1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site
  1. Dec 13, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    ST3VE

ST3VE IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    If you are serious then that is not right to say something like that.

2. Dec 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Are you kidding me?? Did you really just randomly accuse the dude of stealing a winch? Unless you've got proof, you have gone WAY out on a limb here.

3. Dec 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    Do you have pics of the controller?

4. Dec 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    Just asking a question...not meaning to offend.

5. Dec 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    Still an offensive question.

6. Dec 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    hetkind

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    How about if we see if the seller has the controller, owner manual and the rest of the stuff a new winch comes with...I can get a winch off a jeep, in a parking lot, with nothing more than a 9/16 wrench for the mounting bolts in under 30 seconds. Popping the hood to remove the cables off the battery with a 10mm on one side and a 12mm on the other is a few more seconds.

I know, I have installed them during blizzards, pulled to repair numerous times and KNOW just how easy they are to take on and off.

I am NOT saying this winch might not have proper documentation, but the question has to be asked as to avoid "knowingly receiving stolen property".

Do me favor, watch Pawn Stars and see that EVERY customer is asked about the origin of the item and possible paperwork to verify.

A prudent man does NOT find himself answering questions in a brightly lit room at the police station.

And the winch on my Jeep, installed three years ago, all the original paperwork, receipt, credit card purchase copy, owners manual, controller are ALL readily available.

Howard

7. Dec 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    ^^^^^^^^^
    i agree, lets see the rest of the stuff

8. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    stephen11ty7

stephen11ty7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Villa Park
    Vehicle:
    07 white taco
    Total Chaos 2" LT, Icon coilovers
    Pretty rude question considering someone could have died in the accident that led to the sale of this winch, parents hit a tree, taking out the side of the jeep. totaling the car, winch was fine because of its position centered in the bumper, Ill take a picture of the original manual tomorrow if I can find it, receipt is non existent, seeing as the winch came on the car. Thankyou for thread jacking me, and being very rude.

9. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    How about you ask him for those items instead of mentioning how easy if is to swipe one and that his winch mighta been lifted...insinuating it is stolen is rude.
    And do the rest of us a favor and don 't use "reality" TV as a source ...

10. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    NPB

NPB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Trabuco Canyon , CA
    Vehicle:
    FJ
    I can vouch for Stephen. This winch was NOT stolen.

11. Dec 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    That was my thought exactly. Why buy it when a 9/16 wrench can snatch just as easily.

12. Dec 14, 2012 at 4:19 AM
    hetkind

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    Sorry to hear about the terrible accident totaling the Jeep...now the story makes sense.

Howard

13. Dec 14, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    stephen11ty7

stephen11ty7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Villa Park
    Vehicle:
    07 white taco
    Total Chaos 2" LT, Icon coilovers
    The apology is appreciated!

Winch has a buyer and is going to be considered sold as of now.

Products Discussed in

To Top