1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler, $75 obo

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by DaVikes, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Sep 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    DaVikes

DaVikes [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    Colorado Sports Car
    Arb front bumper, warn winch, All Pro rear bumper, OME up front, OME and All Pro Standard in Back, ARB locker, 34 x 10.5 KO2's, 17" Level 8 Trackers, and fancy single piece driveshaft.
    The prior owner of my truck put a Flowmaster 40 series muffler on the truck. I like it at idle - it has a nice deep sound. You also hear it when accelerating, and above 2000 rpm. At steady throttle below 2000 rpm, it is not really noticeable. My truck is geared 4.56, so I'm in the mid 2000's on the highway, and it is too loud for me there. I would judge it to be about the same or slightly louder than the tire noise on the highway. (285 Duratracs.) Basically I'm too old for it, and I need my wife to like the truck. So I put a stock exhaust on it.

From reading the prior owner's posts (2011TacoSport4x4) I can tell that he put it on sometime in late 2010. (The truck is an '11) He mentioned that it is a 40 series, and the measurements match. The inlet and outlet configuration determine the part number, which is 42543. http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=451&partno=42543

Flowmaster says it has an aggressive sound, but I don't think it's really all that aggressive. Search Youtube for Flowmaster 40 series Tacoma, and you'll find a bunch of videos.

The case size for this muffler is pretty small at 13L x 10W x 4D. If installed correctly, it sits above the bottom of the frame rail, which is obviously nice if you go off road.

The muffler looks rusty, but the case is solid. No thin spots. The prior owner had re-routed the exhaust to be above the frame, so the y is further back, so the muffler has no flange on the front pipe. It will have to be welded on.

$50 obo, local pickup only. I'm in Stapleton (NE Denver).

Muffler1.jpg
    Muffler2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Sep 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    DaVikes

DaVikes [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    Colorado Sports Car
    Arb front bumper, warn winch, All Pro rear bumper, OME up front, OME and All Pro Standard in Back, ARB locker, 34 x 10.5 KO2's, 17" Level 8 Trackers, and fancy single piece driveshaft.
    Bump, price reduced to $50 obo.

Products Discussed in

To Top