1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Selling Aluminum mounting bracket for Bluesea systems fuse block

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by santas212, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    santas212

santas212 [OP] I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    >>>>> UPDATE - Skip ahead to page 3 on the default forum settings. Posts #56-60 have the pictures of the finished product, and ordering/price info<<<

I have worked up a design with a machine shop that is going to cut, bend, drill and ship these brackets to me. The more people interested, the lower the price will go for everyone. If i wanted to get just one for myself it would be cost prohibitive so i want to do a group buy of sorts to drop the cost.

The shelf design was made for a 2009, to fit onto the existing mounting holes on the drivers side, just behind the oem fuse block.

The fuse panel bracket plan is as follows, 8.5"X6.5" top plate with 2" bent sides out of aluminum 5054, .062 thickness. holes drilled for bolting to the two holes on the side of the truck will be drilled through the plate just over 5/16" diameter and they are 3" apart.

On the top plate holes are planned for the Bluesea systems 6 circut+ negative bus panel mine is model #PN 5025 the holes are just over 3/16" diameter and are 3 7/8" apart and 2 1/2" wide. You are welcome to drill your own holes as well if you choose to mount something else, aluminum should be easy to drill through.

The side tabs on the top plate will help give a little extra support and should rest of the back mounting plate.

The bend for the side to be mounted to the truck is bent to 92deg as it seems the holes aren't exactly at a 90 to the engine compartment.

Cost - $40 for the brackets, two bolts to mount to the side of the engine compartment, with washers, and 4 bolts to mount your Blue sea systems to the top of the shelf, with nuts and washers.

Prices are assuming 10 people want these. I don't mind floating the cost of 2-3 but i would like to get some funds from interested party's before i order. It will take 4 days or so for them to be ready, then another few for them to ship to my house, and a few more days for me to individually pack and ship to 10 people. so from the time we order i would like them to you in 2 weeks- ish

photo attached of the truck compartment, should see the holes for mounting, also there is a cad photo of the designed product.

If more than 10 people place orders I'll drop the price to $35 each, Shipped. PM me for ordering, PayPal Preferred.

Previous thread was here, with links to other relevant threads & additional photos>

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...inless-mounting-bracket-spare-fuse-panel.html

Orders>
    #1 - Santas212

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    sfcadams

sfcadams Retired Senior NCO

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Elizabeth, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road DCSB Prerunner Skeewped
  3. Aug 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    I'm down for one.

4. Aug 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    shweller

shweller Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corona
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport SB 4x4
    PoP 'N' Lock Satoshi Grill (Did it Myself) DSM UCA's (Desert Products) FXR 1.1 w/Gatling Gun Shrouds Phillips 85122 Method Racing Wheels HID Hella 500's behind Satoshi grill Fog Light Anytime Illuminated 4x4 Switch Ultragauge PIAA 510"s King Coilovers w/resi's Rear TSB Leaf Packs All Pro Sliders Bolt on sliders 255/75 R17 BF Goodrich Mudders Spidertrax wheel spacers Neoprene arm rests Weathertechs Wet Okoles w/TRD Allpro Ofrroad Apex bumper and IFS skid plate
    Interested....

5. Aug 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    let's see the final product

6. Aug 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    I'm in! Need this big time!

Orders>
    #1 - Santas212
    #2 - Techoma

7. Aug 26, 2012 at 2:07 AM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield

Sorry, but i'm not placing an order for just one, cost prohibitive... That's why i need some more people to go in on it with me. Once they set up the machines to do the job, its cheap and easy to stamp out as many as we want, but ordering just one, you eat the whole cost of set-up...

Techoma - if your serious, send me a PM. If we don't get enough interest and don't end up placing an order all funds will be returned.

8. Aug 26, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    Mach375

Mach375 Habitual Violator of Wheeling Rule #2

Member:
    First Name:
    Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Too much to list, but enough to get me in trouble. Repeatedly.
  9. Aug 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    #1 - Santas212
    #2 - Techoma
    #3 - Rakso

10. Aug 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    We're making headway! Talk it up, let's get more people onboard.

11. Aug 27, 2012 at 5:37 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
  12. Aug 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    bump, I need this bracket

13. Aug 27, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    thebaker

thebaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    i'm interested....just depends on the actual timing when the product wil actually be sent out.

14. Aug 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    lawless

lawless the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    looks pretty good. i imagine the same mounting location will work on my 2012?

15. Aug 30, 2012 at 1:52 AM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    I took a leap of faith... 10 ordered, nobody has given me any money yet, so once they arrive, ill post a picture, and they will be sold first come first serve. After 10, i don't plan on ordering any more. Since I'm laying out all the funds up front i'll take a more thorough evaluation of the final cost when they arrive. I hope to keep it below $40 but i need to see exactly what the nuts/bolts/shipping will come to. I may just leave it up to you to get the hardware.

Lawless, pop the hood, use the measurements on the first posting here to measure up the compartment to see if it will fit for you. I know some models have a brake fluid cap or something over on that side, so be sure to check.

16. Aug 30, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    lawless

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    looks to be the same holes on my girl:

IMG_20120830_074415_fa9e285880bfe6534c86a094bb42fab2f4b9bf29.jpg

17. Aug 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    So $40 shipped?

18. Aug 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Rakso- yea, $40 not sure if I'm still going to include Nuts/bolts though, we'll see when I get the brackets in.

Lawless - the holes should be 3" apart on center. Looks like it will be the same though!

19. Aug 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    lawless

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    will there be room on this to mount a circuit breaker?

20. Aug 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Lawless - The measurements are in the first post, the top of the bracket is 6.5x8.5'' so you'll need to look at your fuse block and circuit breaker and decide if they will fit in that space. From what i have seen for circuit breakers from bluesea you will need to cut out a square from the bracket to drop it in. Pretty simple with aluminum, just drill 4 corner holes and use a metal saw to cut the lines between them. Use a file to clean up the edges until it looks like a pretty square that will fit your circuit breaker.

Products Discussed in

To Top