Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: OEM Head Unit Plastidipped Black (6dsc Changer non-JBL XM Ready)

Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
**SOLD** OEM Head Unit Plastidipped Black (6dsc Changer non-JBL XM Ready)

**SOLD**

Offered here is an OEM head unit removed from a 2010 Tacoma with about 25k miles on the odometer. It's lived it's life in a garage (aside from when putting the 25k miles on it of course ) and has no problems at all. I took it apart to clean and plastidipped the face plate because I like the black look better. If you're not familiar with Plastidip it's a rubberized spray that when applied gives you a rich flat black look. The best part of it is that it's easily removable in a matter of seconds. You just get a corner and peel it up and it comes right off, usually in a single solid sheet. The surface underneath is just as it was before it was applied. If you get yourself a $5 can of this stuff you can easily and quickly do your HVAC controls and center console to have a black center stack. The head unit is the difficult part because you have to take it apart to get the face plate off and an attention to detail and experience goes a long ways to make sure it's done properly. It's a time consuming process to do properly so save yourself some time by buying this one.

Other than that, it's pretty much just like all the other OEM head units for sale. If you decide you want it to look like all the others you can simply peel off the black coating. The pictures show that it works fine and lights up and what not. Not the best of pictures but I just wanted to take a picture before I removed it proving that it worked. I'll take $**SOLD** and I'll throw in FREE SHIPPING to the continental US!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Will it fit a 2006? If so, I am interested.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC, the connections changed in 2009. Pics of back of unit?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
IIRC, the connections changed in 2009. Pics of back of unit?
Really? I was under the assumption that it would work with all 2005-2011 trucks w/o the JBL sound system.

As requested, picture of the back added to the OP.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, here's pic of back of a 2011 non-JBL........positioning different but plugs look same. Maybe it was the JBL units that changed. My bad. GLWS...........

Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Here's pic of back of an 08 single non-JBL........positioning different but plugs look same. Maybe it was the JBL units that changed.....or wiring changed in 2010. GLWS

The plugs are in a different location but the same harnesses so they should work across the board. The difference is going to be the JBL units which use an external amp and/or different wiring and such. Pretty common among automobile manufacturers and their base and premium sound systems. The premium ones are always proprietary and more difficult to work with down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
Will it fit a 2006? If so, I am interested.
...so to answer your question: yes, it should fit just fine.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thought I had seen thread somewhere that even the non-JBL's had changed somewhere down the road, sorry for threadjack & nice job on the plastdippage.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Thought I had seen thread somewhere that even the non-JBL's had changed somewhere down the road, sorry for threadjack & nice job on the plastdippage.
No that's fine. I was pretty sure but not 100% either so it's good for everyone. Thanks, I've done quite a few projects using it over the years so the experience helps.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
NTK is on a distinguished road
NTK's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd
Old 12-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
nrojay is on a distinguished road
nrojay's Tacoma Gallery
PMD

I sent pm need payment method
I have a new home for it
Old 12-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #16
nrojay's Tacoma Gallery
LOOKS AWESOME

I want to say thanks for the GREAT transaction and quick shipping it looks great

Here is a favor though can you please do a mod on plastic dipping I now want to do my ac control and my old unit to sell it
ill post some pics of it installed later
Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
nrojay's Tacoma Gallery
pics of install

pics of install looks really good
Attached Thumbnails
FS: OEM Head Unit Plastidipped Black (6dsc Changer non-JBL XM Ready)-new-stereo-1.jpg   FS: OEM Head Unit Plastidipped Black (6dsc Changer non-JBL XM Ready)-new-stereo-2.jpg