Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB:supercharger for second gen

Old 03-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
WTB:supercharger for second gen

I'm feeling out the masses for a 2nd gen supercharger.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Jakes
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/3667751921.html
Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Checkn it out
Old 03-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Your trucks going to be epic
Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #5

Lets hope so. I want the supercharger on before I lift it. Should make it a little easier to instal.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
zackbremer is on a distinguished road
zackbremer's Tacoma Gallery
300hp and 37s lol thats Guna be a go getter
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackbremer View Post
300hp and 37s lol thats Guna be a go getter
Since when did they dyno at 300hp with a TRD supercharger? Shooting high there lol.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
I thought in real world testing it made more than 300 HP
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
I thought in real world testing it made more than 300 HP
My friend just got one and IIRC he informed that stock power (to the wheels) is 190(dyno proven) and the TRD S/c only gains about 80hp.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Since when did they dyno at 300hp with a TRD supercharger? Shooting high there lol.
Supporting mods and a good tune will get it happily over 300
Old 03-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Supporting mods and a good tune will get it happily over 300
Ah well then we are talking about upgrades. Im referring to a simple trd s/c install with the flash programming they provide.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Ah well then we are talking about upgrades. Im referring to a simple trd s/c install with the flash programming they provide.
And stock intake/exhaust? Yeah that'll land you in the 270-80 range I believe...
Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
And stock intake/exhaust? Yeah that'll land you in the 270-80 range I believe...
Yea thats what i was assuming Op's setup is/will be.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #14

I'm doing headers, exhaust, urd pulley and so on.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #15
SwampDude is on a distinguished road
Name: George
SwampDude's Tacoma Gallery
More than 300 hp

Depending on other performance mods to go along with the TRD S/C, and someone who knows what they are doing with tuning, you can expect more than 300 hp to RW. So far I am running 337 hp. Obviously most of it is added by the S/C, but methanol injection helped, and a programmable Unichip sure helps. Hoping to break 350 hp this year.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #16
Vivid Illumination

^^^ you'd get a lot more customization ability if you ditched the unichip and moved on to an X1, UCON, or AEM engine control... I think you'd be pleased
Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #17

Keep talking guys, you're givin me great ideas for when i do pick it up. On that note, what else should I do to compliment the supercharger? I've heard of doing a urd pulley, what exhaust, etc?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #18
SwampDude is on a distinguished road
Name: George
SwampDude's Tacoma Gallery
Not too familiar with the other controllers, which I have heard provide more control, but the guy at the dyno place is quite familiar with the Unichip, and I have watched him plug his laptop in and change parameters. He seems to think that the Unchip gives him what he needs as a tuner, but if I was to do it again and $$ was not an issue I would check the other controlers further.

The URD pulley seems like a no brainer since it ups the boost a couple of PSI. However, my understanding is that past the reflash that needs to be done by a dealership for the S/C, any other mods, except an exchaust, will need some way of playing with your air/fuel, timing, etc, thus requiring a controller like that ones we have been talking about.

The reason for the methanol injection is to combat "heat soak" where one loses power quickly after the engine works a bit (real world), taking timing away due to impending detonation (heat is not a friend of HP), and also to provide a higher octane value under boost (I believe my methanol system does not kick in till 4 PSI, and it also adjustable).

The combo of headers (shorties so I do not have to worry about issues with the ECU) and the electric fans gave me about 15HP to the wheels.

Also, a cold air intake or similar seems like a no brainer, but this one also wrecks havoc with the stock reflashed ECU and needs a controller.

I have also installed a cowl scoop on my hood to allow hot air a way out. This is meant more for the summer months.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #19
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
From a pm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large
Was wondering how you were putting 315 hp to the wheels with the TRD S/C. What parts were involved in that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toon714
I had apr 2.85 pulley, dt long tubes, urd y pipe, custom 3 in exhaust, afe stage 2 cai, and walboro fuel pump. And raised my fuel pressure.

Those are weal numbers. It was dyno in the summer @ 95 degree and 80% humidity.
We all know toon dynos his truck so what he says I'll believe, I plan on doing this setup with a maf calibrator and a 7th injector kit also from URD