Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Looking for a brush gaurd

Old 09-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
evan164 is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a brush gaurd

I want a brush gaurd for my 05, preferably one with a winch mount. I did a search for brush gaurd and all the ones I found on here have already sold. If you're selling one or know of someone that is I am interested.

I don't want a full bumper replacement, just the brush gaurd.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Can't do a winch with a brush guard
Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Can't do a winch with a brush guard
There is one that claims to support a winch. I'll see if I can find a link but generally, you are correct. Brush guards usually thin walled metal weakly attached to the frame and won't take the forces of winching.

You're better off getting a front mount receiver and a standard brush guard if you want the look of the full guard.

Edit: Warn makes a brush guard with a winch mount. I'm not sure if it's available for a Tacoma but worth looking into.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
As soon as you mentioned warn I remembered that they do infact make one that supports a winch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
There is one that claims to support a winch. I'll see if I can find a link but generally, you are correct. Brush guards usually thin walled metal weakly attached to the frame and won't take the forces of winching.

You're better off getting a front mount receiver and a standard brush guard if you want the look of the full guard.

Edit: Warn makes a brush guard with a winch mount. I'm not sure if it's available for a Tacoma but worth looking into.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-s...r_tacoma.shtml
Old 09-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
That's the one! I don't think I've ever seen one for sale on here though... most people here seem to go the aftermarket plate bumper route. I've got a basic brush guard for sale, just not one build to hold a winch. See my sig VVV
Old 09-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
evan164 is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I found the warn system. I thought they only made this for full size trucks, but this might work
http://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-s...07tacoma.shtml
Old 09-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's the one! I don't think I've ever seen one for sale on here though... most people here seem to go the aftermarket plate bumper route. I've got a basic brush guard for sale, just not one build to hold a winch. See my sig VVV
Ya it usually just makes more financial sence to go the plate bumper route