Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

2013 Side view mirror Swap

Old 03-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
BovaTaco is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: MK
Name: Dave
BovaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Side view mirror Swap

Im looking to trade my 2013 TRD off road side view mirrors (Magnetic Gray) for 2012, 2013 TRD sport side mirrors with the built in turn signals. I have read all the threads on here about aftermarket and the 4 runner side mirrors. I just want Tacoma side mirrors. I know its a long shot but if any is inserted let me know.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a set of these just waiting for them to come in. I know you don't want to mess with wiring but might be your best solution.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310559717317...84.m1423.l2649
Old 03-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
BovaTaco is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: MK
Name: Dave
BovaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what i will do if i don't get lucky with a trade.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

Think your going to have to do some wiring to make them work anyway. Don't think it's going to be plug and play.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #7

Those are heated so you would have to wire that up. Found Tacoma ones on parts geek for $73 each.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:50 AM   #8
BXTACOMA is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Joe
BXTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I want to get the 2012 or newer side view mirrors on a 05 taco. Would that fit?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #9
SRT Nate is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
SRT Nate's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed for more info on the swap....

Nate
Old 05-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #10
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXTACOMA View Post
I want to get the 2012 or newer side view mirrors on a 05 taco. Would that fit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT Nate View Post
Subscribed for more info on the swap....

Nate
Yea they will fit...same truck.

I added the 4runner mirrors with turn, foot lamp and heated mirror to my truck

There's like 5 threads about that
Old 05-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #11
BXTACOMA is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Joe
BXTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Yea they will fit...same truck.

I added the 4runner mirrors with turn, foot lamp and heated mirror to my truck

There's like 5 threads about that
Thanks. where did you get them from? did you have to buy new connectors?
Old 05-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #12
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXTACOMA View Post
Thanks. where did you get them from? did you have to buy new connectors?
online, any really...got mine from ebay (toyota oem)

for the 4runner mirrors yes, i removed the stock plugs completely.
but if you only want the trd sports with turn signals only,
you can get away with only installing the mirriors and running the 2 wires from the stock harness under the dash up to the 2 empty holes on the plugs that are on your doors
because the tacoma uses the same plug (5 hole plug) but the non turn signal only use 3 of the holes for the power mirrors and the turn signal with power use all 5
Old 05-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #13
Jinseiganai is on a distinguished road
Jinseiganai's Tacoma Gallery
heres a Xrunner i found with the 12+ mirrors on a 05-11 truck!
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Side view mirror Swap-478.jpg  
Old 05-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #14
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletaco View Post
Those are heated so you would have to wire that up. Found Tacoma ones on parts geek for $73 each.
And they are epic pieces of shit... I bought a pair and had to give them away after trying to live w them for 6 months. I ended up buying the OE ones from a dealer.

There is a good chance ur truck will be plug and play for these. Mine is a base and it was pre wired.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #15
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Captain
Name: Lionel
Li0nel1234's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm I want some turn signal side mirrors. About how much if you order from a dealer? I don't even care if they're plain black or in a different color because I would just flat black them with Rust-o
Old 05-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #16
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

B737's Tacoma Gallery
I used Nathan at DAHL Toyota (NHilton AT dahlauto DOT com), his prices were better than my local dealer. it was $420 for the pair. DAHL is a TW sponsor.

yes its a lot more expensive than the Chinese knock off mirrors from parts geek, and if you're not picky they may be ok for you... but i could not deal with the shaking mirror glass anymore. The mirror optics themselves were also crappier, as was the fit and finish.

when i got the Toyota ones i weighed them, they were 3.6 pounds. the ones i got off parts geek were 2.9 pounds. the Toyota ones have much better mirror glass, the mirrors do not shake or vibrate (ever), they are just worlds better.

i sold my partsgeek mirrors to a TW member, when one broke during shipping (it was packaged very well) it was then clear to me these mirrors were just not going to hold up for a long life attached to a truck, i refunded him all his money.

the best you can do would be to order the ones from partsgeek, and remove the signal assembly itself, then install it in your current stock mirror (the insides of your current mirror are already set up to mount the lamp). Then use the partsgeek supplied mirror cover. dissembling your stock mirrors completely would prob be required in order to snake the wires and so on... with that will come the risks of breaking something in your stock mirror when you take it all apart to run the wires through all the parts.

i just gave up, learned my lesson and bought the real ones. im glad i did because the other ones were complete junk.

six pages of mirror drama on this thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...or-swap-6.html
Old 05-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #17
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li0nel1234 View Post
Hmm I want some turn signal side mirrors. About how much if you order from a dealer? I don't even care if they're plain black or in a different color because I would just flat black them with Rust-o
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
I used Nathan at DAHL Toyota (NHilton AT dahlauto DOT com), his prices were better than my local dealer. it was $420 for the pair. DAHL is a TW sponsor.

yes its a lot more expensive than the Chinese knock off mirrors from parts geek, and if you're not picky they may be ok for you... but i could not deal with the shaking mirror glass anymore. The mirror optics themselves were also crappier, as was the fit and finish.

when i got the Toyota ones i weighed them, they were 3.6 pounds. the ones i got off parts geek were 2.9 pounds. the Toyota ones have much better mirror glass, the mirrors do not shake or vibrate (ever), they are just worlds better.

i sold my partsgeek mirrors to a TW member, when one broke during shipping (it was packaged very well) it was then clear to me these mirrors were just not going to hold up for a long life attached to a truck, i refunded him all his money.

the best you can do would be to order the ones from partsgeek, and remove the signal assembly itself, then install it in your current stock mirror (the insides of your current mirror are already set up to mount the lamp). Then use the partsgeek supplied mirror cover. dissembling your stock mirrors completely would prob be required in order to snake the wires and so on... with that will come the risks of breaking something in your stock mirror when you take it all apart to run the wires through all the parts.

i just gave up, learned my lesson and bought the real ones. im glad i did because the other ones were complete junk.

^^^this, i also bought the cheap aftermarket ones, worked great, looked great but that stupid mirror shaking was something i hated with a passion, so i saved some and bought some oem ones, everything good and no shaking
Old 05-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #18
Throbbing Member

B737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
^^^this, i also bought the cheap aftermarket ones, worked great, looked great but that stupid mirror shaking was something i hated with a passion, so i saved some and bought some oem ones, everything good and no shaking
lol! im glad i wasnt the only one we learned our lesson huh?!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #19
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
lol! im glad i wasnt the only one we learned our lesson huh?!
heck yes...a pain but was worth it, im still waiting on my buddy he wants to buy my aftermarket mirrors as is (also silver streak mica)
Old 05-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #20
Jinseiganai is on a distinguished road
Jinseiganai's Tacoma Gallery
Cant Beat OEM ones, I wanna do that one day! Clean, BEST quality EVER, and you know its goina fit perfect