Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: Unichip System for 05-08 Tacoma New in Box

Old 04-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Unichip System for 05-08 Tacoma New in Box

***SOLD***

I'm selling this Unichip system that I just bought several weeks ago. I didn't realize that the harness for the ECU is different in the 09+ than the 05-08's, so this one won't work in my 2010. Never been installed in either my truck or the guy who sold it to me, everything brand new in the box. Comes with illustrated installation instructions and the cable to hook to your laptop also. $300 shipped, just looking to get my $$$ back. These retail for $595 on Unichip's website. This is not a "chip" like you get on eBay, these are fully customizable to your after-market mods.

Edit: Question was asked if this was fully plug and play, answer is YES! You unplug the harnesses from your ECU behind your glove box and plug them into the Unichip module, then plug the Unichip's harnesses back into the ECU, and done! It comes with great illustrated instructions on installation. When you're ready to remove it, just unplug everything and plug the harnesses back directly into the ECU and you're back to stock.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice good deal why don't you call up uni chip see if they coul trade it for you
I actually thought about that, but I ended up owing a little more than I thought to Uncle Obama for income tax and already have AnT working on my FX-R retro, so I have to let this go. I'll just keep my eyes open for one to come available on this board later on once it's not tax season
Old 04-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #9
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
nice I wish i had the extra $ for this, wish u the best with sale
Old 04-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #10
Geaux Tigers

Question was asked if this was fully plug and play, answer is YES! You unplug the harnesses from your ECU behind your glove box and plug them into the Unichip module, then plug the Unichip's harnesses back into the ECU, and done! It comes with great illustrated instructions on installation. When you're ready to remove it, just unplug everything and plug the harnesses back directly into the ECU and you're back to stock.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Uni wants $270 for the 2010 pnp cable. I'm in the same boat: just bought the same model Unichip from someone and am now stuck with it until I can free up more cash.
Uni won't trade the cables or even discount the new one. I asked.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #14
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacksblacktaco View Post
okay i just cant turn away from this, whats it tuned for??
If his kit comes with the USB cable then Uni will allow you to load the maps for different exhausts and intakes yourself. You can download them and the software from their site. If not, the cable costs $35.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
Geaux Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
If his kit comes with the USB cable then Uni will allow you to load the maps for different exhausts and intakes yourself. You can download them and the software from their site. If not, the cable costs $35.
Exactly. The guy I bought it from had it tuned just for the TRD S/C, but you can plug into your computer and load your setup onto it (at least that's my understanding). You can also buy the custom tuning software from unichip and put it on the dyno and custom tune everything yourself.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
zacksblacktaco is on a distinguished road

zacksblacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post
Exactly. The guy I bought it from had it tuned just for the TRD S/C, but you can plug into your computer and load your setup onto it (at least that's my understanding). You can also buy the custom tuning software from unichip and put it on the dyno and custom tune everything yourself.
will you entertain an offer and what would be your way of payment? im still not 100% on this but i am interested