Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Leaf Spring question

Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
soljah111 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
soljah111's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf Spring question

My truck has 70k on it and I currently have a Toytec 2"aal on it. The rear end rides horrible, axle wrap and all. So I've decided to get the wheeler's 1.5 progressive aal. My question is should I consider looking for a newer set of oem leaf springs? I can't really tell if my current springs are sagging cause the 2" aal lifts it so high, I'm thinking it is because it rides so bad. Are all leaf springs the same size/length (access cab, double cab etc.)? Thanks
Old 03-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #2

Bump
Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Describe what you mean by a horrible ride, usually axle wrap is associated with guys running blocks, are you still on stock shocks, that can have a big effect on the ride quality
Old 03-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #4

I have billies 5100
Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by soljah111 View Post
I have billies 5100
OK, If the stock springs are flat or bowed, they are pretty well had, if you don't have the stock overload spring either (third leaf that sits under the main two leafs), an aal is only going to do so much for you. I put a Wheeler's 2 inch aal and 5100's and it was a huge improvement over stock but i knew that it was really only a ban aid for the real issue which is the rear leaf springs on these trucks suck, I work my truck pretty hard and carry a lot of weight, I am kicking around the idea of replacing the entire set up with new allpros.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Banned
This is what I'm thinkin of going with, the Expedition leafs, one of my local peeps has them on his truck and I've been talking to him about them.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/05tacomarearsuspension/05tacomaleafsprings
Old 03-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #7

Thanks for the reply(s), I want to replace the aal I have now with a full leaf pack but my only issue is they all are 2+ inches of lift. The aal I have now are a little to high for me. I have the toytec ulk and I want my truck to sit level. With the aal I have now it sit's high so I cranked the coilovers up pretty high. So now I have a real bumpy ride all around. I figured if I get the 1.5" it'll be better from front to back.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by soljah111 View Post
Thanks for the reply(s), I want to replace the aal I have now with a full leaf pack but my only issue is they all are 2+ inches of lift. The aal I have now are a little to high for me. I have the toytec ulk and I want my truck to sit level. With the aal I have now it sit's high so I cranked the coilovers up pretty high. So now I have a real bumpy ride all around. I figured if I get the 1.5" it'll be better from front to back.
I have the 2 inch aal and it doesn't sit that high, but I have a rack and shell, I did notice that the sites selling these tend to note that double cab/long beds my sit lower than advertized.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I am also looking to replace my leafs. They are frowning . The allpro's are priced nice but the expedition is 4" of lift unloaded! I am more looking for 2".
Old 04-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #10
"And there I was just minding my own business"
Nolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud of

Navy: USS Enterprise CVN-65, USS George H.W Bush CVN-77, NNSY, Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenace Center
Name: Nick
Nolawall's Tacoma Gallery
My question is if I have a fabtech 6 inch and I am sagging in the rear what should I go with? I do put my ATV in my truck so I would like a strong leaf set.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Deavers offer 1.5" lift but all others are higher. You could always put some weight in the back to settle things down to 1.5-2"? Sand bags, tool box, space tire/carrier etc??
Old 04-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Deavers offer 1.5" lift but all others are higher. You could always put some weight in the back to settle things down to 1.5-2"? Sand bags, tool box, space tire/carrier etc??
The only 05+ is for the pre-runner. I have a cap but dont want to carry extra weight for the hell of it. Might eventually go for one of the bigger ones and do the front with some 5100's at the same time. But I'm getting a house at the end of june, so $ is gonna be tight