Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Feeler: Custom Emblem design

View Poll Results: Would you want this design on your truck?
Yes 69 65.71%
No 36 34.29%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

MetalMiller's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler: Custom Emblem design

I'm playing around with the idea of stocking some emblems to reduce turn around times. I have a design that's been pretty popular on Tundras. Any interest in a similar design for the Tacos? If it becomes a stock design I can knock off a little chunk of the cost.

These are made of either 1/4 aluminum or 1/4 carbon steel depending on if you would like polish or powdercoat. It's a very solid piece.

Here are some pics

UPDATE: When I get 10 orders I can sell these for 70 bucks plus shipping (10 extra if you would like a polished mirror finish. The price includes a powdercoat finish of your choice. Just let me know what finish you would like and I'll add you to the list. I will send out ordering info when we get a little closer to 10. Let me know if you have any questions!

Order list for first batch:

1- Dave M- Silver Powdercoat 2012
2- 08FireRescueTaco - Flat Black
3- Northshore- White Powdercoat 2007
4- Wir3d- Flat black 2006
5- Datsik- Gloss Black Powdercoat/ flat black backplate 2012
6- JPC2061- Flat Black
7- Overland Hadley- Aluminum Non mirror- 2011
8- CopyTaco- Flat black- 2010
9-
10-
Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I like it but I would only pay your old prices
Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
seric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
seric007's Tacoma Gallery
eeek 120 for emblem? Little steep.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
FF4RC5
08FireRescueTaco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer FireFighter
Name: Hunter
08FireRescueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I love it but for not for $120.......Maby 50-70
Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
120!?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work from this cat.... Mine is almost 2 years old and looks new
Old 10-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #8
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to agree with the others. Hate to bash but if that price was cut in half I'd consider it. At that price, it better be strong enough to act as a bottle opener lol.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #9
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
barker14's Tacoma Gallery
Why are you making them so thick? You could use 3/16 or 11 gage or even thinner for an emblem and it would be more than strong enough. That would cut costs down on your side for sure. If people wanted them to stick out the 1/4" you could always make up an optional spacer to go behind. I also don't see a price listed but you will do much better if they are 50-60 instead of 120 a piece.

It is a cool design. Glws
Old 10-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #10
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If I am right they were 75 + shipping 2 years ago, Other then our wages what has not gone up??? OP you were in Shreveport La. back then?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

Thanks for all of the feedback! I definately have room to work with pricing if I can order a decent quantity of these. My normal pricing is due to the fact that most of my emblems are custom pieces that require a lot of attention and design work. As far as material thickness, it's just my go to material for anything with grinding. I can make it a little thinner if you guys think it will look better. That factor really wont affect cost too much because my main expense is machine time. Cutting 1/16 less thick material wont really increase my production speed. My first few pieces that I made were actually made out of 3/8 carbon steel, you pretty much could use them as weapons!

I'll see what kind of pricing deal I can work up with my vendors if I order large quantities.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
If I am right they were 75 + shipping 2 years ago, Other then our wages what has not gone up??? OP you were in Shreveport La. back then?
I moved back to Shreveport about a year and a half ago. I was living in Houston when I first started playing around with these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Cruiser View Post
Sorry to agree with the others. Hate to bash but if that price was cut in half I'd consider it. At that price, it better be strong enough to act as a bottle opener lol.
-Emblem that can be used as a bottle opener..... genius!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
I moved back to Shreveport about a year and a half ago. I was living in Houston when I first started playing around with these.

I saved the little box for a long time that had the S'port PO mark on.. I was born on Barksdale AFB
Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
-Emblem that can be used as a bottle opener..... genius!
Haha. Like I said man, if the price was lower and if it's strong enough to open a cold one, I'd be on it! One that'll fit a '12 model.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
120 is a lot but the point of this thread is to see if the gen pop likes these emblems and I say yes. Good looking work man. Hope to see these on some tacos soon
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea that's really expensive for a chunk of metal... I'd rather it were plastic and cheap than metal and expensive, no need for a super strong emblem..
Old 10-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
FF4RC5
08FireRescueTaco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer FireFighter
Name: Hunter
08FireRescueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think thinner would b better and I'd deff buy one!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #18
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I like the design. Wouldn't spend that much on an emblem though.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #20
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
if you made a black one i would buy it
x2 - $60 = me buy