Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FT: 2012 TRD off road CHROME grille and rear bumper for BLACK ones

Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
DannyD is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
FT: 2012 TRD off road CHROME grille and rear bumper for BLACK ones

Pretty strait forward, trd off roads come chrome, trd sport come matching to the paint. Both look good, just personal preference. My trucks black. Without inspecting the parts id say there in mint shape. Possibly some very small nicks Ive never notices from typical use. 9000km on the truck. Your parts would need to be the same mint/near mint conidition.

I live in Surrey, British Columbia. Regarding how we take the parts off, I havent looked yet but I imagine the bumpers are a couple bolts. Grilles might be a little more involved but I bet theres a DIY here somewhere. I can get some specific pictures of the front and back if you want but heres some I had already.

And then heres what im looking for

pm or email dandekker1986@gmail.com
Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Hawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Hawksdenn2's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with that, you have a better chance of seeing a leprechaun riding a unicorn, lol. Not being mean. Just very, very rare.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Save time and hassle and just spray the rear bumper with plasti cote spray paint, right on top of your chrome, peel it off later if your bored. I have had mine sprayed for 4 months, I surf daily and take my dog to dog beach daily, no issues with it at all.

Spray the front grill with fusion paint, they have flat,semi,gloss in black, sand the chrome plastic pieces and clean with alcohol or equiv and follow can directions do the chrome logo too.

Unicorns are very rare.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
If your looking for exact color match to your paint, take the parts off and have somebody spray them for you, the chrome rear bumper would need to be media blasted prior to paint or powder coat.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Save time and hassle and just spray the rear bumper with plasti cote spray paint, right on top of your chrome, peel it off later if your bored. I have had mine sprayed for 4 months, I surf daily and take my dog to dog beach daily, no issues with it at all.

Spray the front grill with fusion paint, they have flat,semi,gloss in black, sand the chrome plastic pieces and clean with alcohol or equiv and follow can directions do the chrome logo too.

Unicorns are very rare.
unicorns? lol what

Im not goona go the painted route untill mid summer maybe. The chrome doesnt bother me just wish they were black. Worth having the thread out there just incase somebody wants a chrome package on there tacoma.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Keep your hopes up its possible lol, check it out http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post5676304 and that is someone who wanted to trade their chrome grill for a factory painted silver one, i feel like that would be harder to find than black.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
Just realized theres a Canada specific buy/sell section. If a mod can move this that'd be helpfull. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
Im in central tx and am looking for the same thing
sounds like you guys shoulve gone with the sport tacos. fake hood scoops too? hahaha.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
Off road was definitely the way to go. I think toyota just screwed up, the chrome should have went on the sport model lol

Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #11
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=DannyD;6071419]the chrome should have went on the sport model lol
/QUOTE]

I agree.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #12
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Woh accidentally deleted the "[" from the end quote. They should really add the edit button on the mobile site lol