Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FEELER: 2 inch thick 2.7 intake manifold spacer

Old 08-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
FEELER: 2 inch thick 2.7 intake manifold spacer

PRODUCTION ESTIMATE LIST

1. Island
2. SingleCabGuy
3. camojared
4. cmanhonor
5. Kavic
6. nettto
7. EquinsuOcha
8. Millertime187
9. ItsHerTruck
10. 08soufjerz
11. allmotorrex
12. 2007 Tacoma
13. 05taco2.7
14. kcbmx
15. nfs257
16. volcom7377
17. tacowagon
18. Kilo Sierra
19. T@coPr3runn3r
20. melliot15
21. 2004TacomaNavy
22. vtragweed
23. lb86
24. vstrom
25. MaxT

Now that the prototype 2 inch thick intake manifold spacer has been dyno tested and has proven that it lowers the torque curve without sacrificing top end horsepower, I'm curious of how much buying interest there might be in this product. It will be CNC machined out of a solid block of the same black nylon material that your intake manifold is made of so that it will appear to be an integral part of your manifold.

It will look just like this except that it will be black nylon...

This is not your commitment to buy, nor is it a group buy, or an advance paid order. I won't take your money up front and make you to have to wait for a product to be made. This is only to see how many of you would be interested in buying a spacer if the price is right. This will help me to plan on how many spacers to have made up. There's no minimum production run because I'm the one who is paying all of the costs up front. I'm taking all the risks with my own money so your risk is zero. If just one person is interested in buying just one spacer...

...I'll have just one made.

I already consider this project to be a success because I'm already enjoying the results every day when I drive my truck.

So simply post up in this thread if you're interested, and if you don't mind, also include a brief description of how you use your truck and how think this part might benefit you, and I'll edit this first post to add your name to the list.

Greg
Old 09-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
island is on a distinguished road

island's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested if the price is right?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
^x2
Old 09-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=286076

Page 17 for dyno sheets

Tooter, what kind of price we looking at?

My truck uses = Daily driven, drifter, track truck.
The quicker I can get to my peak torque, the better.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SoufJerz View Post
do you have any dyno sheets? id like to see it on paper

There is also more information in 3 other locations. Two of them are in the "4 cylinder" section:

"tooter 2.7 intake manifold spacer"

"2.7 dyno charts"

And one is in "tuning and performance":

"N/A Power Gains - Dynos w/Mods"
Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=286076

Page 17 for dyno sheets

Tooter, what kind of price we looking at?

My truck uses = Daily driven, drifter, track truck.
The quicker I can get to my peak torque, the better.
I'm not sure just yet, Guy. The material costs are still being researched, as we don't presently have a source for nylon blocks. I also need to source the installation hardware and O ring gaskets. As soon as I find out, I'll let everyone here know.

Hey, if you run a tooter 2.7 at the drags and post your timing slips, I'll send you a free one. I'll be your first race sponsor.

From how it feels driving my truck, I believe that it'll help you to get better shot out of the hole which should lower your et's

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."

-Enzo Ferrari
Old 09-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd
Old 09-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanhonor View Post
I'll run my truck at bandimere speedway for a free one
Sorry, man... only one race sponsor.

SingelCabGuy has been taking the time and effort to run his 2.7 at the drag strip and has been posting his results here. Because he has already logged a valuable performance profile for the 2.7, he's the right one to run a tooter at the drags.

Greg
Old 09-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SoufJerz View Post
youve got my attention
Does that mean you'd like to be added to the list? It's not a commitment to buy. I just need a rough idea of about how many to have made on the first production run.

I'll let everyone know up front the price the spacers will be offered for sale when I know the costs of raw materials, gaskets, and hardware, so then you can decide at that time whether or not you think it's worth your while to buy.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
camojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jared
camojared's Tacoma Gallery
count me in tooter
Old 09-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
cmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmanhonor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Artem
cmanhonor's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Sorry, man... only one race sponsor.

SingelCabGuy has been taking the time and effort to run his 2.7 at the drag strip and has been posting his results here. Because he has already logged a valuable performance profile for the 2.7, he's the right one to run a tooter at the drags.

Greg
That's alright man! I'd still be interested in buying one
Old 09-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
nettto is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
nettto's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to the list
Old 09-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Ok. The list has been updated.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #17
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in the spacer. It'd be great to grab some low end torque to turn some larger tires.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in
Old 09-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #19
The Primeministah
ItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the roughItsHerTruck is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
ItsHerTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Im in!....

Aloha
Alex