Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FRONT WHEEL BEARING AND HUB SOLUTION - I've done the work, you save the money!

Old 07-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #21
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmm
Old 07-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. Good work, bud.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
I'm just curious how you properly full grease the new bearings. I have only been able to remove the aft portion of the bearing to pack with grease, the forward portion didn't want to be removed.
I have a custom made tip that I use with a grease gun to force-feed grease into the bearings.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #25
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kinda like that, yeah. It gets the bearings filled properly, which is the most important part. These bearings, if not pressed properly, will allow some of the grease to get pressed out and this results in bearing failure shortly down the road.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #26
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Curious about this as well - Is there a service interval or just a "check from time to time and see if there's play" sort of thing.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #27
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Check em time to time, or if you hear or feel anything from the front end.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #28
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Check em time to time, or if you hear or feel anything from the front end.
Thank you!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #30
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Bama Bill's Bearing Shop - Your source for professionally assembled front wheel bearing units for the 2nd generation Toyota Tacoma.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #31
blm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shedblm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blm's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on putting this together. Hope these are available when I need them for my 13. I have heard that the Timken bearings are no longer made in the US. They used to be made in Canton Ohio. Thought all that portion of Timken manufacturing was sent to China?
Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #32
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
148k on stock prerunner bearings and bought brand new napa hub assemblies. If I had seen this two weeks ago I would have ordered since I dont have a press and I still dont have one seal for it.

sub'd..may need this in later life.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #33
alexc is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Medic
Name: Alex
alexc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kala View Post
148k on stock prerunner bearings and bought brand new napa hub assemblies. If I had seen this two weeks ago I would have ordered since I dont have a press and I still dont have one seal for it.

sub'd..may need this in later life.
see if you can return your hubs to napa?
Old 07-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #34
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Bama Bill's Bearing Shop - Your source for professionally assembled front wheel bearing units for the 2nd generation Toyota Tacoma.
Haha. Actually my shop is Marion Bumper2Bumper Automotive. We are located in Marion, Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Congrats on putting this together. Hope these are available when I need them for my 13. I have heard that the Timken bearings are no longer made in the US. They used to be made in Canton Ohio. Thought all that portion of Timken manufacturing was sent to China?
You are correct that Timken bearings are no longer made in the US. That is why I also offer in the opening post the option to go with National Bearing Company, which is still made in the US, for those who prefer American made on as much as possible.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #36
racer1x is on a distinguished road
racer1x's Tacoma Gallery
How are taking payment for these?

I need new bearings
Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #39
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1x View Post
How are taking payment for these?

I need new bearings
I accept PayPal, as well as major credit cards. I will accept a check, but if you send a check the parts will not ship until AFTER the check clears.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #40
mr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mr2mki's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd, though I hope as I am only at 1,500 miles on the clock, the bearings won't be going out just yet