Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FEELER: 2 inch thick 2.7 intake manifold spacer

Old 09-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #41
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05taco2.7 View Post
Sooooooo interested for the right price ( I'd prolly pay in the 100-200 range)

I do some mild trailering and a lot of driven like a bat out of hell so I'd love more torque in the lower rpm
Ok. I'll add you to the list...
It's important to understand that the absolute torque peak itself is not increased. That same amount of torque just becomes available at lower rpms which would be of some help when you're pulling a trailer.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #42
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
that's the gain? pass.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #43
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
that's the gain? pass.
That's fine. It's always good to know that your expectations aren't met before you buy anything. This is just a simple bolt on part. Forced induction will give you the power that you want. That will meet your expectations.

This shows exactlly what gains are. Just 2 ftlbs. more torque at the peak, and the torque peak comes on 250 rpm lower.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #44
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Please add me to the list Greg. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #45
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
Please add me to the list Greg. Thanks.
Ok.

Greg
Old 09-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #46
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Ok.

Greg
I want one...
Old 09-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #49
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Whelp ..... He just ran out. I hate it for you man ........
4.0L problems...
Old 09-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #51

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha yeah yall ain't gonna get nothin like this. Yall got bigger problems like superchargers and shit that make a lot more power
TORSPD said it actually does the same thing for us... LOL and he has had some made just needs a few more that want them to do it again...
Old 09-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #52
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
owner problems...

FIFY!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #53

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
FIFY!
Stalker!

Old 09-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #54
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stalker!

you know you like it...
Old 09-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #55
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want one...
Ok.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #56
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why tha fuck did you even say anything then!?
That's all right, rex.
I don't mind addressing people's complaints because it just gives me more opportunities to describe exactly what to expect before anyone even decides whether or not to buy.

I'd much rather answer people's complaints before a sale, than after one.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #57
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
That's all right, rex.
I don't mind addressing people's complaints because it just gives me more opportunities to describe exactly what to expect before anyone even decides whether or not to buy.

I'd much rather answer people's complaints before a sale, than after one.
I completely understand. Trolls just suck
Old 09-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #58
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Ok.

We're going with a dozen for the first production run. It's going to take about a month to turn them out. I just ordered all the O ring gaskets, and am looking for the proper mounting hardware to complete the kits. I added up the R&D costs of designing, dyno testing, machining, mounting hardware, gaskets, and shipping costs and will be offering the spacers for $225 including free shipping to the lower 48 states. The design will be just like this except it will be made out of exactly the same black material as your intake manifold.

I'll keep you updated on the production progress including pictures, and when all the parts are assembled into kits and ready to ship... only then will they be offered for sale on a first come first served basis. This way when you order, I can send it out immediately and you'll receive it in just a few days from the time you paid for it.

Greg
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #59
Kermit
SVHANC is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
SVHANC's Tacoma Gallery
For those of us with stock intakes, how will the fit up work out? The long tube intake provides a lot more options, but I am planning on staying pretty close to stock.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #60
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVHANC View Post
For those of us with stock intakes, how will the fit up work out? The long tube intake provides a lot more options, but I am planning on staying pretty close to stock.
Just think of your throttle body being moved 2 inches to the right as you're looking at the engine from the front of your truck.

You'll need a coupling to lengthen your intake tube two inches between your throttle body and the resonator box on the top of your black plastic valve cover. Then you can leave all of the rest of your stock intake exactly as it is now. Right at the throttle body is the least disruptive location to lengthen your intake.

It looks like you could replace that elbow at the throttle body with a 90 degree silicone coupling. They all have longer ends than the bent part.

Something that looks like this should work pretty well...

Stuff like this is always for sale on ebay. Search for "90 degree silicone coupling" and measure your throttle body's outside diameter to get the proper size to fit over it.