Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

F/S- Tonneau Cover - DBCB Short Bed

Old 08-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Just some supporting info. I had this same type of cover on my last truck for 7 years. Still looked and worked like new when I traded it. Yes, it is a snap cover, but if you aren't removing the cover alot, it's not a big deal. In my experience it always snapped up pretty easily. Only time I had to work at it was on a cloudy 30 degree day. Luckily on the Gulf Coast those don't happen much.

For the price this is a good quality, light weight, weather proof cover.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Just some supporting info. I had this same type of cover on my last truck for 7 years. Still looked and worked like new when I traded it. Yes, it is a snap cover, but if you aren't removing the cover alot, it's not a big deal. In my experience it always snapped up pretty easily. Only time I had to work at it was on a cloudy 30 degree day. Luckily on the Gulf Coast those don't happen much.

For the price this is a good quality, light weight, weather proof cover.
Thanks man, yeah it seems like it is build to last and I haven't had any problem with it. The snaps are not even that big of a deal. It is just not what I originally wanted when I bought the truck/need something to fit my lifestyle a little more. So here goes a good deal for someone who wants a durable tonneau for cheap!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
wagz502 is on a distinguished road
Name: Wagz
wagz502's Tacoma Gallery
What would it be to ship to 44064? Does this cover work with the cargo management system?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz502 View Post
Does this cover work with the cargo management system?
If you are talking about the cargo tie-downs on the bedsides, yes they still work, but with some limitations. There are two clamps that hold the cover rails to the bedtop. Those 2 clamps cover the tie-down rails, as such, you end up with 3 areas on the tie-down rails. You'll need to position your two tie downs into one of those 3 areas, then if you want to move the tie-down to another area, you'll need to remove a clamp or remove the tie-down from the rail and re-position it.

I have the same rails on my 09 and have not had a case where I've had to move the tie-downs. My tie-downs are located in the forward area and the rear area.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What would it be to ship to 44064? Does this cover work with the cargo management system?
After getting an approximate shipping quote it looks like I can get it to you for around $50...so you would be getting a tough tonneau for $150 shipped to your door! As far as the "cargo management system" I assume you are refering to the bedrails that allow you to clamp in assesories and such? It seems to work with the bedrails just fine because it sits above them to allow access to them. I personally have not used them yet however but I did see in the autoanything.com reviews one person mentioned:
"....high quality materials used throughout, product was well designed and constructed, as well as ease of use, provide great satisfaction with my choice. It was not easy to find a tonneau cover for the Toyota Tacoma with its newer composite bed and rail tie-down system; this fit perfectly!"

Hope this helps!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Simon SEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
If you are talking about the cargo tie-downs on the bedsides, yes they still work, but with some limitations. There are two clamps that hold the cover rails to the bedtop. Those 2 clamps cover the tie-down rails, as such, you end up with 3 areas on the tie-down rails. You'll need to position your two tie downs into one of those 3 areas, then if you want to move the tie-down to another area, you'll need to remove a clamp or remove the tie-down from the rail and re-position it.

I have the same rails on my 09 and have not had a case where I've had to move the tie-downs. My tie-downs are located in the forward area and the rear area.
Thanks for that explaination ....haha hope that helped as well !
Old 08-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #12
wagz502 is on a distinguished road
Name: Wagz
wagz502's Tacoma Gallery
I'd of bought already if I didn't just find out it doesn't work with the flip out bed extender I plan on getting. Awesome deal though, can't believe no one snatched it up yet!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #13
Simon SEZ

Quote:
I'd of bought already if I didn't just find out it doesn't work with the flip out bed extender I plan on getting. Awesome deal though, can't believe no one snatched it up yet!
Yeah I guess it doesn't , never really had a need for one so I never looked into it. Def a good deal. Someone will eventually get them a deal and take this got a new one as a gift last night so this needs a loving home lol
Old 08-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the shipped price? I am in NJ.