1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 6cyl a/c burnout

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by maggdog, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Sep 29, 2012 at 3:05 AM
    maggdog

maggdog [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karen
    WMass
    Vehicle:
    05 trd 6-speed
    Anyone have or know where I can get a/c clutch and condenser? I got the blinking a/c light and burning yesterday. Just bought the truck two weeks ago from a private seller. I see posts about the 2005 and a/c burning up. Anyone know of a recall or anything? Thanks

2. Sep 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    docbrown

docbrown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    Is it just the light blinking or do you actually have smoke/burning smell from the compressor? If it is just the light blinking, it could just be your relay. IIRC, there are a couple of other systems that use the same relay. You could swap them and see if the issue goes away. If it does, then just buy a replacement relay. Try that first before you start spending money on a condenser or parts for the compressor.

Products Discussed in

To Top