Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: Waterproof Under Bed Rail LED lights

Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #21
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #22
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
I have the same stuff but I have yet to install it.

Do you mind sharing what you did for power and switch?

I was thinking about mounting a switch in the recess around the 120V power outlet and running power over to the opposite side where it comes in for my topper.
Sorry I missed your post.

Yes that's exactly where I put the switch, its barely noticeable and out of harms way. The switch is always hot so no trips to the cab to turn on/off the acc.

These lights draw very little power, I took a new 9v battery (the small ones) and wired it to a 6 LED strip and its been running for 180+ hours and its still shinning. The light strip and battery are both stone cold.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #24
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Sorry I missed your post.

Yes that's exactly where I put the switch, its barely noticeable and out of harms way. The switch is always hot so no trips to the cab to turn on/off the acc.

These lights draw very little power, I took a new 9v battery (the small ones) and wired it to a 6 LED strip and its been running for 180+ hours and its still shinning. The light strip and battery are both stone cold.
Where did you send the wires from the leds into the bed? I'd hate to drill a hole only to find there was an easy, convenient passage.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #25
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Where did you send the wires from the leds into the bed? I'd hate to drill a hole only to find there was an easy, convenient passage.
I drilled a small hole at the end of the LED strip right under the tie down rail. When I get time I will post close up pics in this thread.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
Super Taco

This light set has been sold. PM me if you'd like something built.

Here's a few closeup pics of the bed lights:

The wire harness go's threw is a small hole drilled through the bed at the end of the LED strip.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #27
Aight
sernaj64 is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
sernaj64's Tacoma Gallery
Sick man sick I like
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #28
60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: Sean
60driver's Tacoma Gallery
You should work out a similar package for hood lights. I'd be interested in both.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #29
Super Taco

PM'ed.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #30
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60driver View Post
You should work out a similar package for hood lights. I'd be interested in both.
X2!!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #32
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm out in SF during MLK weekend, would you knock off a few bucks if I drive across SM bridge and pick up? I own a long bed...
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #33
Jinseiganai is on a distinguished road
Jinseiganai's Tacoma Gallery
still for sale? pm sent
Old 01-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #34
Super Taco

PM's sent.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #35
Jabe is on a distinguished road
Name: Gabe
Jabe's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in this.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #36
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FWIW I found a place to run the wires without drilling anything.

There's a nice little gap between the bed and the tailgate post that will put you right into the taillight pocket.

I fished all my wires from the switch (same location) and a 12V outlet I put in the box through to the tail light pocket and did all my wiring there. Worked out well.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #37
Super Taco

Quote:
FWIW I found a place to run the wires without drilling anything.

There's a nice little gap between the bed and the tailgate post that will put you right into the taillight pocket.

I fished all my wires from the switch (same location) and a 12V outlet I put in the box through to the tail light pocket and did all my wiring there. Worked out well.
Thanks for the share. If you have any pics I'd love to see them?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #39
Super Taco

I see what your saying, that would work to.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #40
MichelinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
I'm assuming he means something like this:
Yes. Sorry I didn't take any pictures. I put my wires through on the other side of the truck, but where that wire is going in on the top of the picture leads directly to the taillight pocket. The taillight pocket has a big hole in the back of it that leads to the open area behind the storage box and power outlet. Worked perfectly for me without drilling any holes (other than the hole the switch is now occupying)