Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: FX-R / Mini RETROFITS and BHLM (NO DOWN TIME!)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
Master Retrofitter @RECHELON/AESTHETICS
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Burt
ambiguous's Tacoma Gallery
FS: FX-R / Mini RETROFITS and BHLM (NO DOWN TIME!)

GROUPBUY #2 STARTED!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...nuary-2-a.html

A few more pictures for you guys to enjoy.

Empty shop (no longer so empty)

OEM goodness

4' x 8' oak top work bench. Looking forward to staining this baby!

GROUPBUY GOING DOWN! LIMITED TIME! http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ices-year.html

NEW SHOP!

UPDATE: 11/17/2014

Big news coming soon! Be on the look out for a new thread.

FYI I am now doing this full time! I'm looking to fill slots for the first week of December. Delivery by December 7. Get your retrofit in time for Christmas!

UPDATE: 7/18/2014
I will be revamping the core exchange process. I've gotten too many headlight cores back in poor condition or ones that have been damaged during removal.

I will be selling complete sets from now on only. Headlight buy back will depend on condition. Anything with scratches or damage of any kind will not be accepted.

Here is the best part for you guys with 2012-2013 headlights that don't want any downtime, I always have a set of like new OEM 2012-2013 headlights I use as a core to start. That means you will not need to have your truck down for 3-4 days while waiting for a retrofit to get done. When you receive your retrofit, you return your untouched OEM headlights back to me. You are responsible for shipping both ways. Any questions, feel free to ask further.

2005-2011 guys, same applies to you!

If you are local, you can choose to bring me your OEM lights and you can use a set I have as spares. Up to you.

If you want new headlights, I can supply those as well. Pricing below.

I am an authorized TRS distributor and I purchase all my parts from them direct. All warranties apply same as if you purchased from them directly. (5 year warranty)

1) FX-R stage 3 retrofit = $630
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=141
2) Morimoto Mini D2S or H1 Stage 3 retrofit = $550

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=237
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227

What's Included?
1) FX-R or Mini Projectors
2) Morimoto 3Five Ballasts (50W ballasts available + $5)
3) Morimoto 3Five Bulbs (color of your choice) - Phillips or Osram bulbs available for extra.
4) Wiring Harness for plug and play (no cutting of your OEM harness)
5) Shrouds (of your choice)
6) BHLM (painting)

Optional
1) LED angel eyes (+$110 installed)
2) brand new OEM headlights 2012-2013 ($520)
3) brand new aftermarket OEM headlights 2005-2011 ($120)
4) brand new OEM headlights 2005-2011 ($450)

All headlights are sealed using existing gray butyl rubber + additional OEM Koito gray butyl where needed. This gives the cleanest look. No black window weld here.

Datsik's retrofit.

Installed

Tested on my bench tester before closing...

Ultra flat black bowls.

LED Angel Eyes installed on shrouds. Mounted with 3M double sided tape and clear lines in 3 places for security.

Shroud and bezel painted satin black.

RAD

FAQ

Q. Is there a warranty?

A. Yes. I offer a six month warranty on workmanship. TRS components follow the TRS warranty period. For example, 5Five Ballasts carry a 24 month warranty. 3Five ballasts carry a 60 month warranty. Etc... No hassle warranty. Shipping cost will be taken care of by TRS for U.S. transactions. For owners outside the U.S., you will be responsible for the shipping cost per TRS.

The cost of shipping the headlight(s) to to me is the original owner's responsibility. I will be responsible for the cost of returning the warrantied headlight(s) to the original owner within the U.S. Sorry, if you are outside the U.S., you pay shipping both ways. This warranty is NOT transferrable. Any modifications and/or tampering of headlights will void the warranty.

