Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

ARB Rear Third with 4.56 Gears

Old 12-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Rear Third with 4.56 Gears

Allright there were alot of people who asked about my rear diff when I sold the front one.

Well the wait is over..the rear third is now out of the truck and ready for its new home! There is just under 10k on this setup which is from my 2005 Tacoma TRD Sport. Fluid drained clean and free of any trace of contaminant/debris.

Includes ECGS built diff/3rd member with 4.56 nitro gears, solid pinion spacer, air line, solenoid valve, and switch. Plus you get to keep your old diff to sell and recoup some money, so thats a big plus for those who have 4.56's already.

The ECGS price on this exact setup is $1520 + $275 core charge + shipping both ways.

I will sell mine for $1100 OBO + actual shipping. I guessed at shipping on the last one and lost pretty big.

Shipping for the front was $96 at UPS all the way to Cali from Indiana, so you may save some there as well. Plus the rear is a little smaller and lighter than the front.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nope still got it and shafts
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Hmm I'm wondering if it's worth the swap from my e-locker to the 8.4"...how much were you looking for the whole assembly 3rd member and housing? Did the 05s have ABS? (i.e. a direct swap to mine)
I'll throw the housing in for shipping...only I would have to find another way to support the rear of the truck as its on jackstands on the housing now.

I only have access to the truck for a few more days...long story. So if you want it I need to know.

And yeah 05's had ABS. Shafts should swap over since mine has no backing plates bc I had discs.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
Dromlace is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Dromlace's Tacoma Gallery
good luck with the sale. one of my fav trucks on here.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, let me run some numbers and see but I'm def interested. I'm tired of carrying around an extra e-locker 3rd member every time I go wheeling. Any way you could get me an estimate on the shipping to NJ, 08094?
Third will be less than $100...no clue on the housing. I do have a pallet at the house I could maybe put them on, but I dont know how/if UPS can pick up a pallet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromlace View Post
good luck with the sale. one of my fav trucks on here.
Thanks!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Third will be less than $100...no clue on the housing. I do have a pallet at the house I could maybe put them on, but I dont know how/if UPS can pick up a pallet???

Thanks!
fastenal or some other freight shipping
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Evening bump
Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #8
puppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: al
puppytruk's Tacoma Gallery
Is this compatible w/ the stock 2.7 axle ? If so what other components are necessary... install kit ? I could pick up this weekend if this is compatible.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
fastenal or some other freight shipping
FreightQuote.com kicks ass for this stuff.

To really keep shipping costs low, drop off/pick up at distribution centers of whatever carrier you choose to go with. The site will give you comparative pricing across multiple carriers.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
What's wrong bro, DERPes flaring up?
Turd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Hull Technician 2nd Class
Name: Big Jim
Turd Herding Jim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppytruk View Post
Is this compatible w/ the stock 2.7 axle ? If so what other components are necessary... install kit ? I could pick up this weekend if this is compatible.
If you don't have an e locker then yes.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No install kit is necessary. Everything needed for installation is included, the solenoid valve, air line, switch, and locker installed in third member. You will need a source of compressed air if you dont have that already. Any cheap compressor combined with a pressure switch can accomplish this, or ARB sells a mini compressor arrangment especially for their lockers.

What are the details on you truck and I will check for compatability> Year?Model? 4x4?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
puppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuppytruk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: al
puppytruk's Tacoma Gallery
08 2.7 litre, 4x4, 5 sp manual, open diff access cab, i know i would have to pick up 4.56 for the front thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
08 2.7 litre, 4x4, 5 sp manual, open diff access cab, i know i would have to pick up 4.56 for the front thanks
if you do get it, i'm sure there are some guys around that would like to get your 4.10s off you....
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, let me run some numbers and see but I'm def interested. I'm tired of carrying around an extra e-locker 3rd member every time I go wheeling. Any way you could get me an estimate on the shipping to NJ, 08094?
LOL you'll have to keep me in mind for that spare 3rd. You should get this though.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes it will work for your application

Someone buy this at 27% off new retail price lol!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #18
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
damn i wish it wasnt christmas i would be all over this
Use cc through paypal...lol
Old 12-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #19
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
how would this work with my 2011 sport 4.0 4x4 auto?? im needing some lower gears terribly with these 35's
Old 12-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #20
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM en route
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFD2005 View Post
how would this work with my 2011 sport 4.0 4x4 auto?? im needing some lower gears terribly with these 35's
It would work perfectly. Except you would need to put 4.56's in the front diff before using 4wd again. But 4.56 and 35s is a darn good combo.