1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Console Vault with combo lock for 2nd Gen

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by SlurpeeBlueMetallic, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Apr 28, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic [OP] FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    SOLD!

Selling my Console Vault with combination lock. Perfect fit in 2nd Gen console. I had this one installed in my truck for over a year, was absolutely perfect for storing my GPS and for securing my CCW when I had to go in places I couldn't carry. I sold my truck recently so no longer need it.

http://www.consolevault.com/toyota-tacoma-floor-console-2005-2011.html

$200 shipped to you anywhere within the continental US. If you're local to me (central NC) we can meet and I'll knock off $20.

Paypal is preferred, PM me with questions or to buy.

Check out Janster's awesome write-up here. I'll include the single page printed instructions from the manufacturer, but you probably won't need them if you read her post :) All that's required is to remove the console top and mounting bracket then install the vault into the factory holes in the bottom of the console. Re-install the bracket and console top to complete.

I didn't cut any extra holes in the box like Janster, but I did create some padding on the bottom with corrugated plastic and a piece of black polyester low-pile carpet. You can see the padding in the second pic below. It's only about 3/8" thick but definitely helps squelch any rattling against the bare metal floor. It isn't attached to the metal floor, just cut to be a very tight fit... if you don't like it, toss it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Apr 28, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    TACODOC1

TACODOC1 AmericanAdventurist.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4WD V6 SR5 TRD Offroad
    See TACODOC.com!
    I have one of these, a must have for anyone who carries valuables or locks their truck at a trailhead :cool:

3. Apr 28, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I also have one and would echo that its a must have if you have a concealed carry permit and must leave your side arm in the vehicle because some fascist proprietor prohibits carrying on their premises. Ya, I know this sounds a little over the top but that’s what I was going for.;)

4. Apr 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    HAWAIICALIVEGAZ

HAWAIICALIVEGAZ Desert Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Pre Runner
    Dr Coilovers; Camburg UCAs; Sway bar Relocation block; Deaver J66 Leafs; ProComp extended travel rear shocks 6K HIDs & 13" antenna
    funny thing is I was just looking at these earlier today... Might have to pick this up

5. Apr 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    This has come in very handy for me as well. All the same reasons as mentioned above. Holds my GPS, CCW and any other valuables. It is kind of a squeeze to put in my Browning Hi-Power or full size 1911, but my M&P 9c has room to spare.

6. Apr 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    Tacodog

Tacodog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Renton, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 TRD offroad DCSB Cement
    Icon stage 1, Icon upper control arms, 17” Fuel wheels,Ridge Grapplers, TRD exhaust, leather interior.
  7. Apr 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic [OP] FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    Replied to PM... thanks!

8. Apr 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    Tacodog

Tacodog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Renton, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 TRD offroad DCSB Cement
    Icon stage 1, Icon upper control arms, 17” Fuel wheels,Ridge Grapplers, TRD exhaust, leather interior.
    Sold to me. :yay:

Products Discussed in

To Top