Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: Waterproof Under Bed Rail LED lights

Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Waterproof Under Bed Rail LED lights

Waterproof LED bed light kits!

I designed my lighting kits for the non-DIY to the experienced person. My kits come 85% pre assembled with everything (except tools) that you need to install it, including detailed installation instructions with pictures. I use super bright 5050 waterproof LED's light strips, all connections to the LED’s are soldered with shrink tubing over the connections. My light strips also come with upgraded high strength adhesive tape installed.

Happy Thanksgiving Sale!!!! .............. 11/24/14 through 11/30/14

Free wired remote with purchase of bed light kit

First 10 kits will ship within 12 hours of receiving payment

LED COLORS: Cool and warm white kits In-Stock!
I ship USPS Priority mail and most packages arrive with in 2-3 days, orders usually ship within 12 hours of receiving payment

Products and Prices:

• LED BED LIGHT KIT - Short bed (version 2) ...$95 (regular $115)
Pre-wired (3) 45" LED strips with adhesive backing, 30’ wire, zip ties, sticky squares, toggle switch & waterproof switch boot, in-line fuse holder,
fuse and misc connectors.

Includes USPS Priority mail shipping with a tracking number

• LED BED LIGHT KIT - Long bed (Version 2) ...$100 (regular $120)
Pre-wired (1) 45" LED strip & (2) 57" LED strip with adhesive backing, 32’ wire, zip ties, sticky squares, toggle switch & waterproof switch boot, in-line fuse holder, fuse and misc connectors.
Includes USPS Priority mail shipping with a tracking number

• WIRELESS REMOTE ... $20
Remote module comes pre-wired with the toggle switch
Remote Specification: flash, strobe modes, dimmer, Card Type Remote

I accept Papal or mailed payments.

Remote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgdeD4z6hcc
Video thanks to Rattletrap66

COOL WHITE LED - Version 2, bed light kit:

WARM WHITE LED - Version 2, bed light kit:

Warm White LED - Version 2, bed light kit:

Once installed the lights are barely noticeable when not in use. The next two pictures are version 1 kit.

Here are the two recommended locations to mount the switch. The small cubby is the best location (IMO).
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
where in norcal are you?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
where in norcal are you?
Hollister and San Jose
Old 12-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Cracktout is on a distinguished road

Name: Keith
Cracktout's Tacoma Gallery
That's Boss!

Free bump.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
where in norcal are you?
If local I can help install, if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracktout View Post
That's Boss!

Free bump.
Thanks!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, That's a good Mod.. OP.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
That's good stuff! Do you have a kit for the Long Bed?
I had 9' of lights left over so I figured I'd put it to good use. Its so bright it would work fine in short or long bed.

Or long bed version could be done with 12' of light.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFerLife View Post
Will you sell these in the future? If so I might be interested...
PM me if interested.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same stuff but I have yet to install it.

Do you mind sharing what you did for power and switch?

I was thinking about mounting a switch in the recess around the 120V power outlet and running power over to the opposite side where it comes in for my topper.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Price is extremely high for what this is...I did this exact thing to my truck, the LED strip was $15 for 16 ft...
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
Price is extremely high for what this is...I did this exact thing to my truck, the LED strip was $15 for 16 ft...

I bought a sample of the $15 lighting and wasn't impressed. My lighting has a black back background, uses 5050 LED's and is waterproof.

Now add shrink tubing, epoxy, misc crimp connectors, 30' of wire, wire insulation, zip ties, in-line fuse, switch, time to purchase and build, etc.....

It all adds up chief.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
I bought a sample of the $15 lighting and wasn't impressed. My lighting has a black back background, uses 5050 LED's and is waterproof.

Now add shrink tubing, epoxy, misc crimp connectors, 30' of wire, wire insulation, zip ties, in-line fuse, switch, time to purchase and build, etc.....

It all adds up chief.
yeah, not a bad price. I did mine myself... bought 3 36" strips (same stuff OP uses) and wired it all up myself... I'm using all new OTRATTW switches, costly for what THEY are, but they look awesome. Anyway, if I had to do it all over, and knew of this deal, I'd buy the OPs kit. Simple. You're paying for ease of installation, and you're NOT paying much! Sure he makes money from it, and he SHOULD!
Great job man! I'd buy if I didn't already have it done!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
Then don't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
yeah, not a bad price. I did mine myself... bought 3 36" strips (same stuff OP uses) and wired it all up myself... I'm using all new OTRATTW switches, costly for what THEY are, but they look awesome. Anyway, if I had to do it all over, and knew of this deal, I'd buy the OPs kit. Simple. You're paying for ease of installation, and you're NOT paying much! Sure he makes money from it, and he SHOULD!
Great job man! I'd buy if I didn't already have it done!
x2

Bump. Nice job OP
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #19
mortifer is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
mortifer's Tacoma Gallery
There is always someone making "it" cheaper, you get what you pay for, I'm glad I purchased these from the OP.

As said above, the OP is offering a quality LED kit for a good price.

He made a kit for my camper shell with the same LED's and they ROCK!
Seriously awesome lights, great kit consisting of two sections of LED's cut to proper length connected together and to the switch with small black wire.
They come with adhesive tape already on them, I just peeled off the backing and stuck them to the carpeted ceiling, holding strong after a week.
It easy to install and they light up the inside of the bed like it was daylight.

The truck is in an underground parking garage, it's dark, pics were taken with an iPhone.

Pic 1- no flash.
Pic 2- iPhone flash.
Pic 3- LED's on, no flash.
Attached Thumbnails
FS: Waterproof Under Bed Rail LED lights-no-flash.jpg   FS: Waterproof Under Bed Rail LED lights-fash.jpg   FS: Waterproof Under Bed Rail LED lights-led.jpg  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #20
Infamous Coating is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Infamous Coating's Tacoma Gallery
That looks SICK! Great mod