1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suggestion; try shipping by Greyhound

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Adirondacjack, May 26, 2012.

1. May 26, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    Adirondacjack

Adirondacjack [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    Stratford, NY
    Vehicle:
    07 4 by4
    off road, tow package
    Just a helpful hint. I've recieved bumber, fender, and even a full length bedside across country at the best rates I could find. Not trying to aggravate anyone because I posted this months ago, but i went through alot of searching before i found the simple answer

2. May 27, 2012 at 3:49 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I did not know this. Now I do. Thanks for the tip and I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

Did you have to go to a GH station to pick up your item or did it get delievered to your home?

3. May 27, 2012 at 4:43 AM
    wordtothis

wordtothis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    david
    atlanta
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC SB, V6 4X4, 6spd
    Husky floor liners, in-channel vent visors, billies, khaki softopper, Wet Okoles, OTHER STUFF - kinda STOCKISH!
    THIS is the key, you do have to go to the actual station.
    For those who don't know where their local greyhound station/stop is, that is probably not a mistake on your part. Usually, they are in spots of town with a "less-than-savory" nature. This is the only word of caution I would lend to this helpful hint. Yes, shipping via greyhound is a good deal, but it usually takes a while, and you have to go to the ghetto to pick your stuff up.

4. May 27, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    RickG

RickG It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Member:
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Color matched grille, Access tonneau, OEM Temp/compass, De-badged, OEM hitch, Custom rear storage/dog deck, LED foot well lighting, Illuminated 4x4 switch
    Looked into this a while back and was surprised to see that there's lots of stations in places you wouldn't expect, not just in bigger cities. And as the OP notes, they seem to be able to take the bigger stuff that gets pricey with UPS and FedEx.

5. May 27, 2012 at 5:02 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Good bump for a great idea.

Fastenal is another option. Lots of the fab guys use them-it was 140 or so to ship two full sets of skid plates and like 180 to ship 3 bumpers all together. Slower then the others and not as easy to track shipments but tends to be cheaper than the big name shippers.

6. May 27, 2012 at 6:07 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    Wow would have never thought of Greyhound nor Fastenal. Thanks for the tip!

7. May 27, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
  8. May 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    Carry a gun and learn to use it and these sorts of things no longer control your life decisions. :cool:

9. May 29, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    Yes, shipping Greyhound is a great option. I've shipped 2 sets of seats and a fiberglass tonneau cover this way. Just make sure to box it well. In my case, my father and I built wooden frames to help prevent any damage.
    And fwiw, I've dropped off the products each time. For NJ guys, the local station in Newark is where I've shipped them through.

10. May 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    hmm I've been trying to sell some wheels and could never lock a sale b/c shipping was always too expensive. I will look into GH, thanks OP +rep

11. May 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    theboy12

theboy12 The Answer is 42, But What is the Question?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
    King 2.5 Remote Resi'sand rear 2.0s, Dakar Pack, TRD 1st Gen air intake, Stealth 6's wraped in DynaPro ATms 285/70R17s, SnugTop, ALL Pro Front bumper, Brute Fab HC Rear Bumper, Hella Black Magic Lights, Bedslide 1000
    Ya, when I was young and blew up my motorcycle engine we would send it to Sacremento via greyhound to be rebuilt. Then they would send it back. Was cheaper than any shipping we could find and didn't cost us a 3+ hour drive from up by Redding, CA.

Good suggestion,
    -Jon

Products Discussed in

To Top