Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: The Tacoma Tech Deck (new product)

Old 08-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #41
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutbackHack View Post
Just ordered one of each, now I just need a dashcam to mount under the mirror.
Ram Mount makes GoPro attachments for the ball.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #42
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonenough View Post
Very interested in this for an iPad mount....OP, have either of you guys run an iPad on the TechDeck for any extended amount of time? Over rough roads? I'm just curious as to how it holds up to having that much weight hanging on it. I purchased an 18" RAM mounting arm a while back and eventually sold it because the iPad rocked back and forth the whole time, making it difficult to read; it drove me crazy. If this mount is totally solid and doesn't lead to anything of the dash pieces cracking over time, I'm in for one. Nice job on putting in the development time on these.

Ryan,

The answer to your question is a definitive "YES". The whole idea (the ENTIRE reason the Tech Deck exists today) was because I wanted a solid dash mount for my full-size, 1st gen, otterbox wrapped, heavy as hell iPad. I use it OFF-ROAD with the iHike and geocaching apps a LOT! Check out my truck...you can see that it is build to be off-road, and it often is.

All of our testing was done with that ipad on the Tech Deck. During development, I came away unsatisfied several times...and even gave up and set the project aside. I came back to it after I had a "revelation" , and after 3 iterations...got VERY happy with it. I tested it with the General-duty and the Xtreme-duty versions. The Xtreme added a bit more rigidity for off road/heavy device use. However two testers were quite satisfied with their General duty version and a Window's Surface mounted on it.

The play you will get will be minimal and it will be almost entirely the result of the rubber balls in the RAM components. That is why I try to keep my setup as simple and short as possible.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #44
Vicorjr26 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jhun
Vicorjr26's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #45
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Mounted mine up yesterday thanks to KevinSC for his help with the install. Ill try and get some daylight pics up this week. I doubted the strength of the xtreme duty version but we were both surprised how sturdy it seemed after being all bolted up.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #46
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
This looks like a great product! I've wanted a way to mount my gps without using so much of the windshield. Also would be interested in mounting an IPad if I ever get one. Would be cool to have a nice mount for my phone too.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #47
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Tested mine this weekend, no issues. Held my 10" tablet and phone without problem. Ill try to get a picture.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #48
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Tested mine this weekend, no issues. Held my 10" tablet and phone without problem. Ill try to get a picture.
Lol I haven't seen it on Instagram yet
Old 08-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #49
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see more pics of these... Also, where do you get that iPad mount from the OP?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #50

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
I want to see more pics of these... Also, where do you get that iPad mount from the OP?
Check out rammounts.com
Old 08-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #51
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Check out rammounts.com
Excellent, thanks man!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #52

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
Excellent, thanks man!
Haha no problem. A few of them and you can mount anything with this tech deck
Old 08-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #53
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Lol I haven't seen it on Instagram yet
LOL hard to take a picture when my phone is mounted in it.

As for the RAM Mounts I ordered all mine from Amazon.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #54

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
So now I've looked at my truck a bit and am now on a computer so I can see the pictures better..

For anyone that has used this, do you pretty much lose the ability to easily press the hazard flashers button, see the clock, and possibly not be able to see the a/c controls very well anymore?

Not suggesting that these are legitimate reasons to not buy this product, just trying to get a good perspective of what to expect so there aren't any surprises after installation.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #55

It doesn't block things much, i can still access everything without too much trouble.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #56
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So now I've looked at my truck a bit and am now on a computer so I can see the pictures better..

For anyone that has used this, do you pretty much lose the ability to easily press the hazard flashers button, see the clock, and possibly not be able to see the a/c controls very well anymore?

Not suggesting that these are legitimate reasons to not buy this product, just trying to get a good perspective of what to expect so there aren't any surprises after installation.
It all depends on what, and where, you mount on the Tech Deck. I have three balls on mine...two on top (far left and far right), and one on bottom (middle). I usually only have two devises (large ipad (upper right) and cell or GPS (middle bottom)) attached. The left upper ball does compromise me seeing the clock...but I just look at my ipad for that. I can still get to the radio and AC controls pretty well.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #57

Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pic Alex...it's great to see the Tech Deck in other's Tacoma trucks. BTW...I had an iPad mount like in your pic...and hated it (mostly because my old Otterbox protector was too big to fit in it properly). Ended up selling it on TW...and got the large X-grip. Love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post

It doesn't block things much, i can still access everything without too much trouble.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
Awesome pic Alex...it's great to see the Tech Deck in other's Tacoma trucks. BTW...I had an iPad mount like in your pic...and hated it (mostly because my old Otterbox protector was too big to fit in it properly). Ended up selling it on TW...and got the large X-grip. Love that!
Thanks!, I also do like the X-Grip style holder for my table too, but it sure is pricey! Compared to the version for 7" tablets its more than double!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #59

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
It all depends on what, and where, you mount on the Tech Deck. I have three balls on mine...two on top (far left and far right), and one on bottom (middle). I usually only have two devises (large ipad (upper right) and cell or GPS (middle bottom)) attached. The left upper ball does compromise me seeing the clock...but I just look at my ipad for that. I can still get to the radio and AC controls pretty well.
cool sounds good. I'll see how I'm doing after I pay some bills
Old 08-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #60
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine and love it. Using the same set-up as sytfu510, except with a shorter arm.
Attached Thumbnails
FS:  The Tacoma Tech Deck (new product)-techdeck.jpg