Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Overhead compass Temperature console $281 shipped from 2011 (fits 09-11)

Old 09-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
Overhead compass Temperature console $281 shipped from 2011 (fits 09-11)

Hi, I bought this about six weeks ago for a fantastic deal on eBay. These are very rare because the 09-11 TRD console used are just not out there. (you'll wait years to find one). Anyway I bought this with the intention of installing in my 2011 (especially since it came from a 2011) but discovered it will only work with 6 cylinders, heres the post of my learning curve http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...-possible.html.

If you have a 6 cylinder 2009-2011 (maybe '12 but not certain) this may be for you. Selling for $281 shipped to your door, continental united states only, that's what I got into it, 257 + 10 PayPal + shipping 14.00 with tracking. Seen these sell for 450. I watched for this for over a year, so was happy to grab it fast.

The unit is very clean non smoker and comes from low mileage 2011, previous owner had hail damage nd shop tech were removing headliner and one of them didnt know that one screw dropped the unit so tried to use a dash spoon trim tool to pop off outer ring and left some tiny marks. The owner didnt think it looked bad but since it was a brand new truck they agreed to order the new one, nobody knew it was a $900 part. I'm very particular and was unsure how it would look but I was pleasently surprised, once I had it in my hands, nobody would notice, seller was just honest so I wanted to pass that along... Actually, I'll find the eBay link where he has some close zoomed in on the marks. I was very happy when it arrived, just learned its a no-go in the 2.7 trucks.

If you have a 2009-2011 non trd truck this will be a simple mod,.

Oh and the price is $281 FIRM, I'm in no hurry to sell, if somebody can figure it out in the 4 cylinder I'll keep it.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
litegide24- this avil831 from TN. that sucks that you couldn't find a way to install this console on your 2.7. it should get a lot of interest since it is a hot item. GLWS bro
Old 09-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
Hi Avil,

Yeah that old have been cool, but hey we had fun tossing the topic round. If it ever gets figured out I'll move on it again. The new '12 mirror (w/backup camera, temp and compass) is also pretty neat, although w/no temp display not interested.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
So I don't get it. Why doesn't it work in the pre wired 2009+ tacos? Mine has the plug and the thermostat
You are right and not alone, i dont get it, i dont think anyone gets it...

Your truck indeed has the harness but will not work in your 4 cylinder, looks like its plug and play but it's not, only works for 6 cylinder vehicles. The original description that i posted has a link that details and confirms your harness wiring. Your AC amplifier puts out a different signal than the V6.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
PATMANG is on a distinguished road
PATMANG's Tacoma Gallery
Just PM'd - Let me know...

Patmang.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
So I don't get it. Why doesn't it work in the pre wired 2009+ tacos? Mine has the plug and the thermostat
like litegide24 said, some how the 2.7L is different from the 4.0L when it comes to sending temperature from the AC amplifier. I still don't kind of get it myself, when to me the only difference is the engine. maybe it's wired differently, I don't know It was a lot more easier with the 05-08 Tacoma. Some how Toyota changed this with 09-plus.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
PATMANG's Tacoma Gallery
I'll buy it if & when you're ready...definite sell...but if you can get it to work...good for you!

Thanks Again!
patmang.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
like litegide24 said, some how the 2.7L is different from the 4.0L when it comes to sending temperature from the AC amplifier. I still don't kind of get it myself, when to me the only difference is the engine. maybe it's wired differently, I don't know It was a lot more easier with the 05-08 Tacoma. Some how Toyota changed this with 09-plus.
Sorry to hijack, but I think it's the same for the 05-08's. My truck is a prerunner 4 cyl, and I don't have the wiring for the console in the fuse box. I'm not sure if it's because of the amplifier though.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
PATMANG's Tacoma Gallery
Payment sent...Check email.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATMANG View Post
Payment sent...Check email.
Thanks Pat!

It will ship tomorrow US Priority mail (w/tracking).