1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Corbeau Sport Seats w/ Mounting Brackets for 2nd Gen. Tacoma $700

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by ready2dodamage, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Jul 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    ready2dodamage

ready2dodamage [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2006 Reg Cab 4x4 - 4 Banger
    I recently purchased a 2006 Tacoma and in an attempt to end my frustration with the bench seat I impulse purchased these Corbeau Sport Seats (black cloth) and mounting brackets from online Corbeau dealers two weeks ago.

After disassembling my cab, installing one seat and attempting to solve the myriad of seat sensor + airbag wiring issues I decided against proceeding with the installation.

Unfortunately, in order to process a return the Corbeau dealers would like me to pay for the original shipping costs + return shipping AND a 15% restocking fee. Woa.

Prefer to sell with the brackets, however, will consider selling the seats separately.

I paid $810.00 for everything. The seats sell for $299.00-per seat and the Corbeau mounting brackets for 2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005+) sell for $105.00 each. Looking for $700.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/sportseat/

It's a good deal for someone who is willing to live with the airbag light and/or has the knowledge + time to properly install. I'm moving in a few weeks and starting grad school, I just don't have the time to find the right harnesses/switches and tear my cab apart.

One of the plastic end caps (interior side of divers seat) is missing (photo 3). It covers the metal frame on the bottom edge of the seat, essentially where the recliner handle would be if, it was on that side. I was looking for it during assembly and managed to step on it and crack it. I have a phone call into Corbeau about getting a replacement, which I would obviously provide to the buyer.

Shipping is very expensive on these (hence my reason for not returning) so looking for a local-ish cash sale, ideally New England/Mid-Atlantic area. Willing to meet halfway or deliver. I'm located in Worcester, MA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jamesepoop likes this.
  2. Dec 30, 2019 at 3:21 PM
    Goober1997

Goober1997 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Vehicle:
    2002 2.4l 5Spd Tacoma Base
    Might be a stretch but when you installed these, you ever notice a significant height decrease? Looking to install these in my 02 tacoma, but didn’t know if I’d have any more headroom in doing so, I’m a tall guy and am looking to lower the seat height if I can.

thanks!!

Products Discussed in

To Top