Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FRONT WHEEL BEARING AND HUB SOLUTION - I've done the work, you save the money!

Old 07-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
FRONT WHEEL BEARING AND HUB SOLUTION - I've done the work, you save the money!

Most everyone knows by now that one of our great members, Mike, AKA Wuzzy121, lost his fight with cancer on June 18, 2014. I did not know Mike as well as his Colorado friends did, but he and I talked a bit, and he was always making me laugh, and helped promote my bearings and electrical upgrades. In honor of this, I will be taking $10 of each wheel bearing purchased, $10 of each Stage 1, and $20 of every Stage 2 Kit that I sell and will be sending it directly to Mike's family to help out in whatever way they feel they need it. It is the best way that I can think of from all the way out here in Alabama to honor a great guy, and a great member of TW. I hope that his wife takes his place on here and joins us all.

Thanks to all of my customers from here, T4R, FJ Cruisers, and Google searches!

4X4 assemblies - $170 each
4X2 assemblies - $270 each

For ordering information see the bottom of this post.

Please note that these will also fit 4Runner trucks, as well as corresponding FJ Cruisers and Lexus GX 470s. Spread the word and let others know about these!

One of many reviews I have received: (spelling mistakes left intact)
Quote:
Hello Bill, just wanted to thank you for the excellent product that arrived in the mail yesterday. The hubs and bearings look beautiful and I'm not just saying that ........ All in all the unit you sent me looks like a professional had put together and the parts look brand new, all the bolts in the hub were in the hub and it was also packed better with filler and not just plastic wrap and paper for the hubs to move around in the box and tear it open. I had to let you know these things and would very much like to put it out on the forum ..... I just want to thank you for a great set of hub assemblys, .... you do put out a superiour product and yours is the name I will give when asked about hubs or anything else you are selling, I got my money's worth. Thank You Bill.
Have you wanted to be able to buy the entire bearing, ready to bolt on, with quality parts without breaking the bank? My work is your gain. I have obtained contracts with suppliers and now am able to make pre-assembled FULL units, ready to bolt on. EVEN THE PRERUNNER 6 LUG 4X2!

I've been working for a while now with Toyota, Timken, National, and Dorman. We all know the front wheel bearings are a common failure for both the Pre-runner, AND the 4X4 (ESPECIALLY the 4X4!) and trying to find a quality replacement is a pain. Then you have to get the parts together, drive to a shop, pay anywhere from $25-$50, and PRAY that the shop doesn't break something in the process!

Here is what you will get:

For the 4X4 Tacoma:
  • KOYO brand bearing (The highest quality for the Tacoma!)
  • Dorman wheel hub
  • Timken bearing seal
  • Toyota bearing installation bolts
  • Toyota o-ring seal
The normal price of this bearing unit, pre-assembled and ready for install is: $184 each. This includes flat rate shipping within the United States (INCLUDING Hawaii and Alaska). Canadian orders see bottom of this post.

These will fit the following 4 wheel drive vehicles:
2005 - 2013 Toyota Tacoma
2003 - 2013 Toyota 4runner
2007 - 2013 FJ Cruiser
2003 -2013 Lexus GX 470

For the Pre-runner:
  • National brand bearing (Timken, GMB, or Koyo available)
  • FACTORY Toyota wheel hub
  • FACTORY Toyota hub nut
  • Timken bearing seal
  • Toyota Bearing installation bolts
The normal price of this bearing unit, pre-assembled and ready for install is: $284 each. This includes flat rate shipping within the United States(INCLUDING Hawaii and Alaska). (Canadian orders see bottom of this post)

These will fit the following 2 wheel drive vehicles:

2005 and up Tacoma Prerunners
2003 and up Toyota 4Runner
2007 and up FJ Cruiser

All assemblies are built in a fully ASE certified shop, by ME, an ASE certified Master Technician, using a 20 ton shop press. I build these units myself. Not someone else.

WHY are the factory and aftermarket bearings failing so often?
During manufacturing the factory bearings are only lasting on average of 60k miles. This is not acceptable by any means. They are being built with inferior quality parts, and not by parts that can handle the heavy demand on today's Toyota trucks. Aftermarket bearings are in many cases the same. I have been building and installing these assemblies since March of 2011 at my shop in Marion, Alabama. I started selling them here near the end of July, 2013. This means I have been building these units for almost 2 years now. One thing that I have learned is that in manufacturing of ALL aftermarket bearings, there is insufficient lubrication. The Koyo bearing EVERYONE gets are really no different. They have a minimal amount of bearing grease in them. I take the already great Koyo bearing and add an additional amount of quality high pressure, high temperature bearing grease. This extends the life of my bearing assemblies. I improve an already great bearing. Each assembly is tested in my shop for smoothness of movement, bearing side tension, and free-play. This assures you that you get the absolute BEST assemblies available. I stand behind all of my units 100%.

