Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Corbeau Sport Seats w/ Mounting Brackets for 2nd Gen. Tacoma $500

Old 09-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
ready2dodamage is a jewel in the roughready2dodamage is a jewel in the roughready2dodamage is a jewel in the roughready2dodamage is a jewel in the rough
Name: Shawn
ready2dodamage's Tacoma Gallery
Corbeau Sport Seats w/ Mounting Brackets for 2nd Gen. Tacoma $500

I purchased these Corbeau Sport Seats (black cloth) and mounting brackets in July, in the midst of a fit-of-rage with the bench seat in my new Tacoma.

After disassembling my cab, installing one seat and attempting to solve the myriad of seat sensor + airbag wiring issues I decided against proceeding with the installation.

Unfortunately, in order to process a return the Corbeau dealers would like me to pay for the original shipping costs + return shipping AND a 15% restocking fee. Woa

It's a good deal for someone who is willing to live with the airbag light and/or has the time to install. I just started grad school and don't have time/patience. Seats should fit any tacoma, brackets are for 2005-2012

I paid $810 for everything ($299.00-per seat; $105.00-per bracket) Looking for $500.

One of the plastic end caps (interior side of divers seat) is missing (photo 3). It covers the metal frame on the bottom edge of the seat, essentially where the recliner handle would be if, it was on that side. I was looking for it during assembly and managed to step on it and crack it.

Shipping is very expensive, local sale only. I'm located in Tennessee, however, the seats are located at my Dad's place in Worcester, MA.

Reply or shoot me an email with questions: donovan dot shawnm at gmail dot com

Old 09-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Nice seats man, good deal for someone. Just a thought, if you went OEM, You could've got the airbag system working with the seats.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
SOOO these will or wont work with our sensors? What are we talking about here for installation?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
you would need some way to bypass the airbag signal coming from the seat other than that it would be a direct bolt on,

nice seats if i had the money i would buy them
Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
ready2dodamage is a jewel in the roughready2dodamage is a jewel in the roughready2dodamage is a jewel in the roughready2dodamage is a jewel in the rough
Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response. Swamped with homework last night.

It's my understanding that to install without tripping the airbag light on the dash, you'd need to mount the bench seat sensors + harness to the bucket seats or find an OEM bucket seat harness.

I know thats probably not very helpful...however, I posted photos (below) that I took of the underside of the bench seat when I removed it. There's a seat occupancy sensor on the passenger side (bladder filled with fluid) and seat position sensors on the rails.

Also, here's some info that could prove helpful:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...t-buckets.html

Photos:

Old 09-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
No takers?

Let me add that in December I'll be traveling from MA to TN, so if someone is located along the way I'd be willing to deliver.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
hilux30 will become famous soon enoughhilux30 will become famous soon enough

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the market for that seat, but in silver and just one... leaving pass side alone just for safety reasons.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilux30 View Post
I am in the market for that seat, but in silver and just one... leaving pass side alone just for safety reasons.
I'll throw in a can of gray spray paint, on the house
Old 09-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
wtmtntaco is on a distinguished road

wtmtntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I could be interested in the seats but I have a 1st gen, how likely is it that I could swap brackets with the dealer, they probably would cost less to ship/exchange, let me know if its a possibility or PM me the dealer and I'll ask... I live in NH near I-91 so pick up is not a problem. Thanks,
Old 09-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
I would say about 0% likely that the dealer I used would swap the brackets.

When I initially asked (the dealer) about returning the brackets the dealer refused to accept a return. I took up the issue with Corbeau directly, which led to the dealer offering to accept the return on the conditions that I pay the original shipping cost, plus return shipping, plus a 15% 'restocking' fee.

I'd be willing to sell you just the seats. PM or email: donovan (dot) shawnm at g-mail (dot) com
Old 09-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
wtmtntaco is on a distinguished road

wtmtntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, thanks, looks like I'd really want to deal with this company, huh? I think I might wait and get the GTSII in gray to match my interior, if I change my mind I'll pm ya,
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
Alright, let's open this up.

Reasonable best offers.

Send 'em in!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #13
SNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really nice
SNIPES's Tacoma Gallery
Picked them up yesterday

Thanks for a great deal!!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
Finally back from school. Brackets are still available for sale. Anybody interested?

Willing to meet/deliver within reasonable distance of Worcester, MA.

Also, traveling to North Carolina and then Tennessee in early August, could meet someone along I-95 or I-40.