LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Donahoe/Icon Coilovers

Old 12-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
tacoff is on a distinguished road
Name: Frankie
tacoff's Tacoma Gallery
Donahoe/Icon Coilovers

Purchased in 08 for my 2007 TRD Doublecab. I now run an Icon suspension in the front and rear. Rebuilding them is needed however I was told this can be done and inexspensive through Icon. Im looking for $ 450 OBO
Attached Thumbnails
Donahoe/Icon Coilovers-img_20121206_122953.jpg   Donahoe/Icon Coilovers-img_20121206_124326.jpg   Donahoe/Icon Coilovers-img_20121206_124347.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Did you upgrade to front reservoir?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
tacoff's Tacoma Gallery
front reservoir

I didn't only because I put that extra money into new tires and wheels. I will eventually upgrade and add on the Resi if possible
Old 12-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
You said that you upgraded to Icons. But you are selling original Icons
Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
tooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooblutacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kellon
tooblutacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You said that you upgraded to Icons. But you are selling original Icons
Icon bought Donahoe Racing...these are pre-Icons
Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
tacoff's Tacoma Gallery
Originally Donahoe Racing

These were made before Icon took over Donahoe Racing and by upgrade I also meant putting on shocks with the resi in the rear as well as being brand new. Sorry for the confusion
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Infamous Coating is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Infamous Coating's Tacoma Gallery
Sent PM
Old 12-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
hilux30 will become famous soon enoughhilux30 will become famous soon enough

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
You should offer to rebuild them if seller pays for it, they're right by you in Tempe (ICON)... I've had DR's for the past 3 years, excellent C/O...
Old 12-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Infamous Coating is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Infamous Coating's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilux30 View Post
You should offer to rebuild them if seller pays for it, they're right by you in Tempe (ICON)... I've had DR's for the past 3 years, excellent C/O...
I don't think ICON is in Tempe, AZ That would be nice though!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
hilux30 will become famous soon enoughhilux30 will become famous soon enough

hilux30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Coating View Post
I don't think ICON is in Tempe, AZ That would be nice though!
I'm sorry, the shop is called SDHQ http://sdhqoffroad.com/ and they are at
1720 W. Elliot RD
Suite 101
Gilbert, AZ 85233

not Tempe. I come to Scottsdale few times a year (own business there) but the last time I drove my Tacoma, spent a few weeks off roading/working and had them rebuild my DR C/O...
Old 12-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Why would he re-build them before selling? New owner can decide if they want to tackle it themselves or shell out $200 to have Icon do it and/or add resi's!

That's a great price even after you consider a re-build!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #14

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenc87 View Post
So is it $200 to add the ext res on the coil overs?
No $200 for the rebuild. I've been talking to Icon about what adding a remote resi cost
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Found a thread. $225 each side to Resi. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...oil-overs.html Making them extended versions is free though if they are already rebuilding them.

BTW, I have 1st Gen Donahoe's and they are awesome! The next owner will be very happy.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #17

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenc87 View Post
Did they give you a $$ amount to add the ext res?
He's getting me numbers tomorrow
Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #18
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Hell ya, good shocks! DR ran them for 100k miles thru baja without a re-build!

I've heard it's $125 per side for resi!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #19
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
We can rebuild them, it would not be a bad idea since they have been sitting for so long. For the Resi Conversion, we would just send it back to Icon to do it so they can adjust the valving if needed as well to their specs. But if you just want a rebuild your looking at $120-$150 per shock . That includes Rebuild kits, oil and nitrogen. Usually a 2-day turn around or less depending on how busy they are.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
We can rebuild them, it would not be a bad idea since they have been sitting for so long. For the Resi Conversion, we would just send it back to Icon to do it so they can adjust the valving if needed as well to their specs. But if you just want a rebuild your looking at $120-$150 per shock . That includes Rebuild kits, oil and nitrogen. Usually a 2-day turn around or less depending on how busy they are.
Thanks for the info. Something for me to consider. For now mine are still good. I will consider it though.