Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: URD Maf Calibrator

Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
FS: URD Maf Calibrator

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

I have for sale a URD Maf Calibrator. It is labeled as a Split Second PSC1 signal calibrator, but it is just before URD began changing the labeling on them nothing different. It is currently loaded with a map for a cold air intake and full exhaust, but it can be easily reprogrammed with a new map and program from URD if you would like (all free and in email form from Gadget). This is not the plug and play kind so it will require a little bit of electrical work, but not that much. I am looking to get $130 shipped. To make it fair to all parties involved, first to pm will be first in line to buy. If I receive a pm, respond to it, and get no response back within 18 hours I will move on to the next in line no exceptions. I will answer questions within the thread, however posts in here without a pm do not put you anywhere in the queue of buyers.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
weman914 is on a distinguished road

Name: Rory
weman914's Tacoma Gallery
Was it a noticeable change in performance
I may be interested and i live in Helena so i could pick it up
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by weman914 View Post
Was it a noticeable change in performance
I may be interested and i live in Helena so i could pick it up
Ill vouch for it
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Was it a huge boost? Honestly no, but I will say that I drove the truck today to go and get gas after installing my new fuel pump and I could tell it wasn't there... Only reason I'm getting rid of it is because I'm getting boosted and this one doesn't have the MAP option (needed for boosted applications)
Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #5

K would u do 100 cash i could pick it up this weekend
Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
Vivid Illumination

How bout 120 since I dont have to ship. If you're game shoot me a pm and we can figure it out.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #7

K ill let you know by Friday
Iam installing dakars and LR upper arms this weekend
so it just depend on when that gets done unless i con a friend
on driving
Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by weman914 View Post
K ill let you know by Friday
Iam installing dakars and LR upper arms this weekend
so it just depend on when that gets done unless i con a friend
on driving
Haha you'll have a blast with the dakars... I'm sending you a pm
Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #10
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
SOLD!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #11
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question...when I bought my maf cal from urd...Sam only mapped the tcai and told me the dtlt's and y pipe wouldn't/couldn't be mapped.
I remember talking to gadget and vaguely recall us talking about mapping all components...am I missing something?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
Vivid Illumination

If you hook the truck up to a wideband you can fine tune the Maf Cal to be used with whatever mods that you've got. Gadget gave me a stock map premade for an intake/exhaust combo but even that is a little conservative. All components can be accounted for, but the AFRs need to be monitored before you can just start changing values in there.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #13

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Quick question...when I bought my maf cal from urd...Sam only mapped the tcai and told me the dtlt's and y pipe wouldn't/couldn't be mapped.
I remember talking to gadget and vaguely recall us talking about mapping all components...am I missing something?
When I got long tubes, urd y pipe, and the mk2 exhaust..........I called emailed them and asked for an updated file to flash, because before that all I had was the urd intake.

I was emailed a new file.....when opened via R4 software, it was named "pipebomb y"

Or something like that..........so we have some discrepencies maybe

Anyhow, I did not flash it.....I took it out and bought a supercharger also. So I can't tell ya if it ran better/worse/same, with that mapp
Old 05-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
Vivid Illumination

Damn never thought I'd say this, but this thing is back up for sale. To make it fair to all parties involved, first to pm will be first in line to buy. If I receive a pm, respond to it, and get no response back within 18 hours I will move on to the next in line no exceptions. I will answer questions within the thread, however posts in here without a pm do not put you anywhere in the queue of buyers.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
When you say full exhaust, are you meaning headers back or cat back exhaust? I have a KN Cold Air with Borla Catback... Know if the map you have is setup for this or needed to be reprogrammed?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #16
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwardsDyl View Post
When you say full exhaust, are you meaning headers back or cat back exhaust? I have a KN Cold Air with Borla Catback... Know if the map you have is setup for this or needed to be reprogrammed?
The map I have isn't super aggressive. It is set up for an intake and a cat-back exhaust. It would not need to be reprogrammed for your setup, but I assure you it isn't all that hard to do even if it needed to be changed.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #17
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

From your experience, notice any value it added to the truck, either during its install or after you removed it? Sorry for the questions, just wanting to get a little more info from someone who had it installed first hand.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
From your experience, notice any value it added to the truck, either during its install or after you removed it? Sorry for the questions, just wanting to get a little more info from someone who had it installed first hand.
Did it add value? No. You won't sell your truck for more if you have one installed if that's what you were asking . When I first installed it I wasn't sure it did much (installed the same time as my lift, larger tires, headers, etc). However, when I uninstalled it in preparation of putting my S/C on I could certainly tell that it wasn't there! The power at the top of my power band just seemed more flat... And that is where this thing works is in the higher RPM "open loop" range. Something also tells me that this would be more effective at lower elevations. I'm at 5500+ feet here and have a nice loss in pressure/power.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #19
The Red Bull

Guess value was maybe the wrong word! Was meaning mpg/hp value changes. Ill shoot you a pm soon to see if you still have it, thanks for all the info
Old 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #20
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Guess value was maybe the wrong word! Was meaning mpg/hp value changes. Ill shoot you a pm soon to see if you still have it, thanks for all the info
I installed it shortly after lifting and getting larger tires on my truck. My mileage went down and I don't think that the maf cal brought it up because the nature of the unit wouldn't generally increase mpg. If you were pulling hills often and getting more power at high RPM theoretically using less fuel to maintain the same speed... Bah! This won't give you better mileage lol. This unit only affects how the ECU functions in the higher RPM "Open Loop" range. Here is a video to kind of help you understand when that would be. Open loop scenarios are not your high mpg areas of the powerband either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErPJE...r8L8w&index=14