Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Bolt on sliders

Old 05-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
SR5tacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired
SR5tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bolt on sliders

450 shipped

Rocky road outfitters these were never bolted onto my truck but a friend of mine has them and he has dropped them from maybe a foot or 2 onto rocks with no roblems. I just don't have time to work on my truck anymore looking to sell these asap and get them out with the next major shipment trip i make(wed.) they bolt into 8 places on the pinchweld and frame

Old 05-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
somethings not right with your pic, im only seeing about 1/2
Old 05-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
^X2

What size of truck do these fit?
Old 05-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
^X2

What size of truck do these fit?
damnit my picture got messed up! i'll re upload it again.

these fit Access Cab 05+ models
Old 05-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you located?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Why do they look thinnnnn.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Why do they look thinnnnn.
use 3/16" inner hitch steel to make sure your bars do NOT bend...they are not I can tell you that. Also these have a lifetime warrenty if you bend them break them damage your truck it's covered by rocky road outfitters

new pic
Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5tacoma View Post
use 3/16" inner hitch steel to make sure your bars do NOT bend...they are not I can tell you that. Also these have a lifetime warrenty if you bend them break them damage your truck it's covered by rocky road outfitters

new pic
I would imagine if you bend them and damage your truck, Rocky Road would only warranty their sliders, they're not going to cover the damaged vehicle. Also, only 2 attachments to the frame and just a face bolted, no angle to cup under the frame rail?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I would imagine if you bend them and damage your truck, Rocky Road would only warranty their sliders, they're not going to cover the damaged vehicle. Also, only 2 attachments to the frame and just a face bolted, no angle to cup under the frame rail?
No they bolt onto the frame and the pinch weld again you may have a problem with that but i have personally watch my buddy drop his truck about a foot and a half onto a rock with no problem whatsoever or damage to the vehicle or sliders
Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
where are you located?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5tacoma View Post
No they bolt onto the frame and the pinch weld again you may have a problem with that but i have personally watch my buddy drop his truck about a foot and a half onto a rock with no problem whatsoever or damage to the vehicle or sliders
Ahh, I see, that's what the upper piece of tube steel is for, to bolt to the pinch weld. Sorry, I was confused on how they get mounted up. Good luck with the sale!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Ahh, I see, that's what the upper piece of tube steel is for, to bolt to the pinch weld. Sorry, I was confused on how they get mounted up. Good luck with the sale!
Oh i apologize i had thought you saw that.

I am in upstate NY near Syarcuse for the next couple of weeks
Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
as of right now sliders are sold
Old 05-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
soonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
soonenough's Tacoma Gallery
WARNING: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SELLER (SR5tacoma).

I purchased a 2011 OEM grille from him on 4/22 (as shown in this thread) and never received it. I have sent him many PMs, and he refuses to send me a tracking number for the shipment. He also claimed that he shipped it once but it was returned to him by the shipper. He said he would re-ship it but still will not respond to my PMs or send me a tracking number. It's been over 3 weeks since I sent payment and have not received the item. He will not respond to my PMs, so I have filed a claim with PayPal to get my $100 back. I'm not sure if I will get my money back or not, but if I receive the item or hear from the seller I will update this post. Summary of events (actions by me in blue, actions by seller in red):

4/22 4:31pm Payment sent in full via PayPal; sent PM to confirm payment and ask when it would ship

4/22 4:41pm Seller replied saying he would send it via USPS and send a tracking number

4/25 3:58pm Sent PM asking if grille has shipped

4/27 10:44am Sent PM asking if grille has shipped

4/27 11:49am Seller sends PM saying grille has shipped via USPS parcel post, says it should arrive by Monday 4/30

5/4 8:41pm Sent PM telling seller grille hasnít arrived; asked for tracking number

5/7 1:03pm Sent PM telling seller grille still hasnít arrived; tell him I will file a dispute with PayPal and post whatís happened on TW if I donít receive communication and tracking number within 24 hours

5/7 2:28pm Seller sends PM apologizing for delays and says the package was returned to him by the shipper; says it will re-ship by end of the week

5/7 5:44pm Sent seller PM acknowledging his last message and explaining why I am unhappy; asked again for him to send me a tracking number when the grille ships by the end of the week

5/7 5:57pm Seller sends another PM again apologizing and saying he will send tracking number as soon as it ships

5/12 12:57pm Sent seller PM asking if grille has shipped yet since it was supposed to ship by Sat 5/12

5/14 5:43pm Sent seller PM asking if grille has shipped; reminded him that itís now been over 3 weeks since I sent payment, and over a week since it was supposedly returned to him by the shipper; told him I will file a PayPal dispute if I donít receive a tracking number within 24 hours

5/15 5:45pm Filed dispute resolution claim with PayPal

***Update 6/4: PayPal ruled in my favor on 5/26 and refunded me all $100 thankfully. I never received the grille and I've still never heard a word from this low-life jack***.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery

Waiting for OP response.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
I had made a deal with him locally to pick those up last week end, tried calling a couple times and never got any reply/ figured somebody must have paid more for them then I was going to. Need a phone number to reach him ?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #19
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the local ad for them -Toyota tacoma rock sliders - $400 (drum)

Date: 2012-05-09, 10:19AM EDT
Reply to: zm2xq-3005148984@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a set of bolt on rock sliders for a toyota tacoma access cab. Never used but i've used my friends and these things are tough. looking for 400 OBO

my number is 9048918959 feel free to text with an offer anytime

Old 05-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
soonenough, i trust you'll get ur money back from paypal, if he doesn't respond to them or have proof of shipping, they'll automatically rule in your favor