Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: ECGS East Coast Gear Supply Driver's CV Axle Bushing Removal Tool

Old 03-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
geogecko has a spectacular aura aboutgeogecko has a spectacular aura aboutgeogecko has a spectacular aura about
geogecko's Tacoma Gallery
[SOLD]: ECGS East Coast Gear Supply Driver's CV Axle Bushing Removal Tool

As title states, this is the tool used to remove the needle bearing from the driver's side CV front differential housing. Tool was used to remove the needle bearing from my 2005 Tacoma, and replace it with the ECGS bushing. I had vibrations in the front end after installing my 5100's all around, with only a setting of 0.85 in the front. After installation, vibrations are completely gone. My CV axle had quite a bit of play in it before the change out, now almost none, similar to the stock passenger side.

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-853...-and-tool.html

According to ECGS: "Fits all 05 and up Tacoma, FJ Cruiser, and 03 up 4runner." So the tool is also used on these year/models.

Tool marks on the face of the puller are from a punch I was using to try and tap the puller past the bearing with. I was under the impression that the tool was usable as received from ECGS, which was not the case. After removing the puller, there were marks left on the back side where the puller was hitting the inside of the bearing. I took a file, and filed the edges of the back side of the puller, so that it would slide past the bearing. This has no effect on the front, or pulling face, of the puller, and lucky for you, this has already been done for you.

See attached images. Tool is a lot beefier than I had imagined it would be. The bearing is in rather tight, so I don't see how this can be done without using the proper tool.

Info: If you have questions with regards to any of the process involved, please see my thread here, and post there to keep this on topic here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...vibration.html

Price: $45 shipped/paypal'ed, or $40 for local pick-up (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
Shipping: I will ship the tool via USPS Priority Mail, it will take a day or so from payment before I can make it to the post office to package and drop-off the tool to USPS.

Thank you,
Jason
Attached Thumbnails
FS: ECGS East Coast Gear Supply Driver's CV Axle Bushing Removal Tool-2013-03-13-20.54.42-custom-.jpg   FS: ECGS East Coast Gear Supply Driver's CV Axle Bushing Removal Tool-2013-03-13-20.55.13-custom-.jpg   FS: ECGS East Coast Gear Supply Driver's CV Axle Bushing Removal Tool-2013-03-13-20.55.43-custom-.jpg   FS: ECGS East Coast Gear Supply Driver's CV Axle Bushing Removal Tool-2013-03-13-20.56.03-custom-.jpg   FS: ECGS East Coast Gear Supply Driver's CV Axle Bushing Removal Tool-2013-03-13-20.56.36-custom-.jpg  

Old 03-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
geogecko has a spectacular aura aboutgeogecko has a spectacular aura aboutgeogecko has a spectacular aura about
Just want to point out that all other tools can be borrowed locally to do this job. I borrowed a slide hammer and pitman tool from Advance Auto, and a race and seal driver from O'Rileys. You'll need a large pipe clamp, I'm guessing about 4.5" in diameter or so, use that to strap the pulling hook to a slot on the axle shaft next to the diff, so the hook doesn't keep sliding off when you pull.

If you replace the oil seal (which I'd recommend), grab the edge of it with a pair of vicegrips, and wiggle back and forth until it comes loose or breaks the edge off. Do it on a couple other places, and the seal will eventually come out. Use a 2" PVC pipe coupler and a cap (fits inside one end of the coupler, and has a flat hex shaped cap on the end), to install the new seal (beat on the cap with a dead blow hammer).

Other than that, use an impact wrench to get everything off. You'll also need a cotter pin set, which all the auto parts places have (steering tie rod and axle nut). The axle nut is 36mm.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
Wow, really, no one needs this thing?

I'll lower the price to $45 shipped, or $40 local pick up to entice a buyer. Let's make this the TW community tool.

Bump!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Still have it?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Yep!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
If he doesnt take it, you might put a link in the 2nd gen front diff vibration thread. Thats where I got mine, and plan to sell it when I'm done with it.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Yep!
PM me your PAYPAL
Old 04-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
Sold and shipped to MY50cal! Thanks!