Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: OEM Overload Leaf (2)

Old 09-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: OEM Overload Leaf (2)

Hello Forum,

I am looking for (2) OEM Overload Leafs. Anyone selling or GIVING them away? I'm willing to pay for shipping if it's reasonable.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
i'd give you mine if you were local
Old 09-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #3
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you though.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
dylanmiller21 is on a distinguished road
dylanmiller21's Tacoma Gallery
im taking mine off within two weeks. if you pay shipping they are all yours
Old 09-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #5

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmiller21 View Post
im taking mine off within two weeks. if you pay shipping they are all yours
That's very kind of you sir. I guess when ever you get a chance can you estimate the shipping to 33169
Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #6

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #7

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Still looking for OEM overload leafs. dylanmillet21 has offered me his & I appreciate it but if someone else has a pair I can take them off of your hands also. I can use 2 pairs (Two different trucks)
Thanks
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of overloads. If you pay shipping I'll send them your way.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #9

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I just PM'd you PepsiManKolt.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #11

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPebkac View Post
Are you doing double overload bastard packs? That will gain you over an extra inch even thou it is 3/4" thick.
Hey man! Nice to hear from you again!
Yes, I want to add more rake.

My current set-up is
5100's (all 4 with fronts at 2.5),
Rear 3/1 leafs with 3 Leaf AAL & OEM overload left in.

I have a 3/4" difference front to rear & I want another 3/4" height for the rear. I was thinking of cutting them to use as a small lift block but do you think I can just install them complete?

Also, will I need longer shocks?

BTW, the 23.5 hub to fender, is that the front?

Do you like the 5100's at "0" with 885's better than 5100's @ 2.5 with the OEM PreRunner springs?

Hope you don't mind all the ?'s

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #12
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future

Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mind the questions.
I do like the OME 885 springs set at 0 on the 5100's. They settled in nicely. They were stiff for the first 2k miles. They softened up.
I am a 4x4 sport. I did not want to preload the stock sport coils. I got the feeling the 2.5" setting was an uncomfortable ride. So I never went that route. Yes 23.5 was my hub to fender measurement with the 885s/5100 the day after install. It has settled to 23.25" now.
The 25" in the back is a compressed number. I have 4 leaf spring clamps clamping my leafs to my overloads to compress them so I am not at 26" all the time. Way to much rake for me. I can remove the clamps for wheeling to add more flex. I wanted a rear swaybar but would loose a lot of flex. So I use the clamps. I do have the extended 5100's made for the RCD lift. The B110 5100's. The stock shock was topping out.

I would cut the extra overloads. It will be a tough cut depending what you are using to cut them. I personally only have an angle grinder. I think if I was to cut them I would cut them 6"-7" on each side of the center hole. No real reason why. What is your rear hub to fender measurement?

Btw
Do you have degree shims? Any takeoff shutter issues? If you do have shutter and no shims. Degree shims will like give you about 1/2" lift and may help with your drivetrain geometry.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #13

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello UrPebkac,

Thank you for the info. Are you referring to these from ToyTec:

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ms_p_358.html#

I do have slight take-off shudder and no shims at all. I have a die grinder (I believe that's what it's called) so cutting the leafs won't be an issue.

Rear hub to fender is 24.25"'s.

I had a Tacoma come in to the shop today and I measured the Overload thickness. It's exactly 1/2". That, with the ToyTec 3 degree shim should sit nicely.

I'm waiting for PepsiManKolt to respond with the shipping quote for the overloads and I'll order the shims tonight.

Once I install all of it I'll see how the shocks react. If needed, I'll buy the B110 5100's.

I have Timbren bump stops on the rear so bottoming out the longer shock shouldn't be an issue, correct?

Thank you SO MUCH for all the info!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future

Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
Hello UrPebkac,

Thank you for the info. Are you referring to these from ToyTec:

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ms_p_358.html#

I do have slight take-off shudder and no shims at all. I have a die grinder (I believe that's what it's called) so cutting the leafs won't be an issue.

Rear hub to fender is 24.25"'s.

I had a Tacoma come in to the shop today and I measured the Overload thickness. It's exactly 1/2". That, with the ToyTec 3 degree shim should sit nicely.

I'm waiting for PepsiManKolt to respond with the shipping quote for the overloads and I'll order the shims tonight.

Once I install all of it I'll see how the shocks react. If needed, I'll buy the B110 5100's.

I have Timbren bump stops on the rear so bottoming out the longer shock shouldn't be an issue, correct?

Thank you SO MUCH for all the info!
Yes those Shims. (Scratching head) I guess the 3/4 thickness I was thinking was the thickness of the Chevy overloads I tossed last winter. There is an in between shock from bilstein it is on downsouthmotorsports site. You are correct on the shocks wait and see if you will need them. Your timbrens will help when the shock is fully compressed. My issue was when the shock was fully extended. I was likely explaining it wrong before.

If they don't get back to you. Have you checked out prices at a junk yard?

I think I will be driving down to south Florida in December. Visiting family. If I get some time I will see if you all are having a meet.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #15

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Junk yard sounds good.
That would be great if you visit Florida. Have a safe drive down here.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #16

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello,

I called most of the Miami junkyards & they want to sell you the whole leaf pack for outrageous prices so it looks like I'll be waiting for those overloads from either PepsiManKolt or dylanmiller21.

It was worth a try though.

Thanks for the sugestion!

Old 09-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #18

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
That's very kind of you sir.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
So, I just measured the overloads from the Taco and chevy and they are about the same thickness you can have the ones of my taco if you want. I actually have a set of 4 so if you want all 4 you can have them if you want 2 thats fine also. Just let me know and I will get a shipping quote.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #20

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Sure thing PepsiManKolt,

I had PM'd you the address a couple of days ago. Two overload leafs will do.

Thank you for your generosity!