Q. How hard is it to install the headlights and wire harness once I receive them?

A. If you have a slight bit of mechanical skills, then the installation will not be difficult. The wire harness is plug 'n play, no splicing of the OEM harness is required (unless your lights are equipped with LED Angel Eyes). The new, retrofitted headlight bolts up the same way your old one was removed. Wire harness instructions are included with your shipped headlights as well as online.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pdf...%20Harness.pdf

The OEM headlight aiming mechanism remains fully functional. After your retrofitted headlights are installed, some fine tuning will be required utilizing the OEM adjusters. Fine tuning is defined as matching both the left and right cut-off so that they are level with each other. As a rule of thumb, I recommend aligning the height of the cut-off to be horizontal with the upper trunk line of the average sedan.

Q. Where can I learn more about retrofitting, projectors and HID bulbs?

A. The Retrofit Source (TRS) has a tremendous amount of online material to enhance your retrofitting knowledge.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs_tech.php

Q. What's the difference between the bulb colors?

A. Kelvin Ratings: 3000K - Has a golden yellow output perfect for use in fog lights. The yellow light penetrates through snow, rain, and fog more effectively than white or blue light. 4300K - Has a slightly off-white output similar to that of sunlight. Most cars that come equipped with HID headlights from the factory use 4300K bulbs. If you want the most usable light, 4300K is the Kelvin rating for you. 5000K - A pure white output, no tinge of yellow, and no tinge of blue. 6000K+ As you move into the higher kelvin ratings, your light output will appear more bluish-purple in hue, but the bulbs won't be physically as bright. I do not offer 6000k bulbs. As HID bulbs age, they go through what is known as "color-shift". When the bulbs are brand new, the output is whitish-yellow and as physically bright as it will ever be. As the bulbs age with use, their output turns more pure white/bluish and also starts to dim a bit. That's why cars with factory 4300K bulbs that are 5+ years old look like they're running 5000K or higher bulbs.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. Good luck. If I get an extra couple of bills they will come your way.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm those headlights look familiar... Most impressive product, great attention to detail and meticulous workmanship. I'm very particular when it comes to modifying my truck and these are outstanding; nothing but thumbs up. The sale and install was expeditious which made my life simple.

+REP for sure
Old 11-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsik View Post
Hmm those headlights look familiar... Most impressive product, great attention to detail and meticulous workmanship. I'm very particular when it comes to modifying my truck and these are outstanding; nothing but thumbs up. The sale and install was expeditious which made my life simple.

+REP for sure
Great meeting you brother! I'll have those 4300k bulbs ordered first thing in the morning. Post pics of your truck!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
Midship909 is on a distinguished road

Midship909's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Midship909
I was looking exactly for this I guess my suspension will have to wait
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible for me to keep my original headlights, in case I want to switch? They look very nice btw.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #10
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 11-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
Is it possible for me to keep my original headlights, in case I want to switch? They look very nice btw.
Yes completely possible. TYC (aftermarket OEM) style lights are $300 a set.
OEM Toyota lights are $500 a set. It can get pricey for a full set of brand new lights but it's worth it when you see the output.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #12
selftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
selftaughtguru's Tacoma Gallery
As soon as I rack up a little OT I'll be getting a set for sure.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh...my...god!!!

Subb'd

Old 11-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
So it is $600 if we send you our headlights, but $1100 if you get a new set of OEM?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #15

Yes. Brand new OEM headlights are $500 from the dealership. Not cheap at all.

I could source a used set for 2005-2011 for $80 locally that are in excellent condition.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #18
T1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
T1no33's Tacoma Gallery
My apologies for sounding stupid here but how do the retro lights compare to the standard OEMs? Are they brighter? Does the BHLM affect the effectiveness of the headlights?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1no33 View Post
My apologies for sounding stupid here but how do the retro lights compare to the standard OEMs? Are they brighter? Does the BHLM affect the effectiveness of the headlights?
No stupid questions here. The retrofit lights are far superior to OEM halogen lights. Think OEM BMW or Audi headlights with regard to how bright they are. Intense, white light with a nice clean cutoff and no glare.

As for BHLM, it won't affect output at all. It's all for looks.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #20
meshsochi is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
meshsochi's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

Products Discussed in this Thread