Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: 2008-12 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD

Old 02-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
dwilliams239 is on a distinguished road
dwilliams239's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: 2008-12 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD

Hey guys,

Looking for a 2008-12 4wd Automatic Double Cab Toyota Tacoma with the TRD Off-road and 50k or less miles, with a roof scoop. Preferably black, but will consider other options. If you have something that kind of meets the above, I might consider for the right price. Firm on the double cab and automatic though.

Been looking at these for a couple of years, and found them left and right on Ebay, Autotrader, and Carmax, but now that I am ready to buy I cant seem to find any that I like.

Let me know what you have,
Danny
Old 02-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Bump
Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
good luck dude I love my 06 TRD4x4
Old 02-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently looking for a tacoma as well. I'm looking for one a little older b/c I don't have the coin to drop on an 08+, but there are plenty out there like you're looking for. Just depends on how much you're looking to spend.

Curious as to why only 08+? Is there a difference in the 05-07 and the 08+?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
I'm currently looking for a tacoma as well. I'm looking for one a little older b/c I don't have the coin to drop on an 08+, but there are plenty out there like you're looking for. Just depends on how much you're looking to spend.

Curious as to why only 08+? Is there a difference in the 05-07 and the 08+?
my thoughts exactly
Old 02-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
I have no clue why, but for some reason I was thinking the the MPG averages went up each year, but I just looked them up and they are all the same? I dont remember what i saw that made me think that.

Ok, so looking for 2005-12 4x4 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab, TRD Offroad, with hood scoop and short bed. Preferably black.

Just trying to find the best deal possible. I havent been able to find a good deal on what I want, I'll find one that I really like, but it would be like $3-4,000 overpriced. Then again I have only been searching hard for about two weeks. I am just getting anxious about being able to find one because I am turning 16 in a month. My dads giving me $20k (long story but no I am not just a rich kid getting things handed to him) and anything past that I have to pay for, so I am just looking for the best price.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilliams239 View Post
I have no clue why, but for some reason I was thinking the the MPG averages went up each year, but I just looked them up and they are all the same? I dont remember what i saw that made me think that.

Ok, so looking for 2005-12 4x4 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab, TRD Offroad, with hood scoop and short bed. Preferably black.

Just trying to find the best deal possible. I havent been able to find a good deal on what I want, I'll find one that I really like, but it would be like $3-4,000 overpriced. Then again I have only been searching hard for about two weeks. I am just getting anxious about being able to find one because I am turning 16 in a month. My dads giving me $20k (long story but no I am not just a rich kid getting things handed to him) and anything past that I have to pay for, so I am just looking for the best price.
Good luck finding the truck you want.

A hood scoop wasn't an option on the TRD off road - it's the hood for the sport. You chances of finding that on the off road are kinda slim.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Haha now I know why all of them were the sport option. What is the difference between TRD Sport and TRD Offroad?
Old 02-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha now I know why all of them were the sport option. What is the difference between TRD Sport and TRD Offroad?
Without getting super techinical:

The Sport has appearance upgrades (hood scoop), the Off Road has functional upgrades (rear differential locker).
Old 02-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
For 20k, you can easily find a double cab TRD, 4x4.
Run through local places on CL, Autotrader, and Ebay.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
For 20k, you can easily find a double cab TRD, 4x4.
Run through local places on CL, Autotrader, and Ebay.
that's true, but I do agree with you OP, anything u do find will be priced higher than you think it's worth, and looking for a doublecab 4x4 for 20K, it'll have just bout 100K miles on it
Old 02-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
wordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the rough
Name: david
wordtothis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
answer...

do more research.

be patient, you will find what you want, like all good things, they come to those who wait.