LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

If you had the choice 2.7L or 4L Motor?

Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
TomBomb91 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tom
TomBomb91's Tacoma Gallery
If you had the choice 2.7L or 4L Motor?

Curious to see, Please explain why. Im thinking of getting a tacoma and im torn between these two motors toyota offers.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what you are gonna be doing. The 2.7 is a great engine, especially if you'll be just using it to drive back and forth to work. But if you're going to pull stuff often or actually want some grunt when you stomp on the skinny pedal get the 4L. If you plan on putting larger tires and lift I suggest the 4L as well, more torque to turn the bigger shoes.
You can get a supercharger for the 4L as well which is a huge plus.
Test drive both and see which one you prefer. I have a close friend who has a 2.7 and it is a peppy little engine with a good bit of power. But I always like to brag to him that my engine is bigger but he has 4wd so its still a fun argument.
go big or go home I always say.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
you're asking this in the market place?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
TomBomb91 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tom
TomBomb91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
you're asking this in the market place?
Im looking to buy, i was hoping people would email me their for sale adds. I forgot to add that in intially. hahah thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
ovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedovrebo1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ovrebo1's Tacoma Gallery
4.0 all the way. I've owned plenty of 4cyl Yotas and when I bought this gen I never considered a 2.7
Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBomb91 View Post
Im looking to buy, i was hoping people would email me their for sale adds. I forgot to add that in intially. hahah thanks
Marketplace is the place for WTB, but it's not the place for what you asked for in the OP.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Drive them both. Its just no something we can tell you.

I get by just fine in my 2.7L, I relegate it to hiking, kayaking and some hunting. I drive it in town too sometimes, its just too fun to leave in the driveway too long.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Where in Canada, OP? If you're in the mountain provinces, then 4L all the way
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Both are awesome powerplants. The 4.0 for oomph, the 2.7 for gas mileage. Both have supercharger upgrade options (afaik, URD is the only company that makes one for the 2.7). Like dsjones5 said, if you're towing anything of substance the 4.0 is the way to go. I don't have the need to tow anything (if I do, my brother's '91 Cummins will help me out on those rare occasions), and I'm more than happy with my 2.7.