Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

05+ Toyota Tacoma Safari Snorkel kit - $280 (Olympia, WA)

Old 03-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
spaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to behold

Army: 3/8 CAV 1CD
Name: Sam
spaulding88's Tacoma Gallery
05+ Toyota Tacoma Safari Snorkel kit - $280 (Olympia, WA)

This Safari snorkel kit from Cruiser Outfitters is designed for an 05+ Toyota Tacoma. Its never been used, it was going to be for a project truck but never made it on and now its taking up room and I need to get rid of it.

Asking $280 OBO.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Man I want this so gd bad.......I hate that i dont have the spare funds........DeFF Good luck with sale though

and bump for great item and product
Old 03-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
What is the part number on the kit? I'm pretty sure that Safari does not make a Snorkel for the 2005 + Tacoma, but I am hoping i'm wrong because I am becoming very interested in getting a snorkel and you are local...
Old 03-20-2012, 03:07 AM   #4
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma206 View Post
What is the part number on the kit? I'm pretty sure that Safari does not make a Snorkel for the 2005 + Tacoma, but I am hoping i'm wrong because I am becoming very interested in getting a snorkel and you are local...
Cruiser Outfitters specially designed this snorkel for 05+
HERE
Safari Snorkel$325+
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tech_2ndgenTaco_snorkel.html
Old 03-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
It is actually a Hilux snorkel that has a templet for the 05+ Tacoma. This is still a bit of a custom install. There is a thread that discusses the installation of this snorkel. Would attach the link but I'm on my phone.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #7
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
This is one hell of a deal if this is the 2nd gen snork from Kurt.

Where is the custom hole template?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
^^^That^^^would be an excellent question!!! Hope it's there, I'd hate to need a new fender...I'm a bitch with power tools!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
If he doesn't have it I would call Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and see if he can send you one. Would be worth the $5 shipped over a new fender.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbronzo View Post
If he doesn't have it I would call Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and see if he can send you one. Would be worth the $5 shipped over a new fender.

Just left Kurt a message inquiring about availability of the template and cost plus shipping. I don't know when the template became available, but it appears he's had the snorkel for a bit. Still a great price in my opinion.

I dilly dallied too long to get into the GB on the snorkle and it was out of my price range to tell the truth, so this just landed in my lap...I'm quite excited to be able to get one!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
If Kurt won't sell one I have some laying around
Old 03-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
NORTHERN RED-NECK

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
If Kurt won't sell one I have some laying around
Thanks man!!! Much appreciated!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #13
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I gots one too, paper should ship pretty cheap

I can scan it accurately with no issues, save it, then e-mail it

I would never do that unless Kurt OK'd it though and you would need a plotter to print it out.

I could also throw it in CAD and adjust it so it actually puts the holes in the right locations. I won't but I could (lazy)
Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
NORTHERN RED-NECK

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
SOOOOOO is this sold for sure?

Yes! Though I am waiting to get his Paypal to send him payment!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
NORTHERN RED-NECK

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Man, talk about quick.

Sam, payment is sent!

Thanks for making this possible for me!

Oh, and I'm told the template is included! Thanks to all you guys willing to help a stranger!!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
Man, talk about quick.

Sam, payment is sent!

Thanks for making this possible for me!

Oh, and I'm told the template is included! Thanks to all you guys willing to help a stranger!!

OE template or Kurts modified template? When they come from Kurt you get the stock and a "special one"
Old 03-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #18
NORTHERN RED-NECK

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
^^^That, I don't know yet. Is there a way to tell the difference?

I will be reading the install thread(s) regularly to get myself familiar with the install. I'm pretty big on the measure a bunch to make one cut...especially doing body work. I already have primer, paint, rtv etc. Not to mention a shitload of plumbing stuff. I also touched base with the local body shop regarding the under hood connector. (They do custom bent exhaust too, both on a Blazer and Suburban I used to own!)

I will more than likely have a bunch of questions before, during and after the install too.

I'd still like to hear more of any mileage increases, one of the bigger reasons for me to go this route, as I don't, or haven't yet, done any hardcore wheeling. Still gotta do skids and sliders for that...protect the investment!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
^^^That, I don't know yet. Is there a way to tell the difference?

I will be reading the install thread(s) regularly to get myself familiar with the install. I'm pretty big on the measure a bunch to make one cut...especially doing body work. I already have primer, paint, rtv etc. Not to mention a shitload of plumbing stuff. I also touched base with the local body shop regarding the under hood connector. (They do custom bent exhaust too, both on a Blazer and Suburban I used to own!)

I will more than likely have a bunch of questions before, during and after the install too.

I'd still like to hear more of any mileage increases, one of the bigger reasons for me to go this route, as I don't, or haven't yet, done any hardcore wheeling. Still gotta do skids and sliders for that...protect the investment!!!
The stock one for the Hilux has print on it from Safari. Kurt's has handwriting on it.

Ask away in the snorkel install thread. If you need the template PM me and Ill see what I can do.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #20
NORTHERN RED-NECK

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Once again I gotta say "THANKS".

I'll keep things up to date! I am usually a babbling pic whore, I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet.

Kinda off topic here, but before the end of summer, if I get my finances straight, I gotta get out to RC to meet y'all.

I have trouble with the "texting/writing" thing. Sometimes my sarcasm and gutter(pussy) humor get me in trouble without being able to see faces, but I think I could get along with you guys pretty well!