Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Retrofit: DS2 Projectors with BHLM headlights. No harness/bulb

Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Retrofit: DS2 Projectors with BHLM headlights. No ballast/bulb

SOLD

SALE PENDING FOR SATURDAY 03/30/2013 LOCALLY I will give an update if it doesn't go through.

Install these about a month ago, but I was very indecisive on the looks of it with the fully blacked out headlight on a silver truck. Don't get me wrong, it looked good, but just a little too much for my taste.I ended up sticking with my 2011 headlights that came from factory with the gunmetal look instead of the chrome.

Run down on Retro:

1: DS2 projectors from "The Retrofit Source" during group buy with Gatling gun shroud. they are in perfect condition. Just the nuts for tightening them down are kind of beat up from actually tightening them down. I don't know how i could have prevented that with the way they have to be tightened with the clearance you have and actually getting them down tight so they didn't move.

2: I am keeping the ballast, and bulbs for a different project. I was keeping the harness, but i am now including it.

3: My order did not include the little metal washer for retaining the bulb for one side. Its used to put pressure on the bulb when installing the lock nut so the bulb doesn't move. So i made my own which i will include.

4: Headlights are DEPO lights i purchased off Amazon already with black housing. I took out the housing and painted the reflector while it was still in the headlight assembly. The alignment of the reflector bowl was not touched.

5: The headlights are opened as of now i will re seal them before shipping. If you want them as is without me re sealing them they will need to be re sealed before install. I will include the extra 3M seal i have that was left over. It should be more than enough. I purchased it separately from amazon. I was going to reuse the projectors in the 2011 factory gunmetal headlights, but decided to go with the fx-r projector.

6: headlight have NO broken tabs.

I am asking $205. I don't mind shipping on you dime. If you want to know how much shipping will be you can either go onto USPS, UPS, or FEDEX website and type in my state and zip "Ocoee, FL, 34761" and get a shipping quote. For the box i don't have one yet to fit them so you would have to estimate it with a big box. I will confirm on shipping price before payment.

This is how they looked before i pulled them apart.

UPDATE: If anyone is worried about re sealing them i will re seal it before shipping and run a bead of silicone like i did when i finished it. $200 obo you cover shipping.
If you already have a Bi Xenon HID kit on your truck all your would need is to purchase the DS2 bulb and the adapter that will plug into the DS2 bulb on one end and your ballast on the other end. Its pictured below post #8 last pic. I will also be including the harness that the kit was included with.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
GLWS. Also to anyone wanting to ship. It'll be cheaper to ship via 2 boxes instead of one big one!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
PUT THE WORK IN
g.hampton will become famous soon enoughg.hampton will become famous soon enough

Air Force: aerial porter
Name: Garrett
g.hampton's Tacoma Gallery
Will these work with any HID headlights and ballasts or would I need to buy specific ones?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.hampton View Post
Will these work with any HID headlights and ballasts or would I need to buy specific ones?
You would need to buy D2S bulbs which the morimoto 35s are like $40 I think, but you can reuse the ballasts you have (though I don't recommend it) with a conversion harness from The Retrofit Source)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
regular bulbs will not fit.

These are the bulbs and ballast you would need.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=1250

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=160

Kit: You would just pick the color temp you want and the 9003 harness.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=242

Do you currently have Bi Xenon HID's on your truck ? If you do you can go this route matched with the DS2 Bulbs.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...products_id=97

If you currently have HID's Your ballast needs to be 35 watts to match with the 35 watt bulb. If you currently have the bi xenon hid's on the truck and have the harness installed that came with it the only thing else you would have to connect is the wires for the high beam. The positive and negative wire coming off the projector will just connect to the positive and negative connector on the harness for the high beam. If you have the bi xenon kit already that connection for the high beam would usually plug into the bulb, but with the projector it will plug directly into it.

Regular ebay ballast are nothing compared to the ballast they offer on retrofit source. Nothing wrong with using them, but most of the time ebay ballast are not a true 35 watts. Usually under, that's why you see the lights flicker a lot of the time.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
Seems like the links are not working when i click them.

Bulb: D2S: MORIMOTO 3FIVE (35W)

Ballast: MORIMOTO 3FIVE BALLASTS (D2S)

Kit: D2S: MORIMOTO ELITE HID SYSTEM Comes with harness, ballast, bulbs. You would need the 9003 harness and you pick color temp.

Adapters: You would use this if you already have a Bi Xenon HID kit on the truck. This adapter would allow you to plug the DS2 bulb (you have to purchase this bulb, it will not be a part of your current HID system) into your current ballast.

Hope i got all the info covered.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
yah, thats it. Im including the re seal also. I ordered it off amazon and it practically has enough for three sets of headlights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
man i want these for my truck they wopuld be perfect. basically all that needs to be done for these is reseal them and order new bulbs?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #11
$200 OBO no low balling. I will include the harness, but you will still need the bulb, and ballast. Or if you already have the ballast you will need the adapter and bulb.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
xyourlocaldjx is on a distinguished road
xyourlocaldjx's Tacoma Gallery
d2s

I've got lift up front. Will I still be able to adjust the aim?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
These should go in no time. Nice price!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
ecjr173 is on a distinguished road

Name: Eli
ecjr173's Tacoma Gallery
Did they sell. PM sent.