Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: Stock fog light switch

Old 02-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Ez2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud of

Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic (Structures and Hydraulics) VFA-25
Ez2typethis's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Stock fog light switch

Looking for a stock fog light switch, plug and some wire off the back. Thanks!

Switch is for new offroad lights behind grill

Old 02-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Flyin' Singin' Writin' Weirdo Freak
dajabr is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
dajabr's Tacoma Gallery
They are very rare here. I have been fortunate enough to snag some hot items quickly (fogs tow hook) but a fog switch WITH plug AND wires is a long shot. Granted, someone may have exactly this, if so you'll get it here in a bit and make me look bad for not asking sooner myself. But considering the time and effort I am going to just buy this kit and have it over with...

http://www.trdparts4u.com/Scripts/pr...dproduct=-7001
Old 02-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
dajabr's Tacoma Gallery
or....
http://www.trdparts4u.com/Scripts/pr...dproduct=-6947
Old 02-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I have a extra switch, same as the stock fog switch. Will grab pictures this evening. No cables, $25 shipped.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
The stock switch from Toyota is 50.00 although those look clean it can be done for cheaper if you just solder in to the connections on the switch
Old 02-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Ez2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud of

Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic (Structures and Hydraulics) VFA-25
Ez2typethis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajabr View Post
They are very rare here. I have been fortunate enough to snag some hot items quickly (fogs tow hook) but a fog switch WITH plug AND wires is a long shot. Granted, someone may have exactly this, if so you'll get it here in a bit and make me look bad for not asking sooner myself. But considering the time and effort I am going to just buy this kit and have it over with...

http://www.trdparts4u.com/Scripts/pr...dproduct=-7001
Quote:

I like these, will they fit in the blank spot next to the normal fog switch seamlessly? looks like they might.

Thanks for the links!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
dajabr's Tacoma Gallery
The top one is for an FJ switch, cooler since is has the light to indicate the fogs are on, includes a length of wiring harness, but needs to have notches made in the switch housing to fit the Tacoma dash, and a little extra wiring to make the "on" light work. No biggie.

The other is stock for the Taco, but you will need to run your own wiring. I have an aftermarket harness for a 04 camry that is essentially the same as stock, and when the time comes I'm just going to make it work with the FJ switch...

But!!! Consider your time looking and waiting and checking and waiting and checking is worth something too. Either way, you just shell out $50-70 and you don't have to sit here checking every night for every little piece of this rare item required to get the stock look for who knows how long. $70 is cheap when you think of it like this. Stock radios, floor mats, etc are fast and cheap here, worth it to buy them on the forum.

GL
Old 07-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
dajabr's Tacoma Gallery
Finally did it. Was checking around less and less frequently per above, got fed up with the deal hunt on my parts and just bought them. FJ Fog switch with harness and Intermittent wiper stalk. Brand spanking OEM New. Will have them in this weekend. Should not have wasted so much time.

Thanks to this forum though for part numbers and other info.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally did it. Was checking around less and less frequently per above, got fed up with the deal hunt on my parts and just bought them. FJ Fog switch with harness and Intermittent wiper stalk. Brand spanking OEM New. Will have them in this weekend. Should not have wasted so much time.

Thanks to this forum though for part numbers and other info.
how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some switches that look almost stock. I have two and love em.
http://www.otrattw.com/products.php?cat=14
Old 07-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #11
dajabr's Tacoma Gallery
Wiper stalk shipped, $127. FJ Fog switch with harness shipped $71.