Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Heavy duty Motorcycle bed rack bar .... San Jose

Old 02-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Heavy duty Motorcycle bed rack bar .... San Jose

NEW custom made Motorcycle truck bed rack, powder coated black.

I had (2) made for my Tacoma, one is for sale.

This bed reinforcement bar is heavy duty and perfect for the heavy bikes (Harley Davidson, Indian, Yamaha, Honda).

Dimensions:
57" long 3" wide x 3" deep

Tire channel "V"s are 2 1/2" at the small and 5 1/2"

Tie down holes are 1"

Local pick up only, $75.00 San Jose

Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not yet, the 2nd bar is still getting powder coated.

I'll hold it up in my truck tomorrow and snap a pic.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
How does it mount up?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Not yet, the 2nd bar is still getting powder coated.

I'll hold it up in my truck tomorrow and snap a pic.
You don't have to do it on my account, just at your convenenience, or if you think it would help your sale with other members. I was just wondering how it looked and held. best of luck with sale!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
jslum is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Would like to see how this works
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Super Taco

I was going to bolt right up under the tie down bed rail, it will have to be drilled.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
Super Taco

I still have to remove the LED lighting and CB antenna but it will bolt up under the bed tie down rail.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #10
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenc87 View Post
How is it mounted?

Clamp it in place, drill 4 holes through the bar and the bed, 4 bolts, 4 lock nuts and 4 fender washers.

That's how I am going to do mine when I get the time.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
Super Taco

Bump for price drop. was $100 now $75.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, where the F were you when I had my bike lol!!!! I just used like 20 straps and prayed nothin snapped! This is awesome!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #13
kwofford10 is on a distinguished road

kwofford10's Tacoma Gallery
Im interested in this. Would like to see the other one mounted to your truck. Being that you had 3 slots made, how close are the wheel wheels to the tire if you had a bike in the outside slot?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwofford10 View Post
Im interested in this. Would like to see the other one mounted to your truck. Being that you had 3 slots made, how close are the wheel wheels to the tire if you had a bike in the outside slot?
When I removed the rear tie down rail I couldn't believe how flimsy the back of the bed was. I used the existing 5 torxs bolts and threaded bed nuts to mount the bar.

The wheel wells are right next to the tire (+ or - a few inches), 3 bike fit perfectly. I'll measure the thinness of the metal when I get home tonight.

The bar I installed in my truck is 2" x 2" L-channel and the one I am selling is 3" x 3", I only haul dirt bikes so didn't need it to be that beefy. Would be perfect for heavy road bikes.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
kwofford10 is on a distinguished road

kwofford10's Tacoma Gallery
You could bolt this one to the stock bed rail location also although its 3 X 3 correct? I only haul dirtbikes also, usually just my own but sometimes two.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
Super Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwofford10 View Post
You could bolt this one to the stock bed rail location also although its 3 X 3 correct? I only haul dirtbikes also, usually just my own but sometimes two.

Yes it would mount to the existing rail mounts.

Mine is a 2" x 2" and sits a little lower than the bed side caps.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
Super Taco

Price drop...... $60 picked up