Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

OEM 2014 Tacoma Navigation Radio

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #341
NateB is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
NateB's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd.

My 2012 non JBL has back up camera on mirror. Will I be able to move the view to head unit? What will it take? If someone knows of a link about this already, Sorry, please send link.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #342
El Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Lobo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Lobo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateB View Post
sub'd.

My 2012 non JBL has back up camera on mirror. Will I be able to move the view to head unit? What will it take? If someone knows of a link about this already, Sorry, please send link.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-display.html
Old 02-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #343

NateB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lobo View Post
Thanks for the help El Lobo. Looks like there are several options out there waiting, after I'm able to come up with the $$ to change out my headunit.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #344
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Pm'd, I want to install this for my brother-in-law. He's in the military and its the least I can do since someone hacked up his dash with a sawzall and cut every wire in that area including the aux plug, AC controls, and hazard/clock cluster. All for just a stupid stock non nav unit! I think he would dig it if I could install this for him.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #345
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconvert View Post
Pm'd, I want to install this for my brother-in-law. He's in the military and its the least I can do since someone hacked up his dash with a sawzall and cut every wire in that area including the aux plug, AC controls, and hazard/clock cluster. All for just a stupid stock non nav unit! I think he would dig it if I could install this for him.
WTF
Old 02-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #346
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonortiz55 View Post
WTF
That's kind of what I said with a few more words. You can't teach this level of destructive stupidity. Luckily he got a good deal on the truck!

Old 02-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #347
bear263 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
bear263's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for the Entune Premium JBL Audio from a 2014 to replace my 2013 jbl hu.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #348
Wilhob is on a distinguished road
Army: 82nd Airborne
Wilhob's Tacoma Gallery
WTB 2014 Tacoma Nav Radio

Hi I need a 2014 Nav non JBL Radio anyone have one for sale
Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #349
rwilche1 is on a distinguished road
rwilche1's Tacoma Gallery
Hi all!
I'm a total noob here so excuse me if my questions are dumb/can easily be found elsewhere. I just got my 14' 4 cyl Double cab PreRunner SR5 after having my 13' essentially the same truck for 5 mos only to have the dealership totally massacre it on the valve spring recall. Anyways, I believe it is an entune radio which I have now, my question being if I purchase this nav radio will it be a simple plug and play? And can anyone link a vid/directions on how to uninstall/install the old radio/new one? Still debating on this as if love to have nav. Also want that UWS toolbox, hehe!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #350
robby8388 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
robby8388's Tacoma Gallery
I sent you a pm FL trucks! I would love to buy one of these units if you still have any available.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #351

NateB's Tacoma Gallery
Sound output

So as everyone knows, the sound output from the stock headunit in the 2012 is weak. Some have advised that it won't do any good to change out the speakers because the headunit sound is the problem.
So my question is, Does this 2014 headunit offered in this thread push out better sound? Since I'm not a stereo guy does anyone know the spec that says the 2014 is more of X than the 2012's X?
Old 02-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #352
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So as everyone knows, the sound output from the stock headunit in the 2012 is weak. Some have advised that it won't do any good to change out the speakers because the headunit sound is the problem.
So my question is, Does this 2014 headunit offered in this thread push out better sound? Since I'm not a stereo guy does anyone know the spec that says the 2014 is more of X than the 2012's X?
Changing the stock speakers will help. I put infinity speakers in the front and rear doors and I added 2 10's behind the rear seat with a Rockford fosgate amp for a lil extra bass. I was and still am impressed with the sound and I also have the 2014 nav unit in my truck now.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #353
RonCarver is on a distinguished road
Navy: USN RET, STGCS/SW, E8
Name: Ron
RonCarver's Tacoma Gallery
I just joined TacomaWorld today and have the same problem I have seen so many others talking about. My new Tacoma (off the lot a week ago) came with an Entune Audio plus and I didn't know it did not have nav and Apps until I got it home and started setting things up. I went back to the dealer and told them I was disappointed and asked them to upgrade me so I would have the Navigation also. They told me there was no upgrade because they must be installed at the factory.
I can see in the posts that this is not true. Does anyone know how I can acquire an Entone Premium audio system that I can install myself?
You got a really good deal on your system and I'm glad it is working fine.
Thank you....RonCarver
Old 02-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #354
mbray is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
mbray's Tacoma Gallery
OEM 2014 Tacoma Navigation Radio

Quote:

As far as I no... There is little or no difference.
But....
Your speakers will always sound a lot better than the stock system if it's powered properly. I've amped my stock unit (2013) and factory speakers

It sounds a lot cleaner and I'm definitely happy with just the 4ch amp
Old 02-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #355
tail07 is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
tail07's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Thank You FLTrucks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTrucks View Post
So yes there are several PM's i have not answered I do apologize as Febuary and March are some of the most busy months. I may not be able to respond to all the pm's so i do apologize for this. I will be trying to contact all the PM's i have now but i would like to place it here as well so other members interested understand why it takes a bit longer. As of now we are needing to put a hold on a lot of sales on items, not just these Tacoma units. We will be attending several car and audio shows this month and some of next. We are doing a lot of sponsorship work which takes a lot of time out of our schedules. I will have these units still but it may need to wait till beginning or mid march. Again sorry for everyone that is interested.
I just installed the navigation unit and it works flawlessly! Thank you!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #356
It works if you work it.

Just got my nav unit in a the mail. Everything was plug and play into the 2013 (after I fixed the wiring). I was a little bummed that it didn't come with an SD card. I looked it up and that sucker is not cheap.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #357
Xtremewelder is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc
Xtremewelder's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was in the unit installed already, I think its included.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #358
It works if you work it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremewelder View Post
Mine was in the unit installed already, I think its included.
I had another member tell me that... I sent FLTruks a PM, I am hoping its just a mistake. Everything was package real nice but it was odd, the SD card cover on the radio was removed and just loose in the box.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #359
Xtremewelder is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc
Xtremewelder's Tacoma Gallery
I would say a mistake, he's really good but super busy. Takes a while to get back to you.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #360
lungs414 is on a distinguished road
lungs414's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question. I did the swap really easy, followed ramonortiz55 guide.

However my passenger side airbag light stays lit now. Disconnected battery for 1/2 hour still on, any suggestions?
Thanks
Rich

Products Discussed in this Thread