Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Doug Thorley Short Tube Headers 4 Doug Thorley Long Tubes

Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
davies604 is on a distinguished road

Name: Marcus
davies604's Tacoma Gallery
Doug Thorley Short Tube Headers 4 Doug Thorley Long Tubes

I want to trade my Doug thorley short tube headers with new cats on them for doug thorley long tubes + o2 sim ... The shorties have about 2000 km same with the cats. The cats are high flow magnaflow spuns
Old 05-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
I hate you I just ordered short tubes today! I have long tubes currently. If possible, would you send me short tubes first and then I'll send you my long tubes. I'll give you a deposit.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #3

Haha sorry bro I need the long tubes first because I threw out the old manifold and cats I would be truckless haha
Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davies604 View Post
Haha sorry bro I need the long tubes first because I threw out the old manifold and cats I would be truckless haha
I would be Truckless too that's why I need them also! LOL! Dam.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #6

Long tube headers delete the first 2 cats and give more high end power but are not smog legal. short tubes keep the cats and give more low end power
Old 05-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Long tube headers delete the first 2 cats and give more high end power but are not smog legal. short tubes keep the cats and give more low end power
Actually, the short tubes give more power all thru the rpm range than the long tubes. Even on the top end.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #8

Here's graphs with dyno I would say on my experience the best gains are 3-4k although it hard to get my truck moving with 600 pounds of armor plus winch and 300 pounds of line x haha. I want to trade because I want long tubes and y pipe catless system.... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ader-dyno.html
Old 05-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Removing the cats won't give more power.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #10

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you have you ever looked inside of cats they have mesh looking baffles and stuff that the air must go through anything inturupting air flow is slowing you down you delete all your cats and have a straight throw exhaust It would make sence to have faster flow? But u lose back pressure which I believe takes low end power .. I dont know i am not an engineer or mechanic but that's my understanding
Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #12

Quote:
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you have you ever looked inside of cats they have mesh looking baffles and stuff that the air must go through anything inturupting air flow is slowing you down you delete all your cats and have a straight throw exhaust It would make sence to have faster flow? But u lose back pressure which I believe takes low end power .. I dont know i am not an engineer or mechanic but that's my understanding
Modern exhaust systems have very little back pressure. Modern cats are a honeycomb design and flow quite well.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #15
Cmyifyc87 is on a distinguished road
Army: Blue cord mafia
Cmyifyc87's Tacoma Gallery
May have some dt long tubes I am getting with trade but I may be interested in trade for your shorties. Just curious as as how to do the trade??? I cam have the guy ship them to you if you send me a deposit through paypal until you get the shorties off and send them and then refund the money back to you once the trans is complete I will find out when exactly I would be getting them in the next week he is waiting on his turbo manifolds to be finished and sent. Email me if your interested reidershaun@yahoo.com thanks.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #16
brandon1647 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
brandon1647's Tacoma Gallery
Runs A LOT better with the front two cleared out. The passenger side one had a hole through it and was bad. But I kept it even and did the driver side. It was causing back pressure and shutting my truck off after about 10 seconds of running. Then wouldn't crack unless I tapped it with something. Once I cleared it out, haven't had a problem
Attached Thumbnails
Doug Thorley Short Tube Headers 4 Doug Thorley Long Tubes-image.jpg  
Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #17
Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.
TacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Modern exhaust systems have very little back pressure. Modern cats are a honeycomb design and flow quite well.
Cats (catalytic convertors), are like a septic sand mound, they work fine until they begin to plug up. After that, they'll cause some extremely shitty effects on the entire system.

Damaging effects if left unattended.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBow View Post
Cats (catalytic convertors), are like a septic sand mound, they work fine until they begin to plug up. After that, they'll cause some extremely shitty effects on the entire system.

Damaging effects if left unattended.
Correct.