Below you can see photos of the parts, and assemblies!

Above you will see the Toyota o-ring, Timken bearing seal, Toyota hub bolts, and the National hub bearing assemblies.
Also you can see the Dorman hub for the 4X4 setup, as well as the Toyota hub for the 4X2 setup.

Assembled 4X4 hub unit:

Assembled 4X2 hub unit:

Here is the proper way to press these units together.

Some people place the hub and bearing assembly directly on the lower plate. This is not the correct way as it applies force to the bearings themselves on the inside. This can cause chipping of the bearings or races, resulting in premature bearing failure. By using a press sleeve underneath the assembly, and directly on the center bearing race it forces the pressure only on the inner races of the bearings, pressing the two races together, and pressing the wheel hub into place. This applies NO pressure to the bearing itself. How can you tell? Check out this short video I made that demonstrates this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhHbO...ature=youtu.be

The process will include:
  • Proper full greasing of the new bearing (NOBODY else does this)
  • installation of bearing seal
  • installation of mounting nuts
  • pressing of wheel hub into bearing
  • installation of hub backing nut and torque to spec.
I have a new system I designed to pack these wheel bearing FULL with the appropriate high temperature, high pressure wheel bearing grease. Most bearings, including Koyo, Timken, National, and all of the others, come with an inadequate amount of lubrication. I pack these bearings properly.

I offer a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty (Whichever comes first) This is a personal warranty by ME and my company. Not any third party!

Please photograph your odometer when you install the hubs.

Again these are professionally built units, assembled by an ASE certified master technician (ASE identification number ASE-1923-5640) and are assembled in an ASE certified automotive repair shop.

Shipments to Canada are available, please contact me for details. Duty Fees and taxes are the responsibility of the buyer. Please take that into consideration when ordering from Canada. I can ship to alternate addresses in the US if requested.

PayPal Merchant ID email address: Marionb2bauto@gmail.com

Ordering is simple and easy! You can now go to my website and order direct! Go to MarionBumper2Bumper.com and select the "Online Store" link on the home page. You can select your items there, and pay for them, 24 hours a day! Canadian orders currently will still need a manual invoice to order until I get the last of the glitches out.

PLEASE BE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS ENTERED CORRECTLY WHEN YOU PAY INVOICE. I have had several customers who email me saying they forgot their old address was still on there. PLEASE just take a couple of seconds to be sure that the address is correct. Thank you!

--------

You can contact us by PM, email, or phone!
Phone: 334-345-0422
Send an e-mail to MarionB2BAuto@gmail.com, or send me a PM at BamaToy1997
Old 07-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Man these hubs are getting easier and easier

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ever-save.html
Old 07-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
Why is prerunner 100 more for basically the same thing?
Old 07-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The wheel hub is different on the Prerunner due to bearing retention. They don't have them in the aftermarket yet (Dorman says they are in the works, but no production date yet) so I have to get the wheel hubs from Toyota.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Man these hubs are getting easier and easier

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ever-save.html
yeah, they are. I've been working on this for a couple of weeks trying to find hubs for the prerunner from Dorman, or anyone else that makes them. I haven't had much luck.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Damn good deal, i'll remember this when the time comes again!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a timken bearing and it only lasted a few thousand miles on my 2nd gen Sad day
Old 07-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
ASE Master Tech

I'm not crazy enough to say every Timken, National, or Koyo bearing is perfect. EVERY item that is mass produced can have it's failures. That being said, Timken has been one of the top bearings in the US for decades.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Bill, this is an excellent service. I hope it works out well for you.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #11
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
About time, you started talking about this months ago! Nice!
Yeah, yeah. I know. The hardest part was trying to find an aftermarket hub for the Pre-runner, which I still have yet to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Bill, this is an excellent service. I hope it works out well for you.
Thanks. I appreciate it. Now if I could find a low cost alternative for the 1st gens.....
Old 07-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
ASE Master Tech

UPDATED*****

Please check original post as it has been updated to include warranty information as well.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm I feel like I have recently heard of this goodness. I may utilize this in the near ish future!

Thanks OP
Old 07-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
b.prall is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
b.prall's Tacoma Gallery
I have a little over 120,000 on stock front bearings, should I be worried that they are bad or going bad, light trail running, I will be looking your way when I do need to replace them, thanks in advance for this service
Old 07-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.prall View Post
I have a little over 120,000 on stock front bearings, should I be worried that they are bad or going bad, light trail running, I will be looking your way when I do need to replace them, thanks in advance for this service
Curious about this as well - Is there a service interval or just a "check from time to time and see if there's play" sort of thing.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting..... Price shipped to Calgary Alberta Canada?
Old 07-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #17
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Was hoping you would see this too. Curious what your thoughts are.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
bro didn't I link you to it?

Nvm..you were in here way before me.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
PM sent