Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: 05-07 Tacoma DCSB Trd Off-Road

Old 03-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
benjaminallen1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
benjaminallen1's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: 05-08 Tacoma DCSB Trd Off-Road

Hey guys... First post so bear with me (yes... I have used TW religiously in the past, bought stuff, pm'd people, and swear up and down by the forum, but have never made a post. Don't hate me too much for it).

Had an '01 Tacoma regular cab for years and modded it exactly to the specs I've needed for the mountains (front & rear locking diffs, elite winch bumper, etc.), but alas it is time to go. Brother wants the truck to use for hound hunting and I am needing to move into something with a back seat for family. However, the new truck must also double as a weekend mountain warrior so whatever it is missing for such will be the follow up investment. The money I get for my 01 Tacoma, plus the couple grand I have save up, will be all I have to spend as I want to pay cash. Below are the details of what I am looking for. I have about two months to make the purchase so any help or leads into a truck would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Ben

2005+ Toyota Tacoma DCSB Trd Off-Road 4x4 (V6 manual)
- <130,xxx original miles
- <$17,000
- mods not an issue
- I'm located in the Spokane/North Idaho area but will certainly travel for the right truck.
Attached Thumbnails
WTB: 05-07 Tacoma DCSB Trd Off-Road-truck-bumper.jpg  
Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Actaully 05-08 are the same, it got all the electronic gizmos in 09. Just lettin ya know if that was why you stopped at 07.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
Actaully 05-08 are the same, it got all the electronic gizmos in 09. Just lettin ya know if that was why you stopped at 07.
Actually was just stopping at 07 because my price range was so limited, I figured anything newer would be out of my budget. Thats a great point though... I guess I can probably update it to encompass 08 anyways! Thanks!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminallen1 View Post
Actually was just stopping at 07 because my price range was so limited, I figured anything newer would be out of my budget. Thats a great point though... I guess I can probably update it to encompass 08 anyways! Thanks!
I was in the same boat but I bought a 08 DCSB TRD OR w/ 96k miles a month ago for $17,800. Might as well aim high and not rule anything out. Good luck in your search.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
DaVikes is on a distinguished road
Name: Ross
DaVikes's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried www.ksl.com? It's the Salt Lake newspaper's website, which has many more vehicles than craigslist in SLC. I've been looking there, and in TX, as prices in Denver, where I live, are definitely at the top of the market. Also, if you want to search craigslist state by state, try zoomthelist.com. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVikes View Post
Have you tried www.ksl.com? It's the Salt Lake newspaper's website, which has many more vehicles than craigslist in SLC. I've been looking there, and in TX, as prices in Denver, where I live, are definitely at the top of the market. Also, if you want to search craigslist state by state, try zoomthelist.com. Good luck!
Thanks for info Ross! I am dealing with the same issue here as you are in Denver... every Tacoma in North Idaho sells around $3k ABOVE bluebook and usually has the hardest miles you can find!