1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

F/S- Tonneau Cover - DBCB Short Bed

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by slcsez2000, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Aug 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    *****SOLD!!!!!!******

IMG_3036.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3055.jpg
    IMG_3385.jpg
    IMG_3386.jpg
    IMG_3387.jpg

2. Aug 15, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Just some supporting info. I had this same type of cover on my last truck for 7 years. Still looked and worked like new when I traded it. Yes, it is a snap cover, but if you aren't removing the cover alot, it's not a big deal. In my experience it always snapped up pretty easily. Only time I had to work at it was on a cloudy 30 degree day. Luckily on the Gulf Coast those don't happen much.

For the price this is a good quality, light weight, weather proof cover.

3. Aug 15, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    Thanks man, yeah it seems like it is build to last and I haven't had any problem with it. The snaps are not even that big of a deal. It is just not what I originally wanted when I bought the truck/need something to fit my lifestyle a little more. So here goes a good deal for someone who wants a durable tonneau for cheap!

4. Aug 15, 2012 at 8:58 AM
    wagz502

wagz502 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wagz
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Workin on it.....
    What would it be to ship to 44064? Does this cover work with the cargo management system?

5. Aug 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    If you are talking about the cargo tie-downs on the bedsides, yes they still work, but with some limitations. There are two clamps that hold the cover rails to the bedtop. Those 2 clamps cover the tie-down rails, as such, you end up with 3 areas on the tie-down rails. You'll need to position your two tie downs into one of those 3 areas, then if you want to move the tie-down to another area, you'll need to remove a clamp or remove the tie-down from the rail and re-position it.

I have the same rails on my 09 and have not had a case where I've had to move the tie-downs. My tie-downs are located in the forward area and the rear area.

6. Aug 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    After getting an approximate shipping quote it looks like I can get it to you for around $50...so you would be getting a tough tonneau for $150 shipped to your door! As far as the "cargo management system" I assume you are refering to the bedrails that allow you to clamp in assesories and such? It seems to work with the bedrails just fine because it sits above them to allow access to them. I personally have not used them yet however but I did see in the autoanything.com reviews one person mentioned:
    "....high quality materials used throughout, product was well designed and constructed, as well as ease of use, provide great satisfaction with my choice. It was not easy to find a tonneau cover for the Toyota Tacoma with its newer composite bed and rail tie-down system; this fit perfectly!"

Hope this helps!

7. Aug 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Thanks for that explaination ....haha hope that helped as well !

8. Aug 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Bump for still available and reasonable OBO

9. Aug 16, 2012 at 3:28 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    update:
    Update:

Looks like I can let this go for $150ish Shipped!! to anyone in the southeast and most likely the northeast as well. PM me, it has to go.

10. Aug 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    anyone need a tonneau out there? Make an offer. ? This Regularly sells for $250ish new.

11. Aug 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    $95 needs a home...still available..take it

12. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    wagz502

wagz502 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wagz
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Workin on it.....
    I'd of bought already if I didn't just find out it doesn't work with the flip out bed extender I plan on getting. Awesome deal though, can't believe no one snatched it up yet!

13. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:30 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah I guess it doesn't , never really had a need for one so I never looked into it. Def a good deal. Someone will eventually get them a deal and take this got a new one as a gift last night so this needs a loving home lol

14. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:45 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    But still available!

15. Aug 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Whats the shipped price? I am in NJ.

16. Aug 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Need a city in New Jersey to get a shipping quote...what is your zip?

17. Aug 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
  18. Aug 17, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Just took it off my truck..all ready to be shipped off...who wants it?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

All hardware included

19. Aug 18, 2012 at 4:27 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Bump...ok it's ready to ship:..just need to throw an address label on it...still available

20. Aug 18, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    *****SOLD!!!!!!******

Products Discussed in

To Top