Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FRONT WHEEL BEARING AND HUB SOLUTION - I've done the work, you save the money!

Old 01-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #761
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKY08 View Post
Nothing serious. Just the flu Thanks for the concern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Yeah, the flu can be serious though. I have heard of people dying from that. Glad to hear they are doing well.
No kidding. I've got a younger brother in the hospital right now due to the flu and related issues. He'll be fine, but I'm surprised he waited so long to get help. Glad your kid is doing better.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #762
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Well just finished boxing up and shipping 27 units. We will be closed Monday, and there will be no post running, so please take that into account on waiting for delivery. Everyone have a great weekend! Thanks again for your support.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #763
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
No kidding. I've got a younger brother in the hospital right now due to the flu and related issues. He'll be fine, but I'm surprised he waited so long to get help. Glad your kid is doing better.
Wow! I guess I've always thought of the flu as a bad cold. I'll be sure to start taking it a little more seriously in the future. Sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he is on the up and up. Thanks for the kind thoughts for my little guy. He's top notch again.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #764
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
H1N1 is a bad mofo.

Brother's doing better, thanks.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #765
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota parts order just arrived. I'll have several orders departing again tomorrow. (post has already picked up today's packages) Thanks for the support again everyone. I do appreciate it.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #766
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
I finally replaced the front wheel bearings this past Saturday. WOW what a difference. I had forgotten how quiet the ride is supposed to be. I used to be able to "guesstimate" my speed by the noise and the speed of the droning noise coming from the bearings. Never actually went off of it though, but I had gotten used to the differences in noise with the varying speed.

Now it is so quiet that it sounds, as opposed to before, like I'm not even driving on the highway.

No more loud droning sound as I coast or brake to a stop.

Sheesh so quiet!!!

Thank you for your work Bill!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #767
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
I finally replaced the front wheel bearings this past Saturday. WOW what a difference. I had forgotten how quiet the ride is supposed to be. I used to be able to "guesstimate" my speed by the noise and the speed of the droning noise coming from the bearings. Never actually went off of it though, but I had gotten used to the differences in noise with the varying speed.

Now it is so quiet that it sounds, as opposed to before, like I'm not even driving on the highway.

No more loud droning sound as I coast or brake to a stop.

Sheesh so quiet!!!

Thank you for your work Bill!!!
Thanks for the kind words! Glad I could help!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #768
ASE Master Tech

Well thank God the winter weather only affected us here a little bit. It seems that Birmingham and other local areas were not expecting, thus were not prepared for this. People are still stranded in their vehicles, 24 hours later.

Our best wishes for everyone to get home soon, and safe. It seems that there was even a baby born on the interstate somewhere as well!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #769
Crunchy Taco
blacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
blacktaco21's Tacoma Gallery
pm inbound bama! hope the snow hasn't shut you down!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #770
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktaco21 View Post
pm inbound bama! hope the snow hasn't shut you down!
Replied to. It shut us down yesterday by noon. Today we went in and opened up shop 2 hours late. Other than that we are still rolling.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #771
2 4 LIFE!!!
TuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TuFerLife's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Bama,

Been following your work for awhile. I read up when you post stuff because you always sound very knowledgable about the project. So with that being said, I need to replace a wheel bearing and this seems like the easiest way to do it. But I saw where Nj636 has the exact same thread as this, and prices exactly the same... I was just wondering if there was any difference in the products, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes... But I am looking to purchase a wheel bearing for a 4x4 very soon!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #772
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFerLife View Post
Hey Bama,

Been following your work for awhile. I read up when you post stuff because you always sound very knowledgable about the project. So with that being said, I need to replace a wheel bearing and this seems like the easiest way to do it. But I saw where Nj636 has the exact same thread as this, and prices exactly the same... I was just wondering if there was any difference in the products, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes... But I am looking to purchase a wheel bearing for a 4x4 very soon!
Bills's are better, period.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #774
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
Bills's are better, period.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I truly do appreciate it.

Quote:
Hey Bama,

To be honest, we both use the same brand bearings, seals, and wheel hubs. I do not know his process for manufacturing as far as who actually makes them, and the details that go into it. Nor the experience. So I can't speak for him, or his product.

What I CAN speak for, is mine. All of my bearings come directly from a Koyo manufacturing plant. I buy in bulk, 40-60 bearings at a time. I buy hubs in bulk as well, 10 at a time and I order twice a week on average. The 2WD hubs I get from Toyota, just as he does. Now where things do differ I believe between us is the person. I am now sitting on 25+ years of automotive experience. 25 of which as an ASE certified Master Technician. I even post my ASE ID in my post. I have been doing things like this for a long time. I even own a business. I am not just a person who is doing this out of a home garage. This is my own personal company. I own a fully ASE Certified automotive repair shop. So that is my sell on me.

As for the product itself, We sell reasonably identical items. The difference is in personability. I don't know what his sales are outside of TW, but I am selling to members from here, T4R, as well as FJ Cruisers forum. I also get a lot of sales from people simply doing a Google search for them. I also have a personal guarantee/warranty on my bearings. I don't have them based on a warranty from Timken/Koyo. I put my personal guarantee on my products. I am that confident in them. To date I have had 2 returns. One where a unit received damage during shipping. The other was improperly installed, but I still sent them a replacement unit. (Of course the guy never did return the old one. Go figure)
Old 01-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #775
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd, still have to check my bearings...stock 2005 104000 miles.. what do you think?
Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 AM   #776
ASE Master Tech

I have had customers who's bearings have failed before as well as after those miles. It's always a hit and miss.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:33 PM   #777
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Uhhhhh.... Can you please expand on this?
What Bill said above. I have not ordered them, due to no need, warranty and such. But I have been subbed to this thread for a while and there has been nothing but positive reviews with great customer service.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #778
Crunchy Taco
blacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
blacktaco21's Tacoma Gallery
As a reference, I've been running 35's since 30k and I bought the truck brand new and put 285's on it. I replaced driver at 80k and now the passenger just went out at 100k! Just ordered one of these from bama! Wish he would have been around when I did the first one, would have saved a ton of time, money, and frustration!

Not saying base your truck off of mine, the best bet is to jack the wheels up and try to pull the tire off with the lug nuts still tight. If there is play, time to replace.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:50 AM   #779
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktaco21 View Post
As a reference, I've been running 35's since 30k and I bought the truck brand new and put 285's on it. I replaced driver at 80k and now the passenger just went out at 100k! Just ordered one of these from bama! Wish he would have been around when I did the first one, would have saved a ton of time, money, and frustration!

Not saying base your truck off of mine, the best bet is to jack the wheels up and try to pull the tire off with the lug nuts still tight. If there is play, time to replace.

I have several customers running 33 and 35 inch tires. Knock on wood, I have not heard of any failures.

We are now having our February special on our bearings. Stop by my vendor thread and check it out!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #780
ASE Master Tech

Hey everyone! Thanks for the orders. I appreciate it. More will be heading out tomorrow. I hope you all enjoy the monthly offers I have been providing!