1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Bolt On Light Bars - Distinct Offroad

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by PELLEY, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Aug 9, 2012 at 5:46 AM
    Steve J

Steve J Steve J

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Canyon Country Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Access Cab 4x2
    Avid front light bar, Avid bolt on sliders, Avid rear bumper protector, T-Rex grill & bumper insert. Still lots to do though.
    This bar looks absolutely amazing. Chris, didn't think your stuff could get any better, but again, you went off & did it. Great work man. Looking forward to seeing more of these on the road to see what lights everyone is going to mount. :popcorn::bowdown:

2. Aug 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    Alloutdrs1

Alloutdrs1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mag gray Doublecab 4x4
    Distinct Offroad light bar, Rigid E-series and amber duallys, Leer 100xq, Oem roof rack, Oem bed mat, Bullculla trailer plug relocate bracket, Rear diff vent mod, front mud flap chop, Color matched Grille w/Andres devil horns, Wet okoles and weathertechs
    My bar will arrive on Wednesday, really excited to get it mounted up! What lights are you guys going to run on yours? I was looking into baja designs and lightforce but looks like they will be two deep. Now im thinking about going with a 10" rigid industries led light bar in the middle and i already have a set of dually's that i might mount on the outer tabs angled out towards the sides.

3. Aug 21, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    PELLEY

PELLEY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Can't wait to see pictures!!!

4. Aug 21, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    PELLEY

Member:
    Hey guys,

An update on what I got. I have 5 of these in stock and ready to ship. All mid height, powder coated, and ready to bolt on. Let me know if you got any questions or you are interested in picking one up!

Chris

5. Aug 21, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    lateapex

lateapex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro
    Would like to order one. Am I able to mount a LED light bar to it?

6. Aug 21, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    PELLEY

Member:
    The tabs are spaced 8.5" apart and there are 4 of them. I am sure you could mount one with a little work.

If I was doing it without messing up the powder coat I would get some 1.5" (1/8" to 3/16" thick) and bolt it to the existing tabs, then drill new holes for the LED light bar. If you take your time, you could paint it and it would look good. I can always make you one for a few extra bucks if you tell me how wide the mounting holes for the LED bar need to be.

Or I have two bare ones sitting on my shelf I will be getting powder coated next week. I could do custom tabs for you. I would sell it to you bare for $15 off if you want too.

7. Aug 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    Alloutdrs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Distinct Offroad light bar, Rigid E-series and amber duallys, Leer 100xq, Oem roof rack, Oem bed mat, Bullculla trailer plug relocate bracket, Rear diff vent mod, front mud flap chop, Color matched Grille w/Andres devil horns, Wet okoles and weathertechs
    Rigid industries also offers a clamp system for the light bars, that's what im going to use on mine. Chris i will post up my pictures once i have it mounted!

[​IMG]

8. Aug 22, 2012 at 5:46 AM
    Steve J

Steve J Steve J

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Canyon Country Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Access Cab 4x2
    Avid front light bar, Avid bolt on sliders, Avid rear bumper protector, T-Rex grill & bumper insert. Still lots to do though.
    I can't wait to see some more of Chris' stuff on the road. Some great work.

9. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    Alloutdrs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Received my bar yesterday, looks great! Ups wasn't so nice to my box it came pretty beat up and I have one deep scratch on my bar luckily it's on the backside so I will just touch it up. I will post pictures once I install.

10. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:40 AM
    PELLEY

Member:
    Thats a bummer to hear they messed it up... Did you happen to take any pictures before you opened it? Those are insured for $100 so if you want to, you can file a claim with them and get $$$ to get it re-coated.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!! Glad it's an easy fix though, and I am looking forward to seeing some pictures!!!

11. Aug 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    PELLEY

Member:
    Bump for the weekend. I will be in San Diego this weekend, via Los Angeles so if you are in those areas and want to save on shipping, let me know!

12. Aug 24, 2012 at 6:03 AM
    Steve J

Steve J Steve J

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Canyon Country Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Access Cab 4x2
    Hey all, these are some amazing light bars for a great price considering the workmanship on these things. Just saying.

13. Aug 25, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    Alloutdrs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah i snapped some pics before i opened, one end was completely opened up and i was afraid i was going to be missing a bracket or hardware. I just touched the bar up with some eastwood black caliper paint i had, the orange peel finish makes the touch-ups undetectable. I have my bar mounted up, i went ahead and installed my RI duallys on the outside tabs and it looks good with those, It will look even better with the 10" E series mounted in the middle. I will take some pictures tomorrow and post up.

14. Aug 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    PELLEY

Member:
    So let's see some pics!!!!

15. Aug 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    PhantomVirus

PhantomVirus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    People's Republic of NJ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White TRD OffRoad Double Cab
    Don't steal my tailgate Mod, Hardwired Valentine1 Radar Detector, Smitty N-FAB Nerf Bars, Led lights (Maps, overhead & rear License Plate), Debadged, TRD rim center covers, Replaced Chrome Grill with OEM Super White, PlastiDipped Toyota Logo on Grill BLACK, Distinct Offroad Custom light bar
    Chris -

Just received my bar today - THANK YOU. And to repeat what others hav said - the orange peel look REALLY WORKS.

I plan on getting this installed this week and will post pics. No lights yet - thinking about the Rigid LED as center and Dually's on the outside. Someone else posted a pic with a setup like this and it looked great.

Thanks for the work & the custom license plate tabs to keep the NJ State Troopers from busting my cajones.

16. Aug 29, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    Alloutdrs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Here are some pictures of the bar, i have the RI duallys on the outside tabs and a RI 10" E-series is going in the middle. Don't mind the black zip ties on the bracket in the picture had that there holding the lights pigtails until i wired them up, they are gone now.

light bar 2.jpg
    Light Bar.jpg

17. Aug 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    PELLEY

Member:
    Looks great!!! Can't wait to see it with the additional light bar.

18. Sep 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    PhantomVirus

PhantomVirus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    People's Republic of NJ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White TRD OffRoad Double Cab
    Don't steal my tailgate Mod, Hardwired Valentine1 Radar Detector, Smitty N-FAB Nerf Bars, Led lights (Maps, overhead & rear License Plate), Debadged, TRD rim center covers, Replaced Chrome Grill with OEM Super White, PlastiDipped Toyota Logo on Grill BLACK, Distinct Offroad Custom light bar
    bar installed - now working on 10" LED and 2 Dualies for the outside

Yes - I KNOW I have to move my license plate but Chis added tabs for that - just have not gotten it done yet.

Ignore the black marks in the white paint - she needs a bath - also no time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Sep 1, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    Alloutdrs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Looks good, your going with the same light setup as me. My 10" Rigid E-series should be in on Tuesday so i will post pics once i mount it up. Is NJ very strict about the front plate? The bar doesn't cover the whole thing with the LP in stock location. So far i haven't been hassled here..knock on wood.

20. Sep 2, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    Hiker

Hiker Well-Known Member

Member:
    HotZona

Products Discussed in

To Top