Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

1st Post - What do I need??

Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
squatpuke is on a distinguished road

Name: Larry
squatpuke's Tacoma Gallery
1st Post - What do I need??

Hello all...

Am looking for a new (or gently used) Tacoma....5 in the family, so probably looking at a double cab....

Using my google-fu, I see there are mixed feelings about buying a TRD($) or an 4x4 SR5 and just fixing it up...

IF SR5, can I add the off-road stuff that the TRD has for 4-5K??

Building/pricing for OR-TRD at Toyota's site for what I want is about 32k...which seems kinda high to me for a "compact" truck. (Raptors are 43k).
(30K is about the top of my budget)

I will be using it for medium off-roading....rocky, mountainous roads, snow and ice in winter...basically getting me to and from hiking and camping trail-heads.

Thoughts?
Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squatpuke View Post
Hello all...

Am looking for a new (or gently used) Tacoma....5 in the family, so probably looking at a double cab....

Using my google-fu, I see there are mixed feelings about buying a TRD($) or an 4x4 SR5 and just fixing it up...

IF SR5, can I add the off-road stuff that the TRD has for 4-5K??

Building/pricing for OR-TRD at Toyota's site for what I want is about 32k...which seems kinda high to me for a "compact" truck. (Raptors are 43k).
(30K is about the top of my budget)

I will be using it for medium off-roading....rocky, mountainous roads, snow and ice in winter...basically getting me to and from hiking and camping trail-heads.

Thoughts?
If you watch this forum well, you won't need to spend that much. And if you dodrop that much, you will have a truck better than the TRD.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you aren't doing dedicated wheeling 4x4 SR5 is fine. You can find a new DB 4x4 for under 30K here in Phx, but there are some deals to be had for used if you're willing wait around.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Family of 5 I'd look for 3 rows of seating .
Old 04-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
squatpuke is on a distinguished road

Name: Larry
squatpuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Family of 5 I'd look for 3 rows of seating .
Nah...I'll get a nice bed liner for the wife....
Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
lol^ welcome on TW!