Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Wanted COA tophats etc

Old 04-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
AlanLoshbaugh is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
AlanLoshbaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted COA tophats etc

I have a liftkit to install on my 2005 4x4.
I'd like to build the new COA's on the bench to expedite the process.
I need an extra set of top hats and hardware;
if anyone has this stuff, please let me know?

thx;
alanloshbaugh@gmail.com
Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONROE-90792...3e0cbb&vxp=mtr

I tried to find a set for a while, and ended up buying these. This is the correct Monroe part number, and by searching I found them as low as 16.00 each shipped, but now can't remember where. I believe it was Amazon.com They are a good quality. If you are going to use extended studs for any type of spacer plate with these, the studs I purchased from Wheelers did not fit correctly. They are for stock top plates, and it wasn't a big deal to tack weld the studs in place to hold them secure. I also used the Wheelers coil spring isolator,and it fit these perfect and was a nice quality product. Just a heads up if you can't find a stock used set,at least you have a back up plan.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
OME sell a kit. It's $165 or so.
This seems better; thanks!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
thanks for the links!
I'm a Land Cruiser guy, and used to leaf springs.
I think the Monroe bits listed are short a bushing (or two?) and the shock damper rod hardware...yes?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanLoshbaugh View Post
thanks for the links!
I'm a Land Cruiser guy, and used to leaf springs.
I think the Monroe bits listed are short a bushing (or two?) and the shock damper rod hardware...yes?
I ordered a kit form Rock auto-Think it was about 30 bucks total maybe and had the isolators and everything.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
rock auto shows the same monroe kit; isolators and damping rod stuff not pictured, but maybe included....
Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
Rock auto is a good company to deal with,I think I ordered my stock Denso's from them for 5.99 each and minimal shipping,the local parts guys wanted 8.99 each. They also have a nice detailed list of parts that is easy to navigate.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...arcode=1434688
Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanLoshbaugh View Post
rock auto shows the same monroe kit; isolators and damping rod stuff not pictured, but maybe included....
Rockauto photos do leave something to be desired but here is what I got:
Wanted COA tophats etc-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366164525.251692.jpg top hat w/ studs and coil isolator, top and bottom washers, top shock isolator and the bottom shock isolator is part of the top hat.

There is a 5% rockauto code in the deals and coupons section that is good for a few more days I think...