Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB OE Fog Switch

Old 02-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
tacocowboy has a spectacular aura abouttacocowboy has a spectacular aura about

tacocowboy's Tacoma Gallery
WTB OE Fog Switch

Help! I need an OE fog light switch. Not at all comfortable with chinese wiring harness for aftermarket fogs.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
tatortot46 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: lieutenant
tatortot46's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a picture of this installed? I want to see what it looks like because this does not look like the one that came in my 09stomic tacoma
Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
here's a pic of it installed, i had to file the inside a tiny bit, but other than that it pretty much fits perfect and looks stock
Attached Thumbnails
WTB OE Fog Switch-cimg4187.jpg  
Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
sinaptic is on a distinguished road

sinaptic's Tacoma Gallery
The one I have is Toyota Part #84160-04010, I got it off ebay for $49 shipped. Dealers charge $50-70 it looks like. A quick google search reveals I probably could have got one even cheaper than that... D'oh, ah well.

I had the factory wiring harness pre-installed behind the dash blanks, so it was pretty much plug-n-play. Not sure if it would plug into your aftermarket wiring, you might have to do some mods.

If you look at the dash pic in nammer's post, it looks exactly like the one on the far left, above the mirror adjustment controls.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
tatortot46 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: lieutenant
tatortot46's Tacoma Gallery
hey man thanks for the picture. wasnt really sure how it would look. you have the same set up i would be installing. thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #8

Do you have a part # for that switch?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
The oem switch is easy to wire into the aftermarket harness, just need to splice in the pigtail wires from the dealer that plug into the switch. Does that switch above light up with the parking lights? I can see the indicator for when the lights are on.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #11
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
no, the white fog picture does not light up when the lights are on like the oem one, but i like the indicator light more, cause most of the time, i can barely tell the oem fog one is illuminated.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
OK. Yeah, I like the oem look and my fogs are HID so I can definitely tell when they are on without an indicator on the switch and like the switch illumination with the dash lights. They also go out when key is off so no battery suck but are wired to only require the parking lights on instead of lows and high beams don't turn them off either.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
cball917 will become famous soon enough
Name: Johnathon
cball917's Tacoma Gallery
i bought a fog light kit for my 2010 off ebay. i paid 70 bucks for it shipped. it was all oem quality. came with lights, complete harness, relay and switch that is identical to the toyota switch. and it is illuminated when on. the switch alone was 50 if bought somewhere else. i am very happy with it. took me about an hour to install everything
Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
after i got my new bumper, my fogs work better than my headlights..... i can't point them down any farther so I just tell oncoming motorist to deal with it
Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #15

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cball917 View Post
i bought a fog light kit for my 2010 off ebay. i paid 70 bucks for it shipped. it was all oem quality. came with lights, complete harness, relay and switch that is identical to the toyota switch. and it is illuminated when on. the switch alone was 50 if bought somewhere else. i am very happy with it. took me about an hour to install everything
do you happen to have a picture of the switch? or is it exactly the same? i was just wondering what you meant by illuminated when on? is it when the dash lights are on, or when the fog lights are on?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
cball917 will become famous soon enough
Name: Johnathon
cball917's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
do you happen to have a picture of the switch? or is it exactly the same? i was just wondering what you meant by illuminated when on? is it when the dash lights are on, or when the fog lights are on?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-11-TOYOTA...item3cbdc24f85

here is what i bought. i have the switch wired in on the parking lights. as soon as my parking lights are switched on the switch is hot, therefor the slotted light comes on on the switch itself. then i push the switch to turn on fogs and the little fog light comes on. this is on the switch itself. so there are 2 lights on the switch. i installed my switch under the heater controls next to the aux plug. they are really bright. i find my self alot of times running fogs only and realizing after a while i dont even have my lights on. well worth the money. my truck was not wired for them at all and toyota quoted me like 600 for lights, switch, harness and realy. and this kit i bought for 70 has every bit of it. install time was around 1hr
Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #17

Guys found a super cheap rocker switch that is like TurfTaco's find but without the light and a rectangular lens. Part number in da morn
Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cball917 View Post
I bought the same kit. Seems that the harness is too short to make it through the firewall... no big deal.

I'm curious if there is a place in the factory harness to plug in the two connectors that are included on the harness in the kit? The white (power) wire has a single spade style female housed in a plastic fitting that seems it should snap into the fuse box, and the small red wire (system enable) has a 4-pin connector on it.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post4709067
Old 03-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #20

Here is the Cole-Hershey switch. Just like Toyota's in size, shape, elec connecet, etc... You can get them at Oreilly for $9. use the part #'s shown and tell them line code CH.
Attached Thumbnails
WTB OE Fog Switch-switch.jpg