Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB 4.10 Ring & Pinion gears

Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
AZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AZ Sun Lover's Tacoma Gallery
WTB 4.10 Ring & Pinion gears

Deleted
Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Tacomayco
Tacomayco will become famous soon enoughTacomayco will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Tacomayco's Tacoma Gallery
I believe 4 cylinders already have 4.10... Might be different for Manual Transmission but automatics do.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, pretty sure you already have 4.10's. For the 4x4's and prerunner's, the 4cylinders have 4.10's, and V6's have 3.73's. The 5 luggers run some other gears though.

EDIT: Did a little research and I guess it is possible that you are a 5 lugger with 3.31 gears. I didn't know you could get a 5 lugger with the SR5 package.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Roger - well, good luck.

I would have sold you my set if this was about three weeks ago..

If all else fails, give Cark at JTs Differentials a call.

www.justdifferentials.com
Old 02-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Sun Lover View Post
Boy can you say that again!

I had to fly to Portland OR from Phoenix AZ buy it! Then drive it back to AZ. Toyota does NOT sell Manual Transmissions or SR5's in the Denver Region of the USA! And I'm sure others as well.

I guess Toyota doesn't think us's red neck's from AZ can't texted, steered (w/ knee), pushed in the clutched & shifted all at the same time.

God you don't know how F-ing pissed off I was when I found out Toyota built this truck and does NOT sell it nation wide! I almost bought a Nissan. I should have, because buy time I replace all the suspension with XR stuff, buy much better rubber & wheels, install a header w/ cat-back and new ring & pinion. At 75 mph the RPM's are @ 2400, at 55 MPH the RPM's are 1800 (this truck is just gutless!)
I would had less cash in a new X-runner. One of the local dealers tried to tell me Toyota didn't make this truck. Until I show them a photo from my cell phone of used one setting on a car lot just down the street!

Venting,
AZ
For all that you went through I would have just put up with the black in Arizona. X-runner has a V6 in it so power wouldn't have been an issue...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
East coast gear supply
ECGS buys from JTs..
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Call them up i think they take them as cores to sell complete thirds
Old 02-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #11

You have an E-locker? How the fuck?! Only TRD Offroad's come with them from the factory and TRD's only come in V6's. Is it an aftermarket one? or is it just a fake button?...
Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
Tacomayco
Tacomayco will become famous soon enoughTacomayco will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Tacomayco's Tacoma Gallery
^ Interesting!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Call who?
I have a 2013 Access cab SR5 2.7L I-4cyl. w/ E-locker. That doesn't work for crap! I put block of wood on the right side and nothing on the left and pushed in the button on the dash. I did nothing but spin one tire in smoke. Smoke spotted then push in the clutch. Open diff rear end, what a joke.

AZ
you don't have a locker unless you installed one after market....that'd explain why your traction sucked and you didn't crawl over the would. If a locker was engaged BOTH tires would spin, not one
Old 02-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
You have an E-locker? How the fuck?! Only TRD Offroad's come with them from the factory and TRD's only come in V6's. Is it an aftermarket one? or is it just a fake button?...
might be ATRAC or whatever its called. OP do you have a picture of the button you pushed?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #15

The toyota 4.10s are only compatible with 8.4" rear diffs....the TRD Off Road w/ e-lockers have 8"...

4.11s are the next option
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
KingDavey is on a distinguished road

Name: Think about it...
KingDavey's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the 5 lug you have the 8.4" rear end with an electronic lsd that pulses the brakes. I had a 2008 access cab 2wd 5 spd like yours. i swapped in a diff from a 2006 trd prerunner that had a factory mechanical limited slip and 3.73 gears. It really made a huge difference!! I still have the gears if your interested, but i won't sell the lsd. Pm me if interested.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Mr. ColtsTRD,
I will have my wife take a photo of the window sticker with she gets home. (she has the camera with her) The 3rd line states "Automatic Limited-Slip Differential"
Line one is 2.7L DOHC.....
Line two is 5 Speed Manual Transmission. (This is the reason I had to buy it from Portland OR and drive it home from 1400 miles!) Damn it, Toyota!

Buddy, I'm a newbie but that says the truck has whatever rear? Would you care to tell me what that means or why that would be posted on the window sticker? I'm way more than you!

I'm still looking at how to removed the screws or tabs (without breaking) to remove the front fender liners so I can remove the Black Box. Do all Tacoma's have this black box at the back of the fender well. Any help here would help too! Many parts ordered to start the mods to the truck. 1st is find what rear end I have and to install better (lower) rear gear.

I bought a set of 18x8 X-runner wheels and they should be hear by this Friday.

I sent in a request to Magnaflow to build a Cat Back for an SR5. I might get the 1st Magnaflow Cat Back at N/C if they use my truck.

Just and FYI to others how may own an SR5 please contact Magnaflow and ask them for a system for your SR5.

AZ
Ok, so you don't have a locker just the normal Electronic LSD.

Also, I'm pretty sure that all access cab and double cab shortbed Tacomas run the same size cat back so there should already be lots of choices on the market for you, even Magnaflow already has some out there.
Quote:
King,
...with an electronic lsd that pulses the brakes. That's what I was thinking. The owners manual gives many warnings about over heating the brakes.
I called Toyota and per Toyota they changed the rear end in 2012. May I ask what size tire you went to?

Thanks,
AZ
Did they specify how the rearend changed? I haven't heard of this, not that I know much about the 2012+'s, but Toyota has been running the same rearends since the first gens in these things so I am kind of doubting it changed...
Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
KingDavey is on a distinguished road

Name: Think about it...
KingDavey's Tacoma Gallery
I kept the same size tires as stock. I wanted the xrunner ones though. With the lsd and the gears, the truck was way more fun!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTibntwJddE
Old 02-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #20

Good hell! I need to throw some of those little tiny tires on my taco and see what I can do with them. I am running 33" M/T's with and 4.88's and I can barely chirp my tires on pavement, although I do have an auto so maybe the torque converter is to blame here...