to much for the truck
Old 01-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i dont plan to ram it into shit at all man. I want one for protection not to play bumper cars
Just wondering why you ruled out aluminum if weight seems to be your #1 priority , no worries
Old 01-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i really like the arb alot but it is one of the heavier ones on the market and i feel that it is a lil to much for the truck

function > form = priceless

form > function = waste of money IMO
Old 01-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
Raymond's Tacoma Gallery
ive seen aluminum and i dont want anything... sorry
Old 01-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
XXXX Don't be such a negative nancy, ... have YOU been able to find everything youre looking for with the elusive search button? I sure havent, this forum is massive. As for Raymond, Searching is great.... the bumper :stickey: thread is a great source to look at all the options, but gives no actual information, so ... pm-ing is probably your best bet... I also am looking at a light offroad bumper, but I will be going aluminum, even though I know it can crack if you hit it hard ... but I also have access to a Al welder to fix it up..

GL with finding YOUR right bumper!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
baically i am looking for the lightest steel plate bumper around. But it cant sacrifice stength.
Do you know why everyone wants this? Because it doesn't exist.

What do you want? Light or strong?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foihdzas View Post
XXXX Don't be such a negative nancy, ... have YOU been able to find everything youre looking for with the elusive search button? I sure havent, this forum is massive. As for Raymond, Searching is great.... the bumper :stickey: thread is a great source to look at all the options, but gives no actual information, so ... pm-ing is probably your best bet... I also am looking at a light offroad bumper, but I will be going aluminum, even though I know it can crack if you hit it hard ... but I also have access to a Al welder to fix it up..

GL with finding YOUR right bumper!
its only massive due to 1000 threads being posted on the same topics (like this one)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3385641

and BTW I think I gave the best answers yet
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
ChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ChuckLee's Tacoma Gallery
Guy clearly isn't looking for a fight....just knows that guys on this forum are knowledgable......but we are still working on the civil part. Haha
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #19
Raymond's Tacoma Gallery
strong of course. What i meant by lightweight was lighter than the arb but still kindof has that same look of the arb
Old 01-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #20
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would feel much safer if they would just make steel airplanes.
WTF

2nd gen Bumper Thread
If it ain't here it might not exist.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gens-only.html