Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Looking for radiant red cab high-style Canopy

Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
YotaRig is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Savin' Lives
Name: J
YotaRig's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for radiant red cab high-style Canopy

I'm looking to put a standard cab high canopy on my Tacoma (attached). The three must-haves are:

good/like new condition
Toyota radiant red
cab high model

Amazingly difficult to find someone looking to sell, but I want to explore all options before purchasing new. If you'd be interested in selling, or know someone who may, let's talk.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for radiant red cab high-style Canopy-p1000975.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #2

YotaRig's Tacoma Gallery
Any one selling a canopy / topper / cap (whatever you want to call it)?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
You might be better off looking for a great bargain, then having it sprayed to match. I looked all winter, and finally had my old DSM cap painted. Although I owned it already, still a cheaper route than new. Good luck.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #4

YotaRig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
You might be better off looking for a great bargain, then having it sprayed to match. I looked all winter, and finally had my old DSM cap painted. Although I owned it already, still a cheaper route than new. Good luck.
Yeah, true. Thanks for sharing. I've been tossing that plan around in the back of my head. What did you end up paying for the paint job? The quotes I've received and the price at which a nice canopy is going for, isn't too far from brand new... and there's no warranty. The more I've thought about it, I've practically been ruling it out. But it worked for you; you know about how much you saved?

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
I already owned the cap so that was a big savings. I ended up paying $250 for the paint job. It is not perfect, but it looks great. I guess if you could get a cap for $400, then $300 or so for paint, you are at half of new, at least. Unfortunately, you gotta find a "friend" in a collision shop, or you are going to pay stupid money for the spray.